Page 20 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamal-Ilayaraaja-Singeetham Rao-MUMBAI EXPRESS

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    multinamatheyan, I am not saying HFM music is grand, but IR being a non-entity in HFM, his music better be grand if it has any chances of attracting customers and selling in Mumbai. You have slightly twisted my point IR's style is outdated as far as both HFM/TFM is concerned. Only with orchestral majesty/freshness can he garner some attention and thats why all the extra expenses and all the New york recording etc. In fact this is not even a serious film like Hey Ram(to go to Hungary or NY),this is just a commercial fun movie. For IR to go all the way to NY to record a couple of songs, my guess is that all the hype and hoopla is because its a bi-lingual. Hope am clear now. IR needs one or two numbers like say Raakamma to generate some interest in HFM. If he makes something like Karagaatakaari or Konji pesalam even Chennaites wont buy it leave alone Mumbaiites

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From when did IR started charging less....

Imagine...Salary for IR doesn't mean direct money into IR's pocket...he has to feed all his crew members, his recordist, give sal to his Studio workers...etc, etc..Now if IR wantedly charges less as compared to other MDs who salary is more or less decided by demands, won't these people who are working for IR try to seek job with other MD?...becasue there these artists and workers will get more from the share.....
    So People like IR ARR, VS getting sal in millions doesn't mean, all the money go in their pocket...they have to pay out for all who are associated with them....

I just wanted to bring out the point by my question that Sal. for an MD is decided by his demand...producers should be conviced that if I pay this guy Rs. X, he will return me back Rs X multtiplied Y times..

Variable Y will probably is the deciding factor for X....Andhu dhaan business.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vijayr,

Quote Originally Posted by vijayr
    If he makes something like Karagaatakaari or Konji pesalam
    Konji pesalaam had atleast two good number, 'ithuvarai naan oru pazaiya manithan' is one of the best songs IR has composed in last couple of years, ofcourse, IMO

NagaS
    NagaS

My Blog (Tamil): http://nchokkan.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nagas, I liked "Idhuvarai" to a certain extent too, but like I said earlier commercially such songs might not be viable even in Chennai. Unnai thedi is another song I like and listen to, despite the rather average synth-heavy orchestration(which is a surprise).

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a crap...Ilayaraja reportedly recieved 7.5 million from GV for his dalapathi songs.he has composed movies absolutely free many a times,ask G.N.Rangarajan or Santhana Bharati,man hes been around for last 3 decades..Find out how much he recieved for movies like Kannan Varuvaala and Ilaya Ragam..peanuts if i go for a cliche.He composed songs for telugu movie Sambu for free,heaven knows why,the movie including songs were already shot.Ilaiyaraja is saint...money means nothing to him..otherwise hed be wearing Armani and Gerrard-Perregaux since the day he composed machaana paathingala..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK ..joining the band ..Raaja sir charged 1/3 of his salary for the movie Kamarajar ...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.telugucinema.com/c/movies/mn_feb15051.shtml

Kamal's next after 'Mumbai Express'with Gautham 'Kakka Kakka,Minnale' Menon is reportedly an actioner budgeted at 16 crores.uuh!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The movie is titled "Sippai" and it is produced
    by Roja combines. Music : Harris Jayaraj

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Think Ranjit Barod - VIP Fame is scoring the music..

Not very sure..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Sippai' doesn't sound interesting.I hope they find a more catchy title.Harris in an interview to Ananda Vikatan a few months back had mentioned that he will be doing the music for Gautham's film with Kamal for Roja combines.I don't think Ranjit will come into the picture suddenly.

BTW Satish,where did you get the info about the title?

Page 20 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast