Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: ENGLISH Language.. PREDOMINANT. !!. How.?. Why.?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    >>...what you and I studied in Schools of British India. <<

This shows that you don't even read my posts. Didn't I say I studied in 70's, after the death of CN Annadurai! Do you call that British India? And the text book link that I've given is the CURRENT text book being used in TN. I don't think the British rule TN today

ஆள விடுங்க சாமி, நான் இந்த ஆட்டத்துக்கு இல்ல

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    >>...what you and I studied in Schools of British India. <<

This shows that you don't even read my posts. Didn't I say I studied in 70's, after the death of CN Annadurai! Do you call that British India? And the text book link that I've given is the CURRENT text book being used in TN. I don't think the British rule TN today

ஆள விடுங்க சாமி, நான் இந்த ஆட்டத்துக்கு இல்ல
    Dear Freiend,

Should I answer this point.?

Indian school curriculum is still following only the British-made History Texts.!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone mentioned that no Hindu textbooks were allowed to be printed in the 18th century with the exception of the Bible! Apparently, this policy was adapted to allow only English missionaries to do their preaching and spread of Christianity to the Indian masses. The language policy of teaching English was also part and parcel of this scheme of converting "us heretics" into the true righteous path!

Could anyone enlighten us on this policy? What do the present history books have to say about that? Early history of mission schools in India and other parts of Asia certainly points to this fact.
    Demand a broader view - BBC

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ?...
    << >>Thus we have History to say... that the Souterners have invaded and gained parts of Northern Kingdoms.

Similarly is there any History to say any King from North escalated into South
    Malik Kafur did he control TN ? THirumanalai Nayak must be a descendant of Marathas. HyderAli / Tippu were rebels fm the post Moghul era.

Is it true that some Cheran captured up to Himalayas !
    I bet he wouldnt have crossed Chinnamalai .
    The Deccan plateau would have been a nightmare for that king. Logistically impossible to cross the Deccan . These all seem to be concocted stories to glorify South Indian kings.

Post Thanks / Like
    And Kattabomman anyday would have got thrashed by the EICompany. The kind of advanced ( then ) weapons they had , KB was an easy target for them. It must be some creativity as usual from Tamilian writers to glorify that character.

Post Thanks / Like
    The British Govt maintained all gazette during their tenure. Probably we may get something from their records about KB

Post Thanks / Like
    . Brainless TALL-TALKERS.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billgates
    And Kattabomman anyday would have got thrashed by the EICompany. The kind of advanced ( then ) weapons they had , KB was an easy target for them. It must be some creativity as usual from Tamilian writers to glorify that character.
    Yes. Kattabomman was a BRAINLESS TALL- TALKER... who is being over-glorifed by the Tamil-writers...

.. as if he was the Ideal Freedom-fighter.!

Just because he refused to pay the Kappa to Britishers...

..that Pocket-land Ruler cannot be qualified to be the Hero of even his own part of land.

Britishers claimed such Periodical levy from Kattabomman... similar to his Great Neigbbours, Pudukottai Raja, Ramanathapuram Raja, Travancore Raja, Mysore Raja and all such other famous Rajas of the whole India.

... being qualified as the Self-made Emperor of the whole Indian Empire.

Kattabomman was unfit to be any sort of Ruler or even as a Team-leader.!

Yes. if he was a really a Ruler... BASICALLY AT LEAST A LITTLE WISE...

..he would not have CAUSED for such a huge mass of Brave warriors to be massacred easily at the Cruel hands of an Enemy.

Prior to the Battle... he should have properly planned.. by comparatively adjudging the Enemy's combating might... especially with Guns... which Indians did not have.

Kattabomman brought forth to the War-front... a heavy mass of bold Warriors in THOUSANDS...

... with Sticks, Aruvals, Knives, Silambu, Bows & arrows .. ONLY WEAPONS.!

...to face the Enemy's GUNFIRE... from FEW HUNDREDS.

Very easily like bundling up the flock of Sky-birds by just one shot by a Hunter...

..the British soldiers in connivance with the Traitor Ettappan... could easily wipe off...

... the Unworthy, VIRTUALLY- DEFENCELESS.... Kattabomman's whole Army. Battalions... in No time... RIDICULOUS .!

British who came just for Trade... could have an easy gain... by not only the Commodities but also GRAB the whole Lands...

...by winning over India and rule over that Great Nation...

..erstwhile famous for Wisdom, Bravery and EMULATIVE Human-competence..

Foreigners from Turkey, Afganisthan, and at last the British... one after another could easily steal, rob, loot and at last fight and WIN also easily...

..only because of the Suicidal apprtoach of the BRAINLESS RULERS of those days...

...forcing the WELL-COMPETENT Warriors and Innocent people

...to MISERABLY FAIL and die in masses as Scapegoats...

...pitiably SUCCUMBING to Invasion.!!

.INCOMPETENT RULERS.!.. Poor Leadership.!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, cannot but seethe in rage!!!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    . English the Best Option.. for PRESENT & FUTURE India...

...said Rajaji

It was Rajaji whose was the sole voice to Vociferously drum-beat...

... in the Fanatic Ears of the Blind-folded Politicians of those days of Indian Constitution formation.

Hindi Zealots got angry on that Striking Suggestion...

...unexpectedly emanated from the First Indian to occupy the highest Chair of transition...

...named as the First & the last GOVERNOR GENERAL of India.

It was incredibly the Most CURIOUS NEWS.. for all over India...

...as also the HOTTEST NEWS.. to generate enormous Heat amongst the politicians of Hindi-belt in North India

Long long passages of Articles and Debates in All India Newspapers and Magazines were never seen before for any other issue till then...

...as much as for this Language Issue... from a highly respected National Leader...

...Not only on Politics but also on his unique Social Outlook on every National issue...

...challenging the uprise of Infant Nation India.

Press-reporters asked Rajaji...

"Why you are in favour of English... a Foreign Language to such a HIGHEST STATUS to supersede all the Indian Languages.?"

Rajaji replied "Yes English is a Foreign stuff... originated from an alien land...

..as much as our Modern dresses like Coats, Tie, Pants, Shirts."

Q: "So for how long You mean as an Interim means.?"

R: I did not say..INTERIM ARRANGEMENT... I mean for ever... as a Permanent means of National Communication...

...as well as Official Language... amongst the multilingual Regions of One Nation India.

Q: Then you mean all our Indian Languages including the Vedic Language Sanskrit and Classical Languages like Tamil... are INFERIOR to English...

...a THRUST means of Communication for the Invaders convenience.?"

R: Superiority or Inferiority of any Language over another Language is irrelevant here.

As also the past History of English entry into India is out of question now.... under our present context

We are now concerned only on the PRESENT and FUTURE INDIA...

...learning Lessons from the Global past... and fore-planning by Future perception.

Modern dresses like Coats, Tie, Pants, Shirts.. have been accepted and highly honoured by overall Mankind...

... as the Global culture of Advanced stature.

...as well as the Modern Culture of Hair cut all over the Globe... in all Nations...

...even amongst the Educated and Uneducated. Why.?

Because all the Mankind feel them as the best amongst all other Options available to them...

...irrespective of either Indegenuous or Imported...

...including their National alternatives.. hence-before adopted.

Similarly English has to be accepted... for independant India's present needs...

...as well as its Future demands of our Posterity in the GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE.

On such an OPEN-MINDED anaysis with NON-FANATIC Approach by Reality...

..we can easily adjudge English is only the Best Option as our Communication Medium and for Advanced Studies...

...so as to keep upto our demands for FASTEST RECOVERY from the Present Sickness in most of the aspects...

..rising up towards Advanced Status keeping our heads high as the well-competent Independant India...

Because our people can be better-positioned... by means of Advanced Knowledge... than that of the previous regime of Slavery Oppression.

Thus the Backward Indians mostly comprising of Poor mass of Heavy population can be easily retrieved from their present innocently victmised situation by miseries soon. ...

..Said Rajaji and continued...

"Highly educated mass by English Knowledge alone can ensure

...Indians' Compatibility with the FUTURE SCIENTIFIC WORLD of...

...Globalised Trade, Commerce and Industries !!!"

- Peep into Foreign Nations.

. CHINDIA the Greatest Challenge to the World.!!!
    http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...d2d2c3#1336882

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On Kattabomman, you may find this thread of interest:

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=640062
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast