Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: || Azhagiya Tamizh Magan | Bharathan | Vijay ||

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR is the only popular MD today who has to re-establish his credibility with each and every album and if it isn't a masterpiece like Dil Se people start complaining. ATM isn't a masterpiece, but for a mass album it is often creative and quite good.

Wait until November 27th for the next ARR masterpiece

BTW, Enadhuyire from Bheema = "da da" bit from Nadhiye Nadhiye (Rhythm) mixed with Mayilirage (Aa Aah)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber manmadan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickraman
    Compared to ATM, Bheemaa is 100x better.

ATM songs are more proof that ARR is slipping. Sify claims it rocking. Give me some rocks and I'll whack them for encouraging me to waste my money on this so called, "great" music.

Ellappughazam ---> Ooruvan Ooruvan mashed with Anbe Aaruiye title track.
    Ponmagal ---> Original > Remix.
    Nee Marlyin Monroe--> No tamil lyrics. "Na Aiye (poopie) pola, variya?"
    Valyapatti --> Confused duet.
    Kelamal --> Too much eurobeat on emphasis.

Bheemaa > ATM

Vijay fans and Rahamaniacs are praising it too much. ARR made his money, he's out of stock. I hope his "Ghajni" is good, or I'm considering ignoring him for life.
    Bheema songs are Sh*t man only mudazh mazai songs is good others are not all that.

ATM songs r wiked, has much more variety.
    LiFe Is LiKe a CiRcLe jeikaporavan thorkalam, thorkaporavan jeikalam, its all in the GAME!

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prasana84
    Compared to ATM, Bheemaa is 100x better.

ATM songs are more proof that ARR is slipping. Sify claims it rocking. Give me some rocks and I'll whack them for encouraging me to waste my money on this so called, "great" music.

Ellappughazam ---> Ooruvan Ooruvan mashed with Anbe Aaruiye title track.
    Ponmagal ---> Original > Remix.
    Nee Marlyin Monroe--> No tamil lyrics. "Na Aiye (poopie) pola, variya?"
    Valyapatti --> Confused duet.
    Kelamal --> Too much eurobeat on emphasis.

Bheemaa > ATM

Vijay fans and Rahamaniacs are praising it too much. ARR made his money, he's out of stock. I hope his "Ghajni" is good, or I'm considering ignoring him for life.
    I really agree to what you say (rahman) 90's vantha musickuda eppa vara music compare pannavae mudiyathu.

But comparing it with bheema (the same hj music nothing new)

Anyway i cant agree with ur comment that arr is out of stock. Elizabeth the golden age has amazing music, sok had some great melodies.

But arr in 90's had much much much more better music than what he is doing today. It was the best unimaginable stuffs. Thats why ir went out of market

But few days before the same nickraman said the songs are good.
    The songs are really superb but it cant be compared with rahman's earlier works.
    My first opinion said it was decent not his best. I needed a second opinion as the songs weren't happening. Had it been a HJ or IR album, they're automatically sync in my mind.

This weekend, I played the songs at a get together, the response was poor. What I wrote there was basically the unanimous opinion of my colleagues. So we switched the songs and went for Bheemaa, the response was positive.

Everyone says that ARR has lost it these days. Barring Mayya and Rang De Basanti, he's lost any sort of credibility as a composer. Some have said that Elizabeth's OST is a good album, have to hear that next. Others commented that why would ARR of all the people stoop so low to do a remix of Ponmagal, that's what ticked them off. Someone else said that ARR shoudn't even join hands for a Vijay movie. Vijay's film require crass numbers not qawwali's and eurobeats. Something like Pokkiri is what he said.

Oh and Vayalappatti is taken from HJ's turf (Iyengaru Veetu anyone?)
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted-
    Music is Peace

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the whole: AZHAGIYA THAMIZH MAGAN is a TRUE Rahman album that you leave a lasting impression. Forget Sivaji, AZHAGIYA THAMIZH MAGAN can be added as one of the top albums of 2007 along with the likes of MOZHI, CHENNAI 600028, KIREEDOM, KUMARAN, BHEEMAA, KANNAMMOCHI YENADA, SATHUM PODATHEY and now this. Only con of the album has to be the Madurai track.
    http://nickraman1990.blogspot.com/

Nick,

This is your review when the album was released. You said the album leaves an everlasting impression on you and now within 3 weeks it is changed. Amazing judgement. Hats off!!!

You got to be the only person in the world who liked Rahman songs in first few listenings and have an entirely different opinion later.

and,

ARR made his money, he's out of stock.
    This is the second time you are commenting about ARR making money. What's your problem? Are your favorite composers doing it for free?

I hope his "Ghajni" is good, or I'm considering ignoring him for life.
    I'm really sad about this. ARR is about to loose a true critic.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The link to Valapatti and Iyengar Veetu is tenuous at best. Both are classical-based numbers, but Valayapatti is fun and jaunty and incorporates different styles and more creative things (the excellent use of morsing, for example) and back-and-forth singing, while Iyengar Veetu is a more chasted classical-based song. Anyways, doesn't the veena solo in Iyengar Veetu sound like the veena in Narumugiye from Iruvar? So once again HJ is "inspired" by ARR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and Vayalappatti is taken from HJ's turf (Iyengaru Veetu anyone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    I'm really sad about this. ARR is about to loose a true critic.

Post Thanks / Like
    -edited-

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LM, -lovely example of a good arguement - thats how it needs to be done .....i dont think Nick can have any sane reply to ur questions

nick, though i dont like to speak on ppl. here but i think u just post for sake of grabbing attention by making provocative statements and evoking strong reactions.......if u hadnt liked ATM on 2nd,3rd listenings - u shuld have been genuinely surprsed - instead u call a HJ album better than ATM - clearly shows u just wanted some reaction from ppl. here......anyways, u claimed sivaji wud flop, and wat happened was history.......and u claimed u were shankar's assistant and part of shankar's crew -

makkale, pls avoid reacting to such blatant provocations.........we are not doing any service to ARR by angrily reacting to such pppl. who deliberately provoke..... ......also dont use bad words in ARR forum pls
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted-

atm songs hit aanathula ethanai perukku vaitherical!

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast