Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: || Slumdog Millionaire | Danny Boyle | Dev Patel ||

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oscars | Reactions from Celebrities
    MUMBAI: It was 'Jai Ho' for music director AR Rahman at the Mumbai premiere of Slumdog Millionaire.

Actor Hrithik Roshan, who was at the premiere with his wife Suzanne, says, "I am very happy for Rahman and wish him all the very best for the Oscars. He has truly done us all proud."

Preity Zinta says, "I congratulate Rahman for his Oscar nominations. I'm sure he will shine bright at the Awards."

Speaking to Businessofcinema. com from Bangalore on Rahman's nominations, actor R Madhavan says, "I am going to be seeing the film tomorrow. I think it is about time A R is accepted and admired globally."

When queried by Businessofcinema. com on what his expectations were from the Oscars and BAFTA awards, Boyle says, "Oh I am not going to think about it. I have no expectations and I shall take it as it comes. For the time being I am just going to think about the movie and the beautiful journey so far. I will begin thinking about the next project by the end of February. Until then I am going to take a break."

Also present at the premiere were Dilip Kumar, Saira Banu,...
    Subhash Ghai, Boney Kapoor, Sridevi, Sonam Kapoor, Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi, Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone

While he was unable to attend the premiere as he was in Chennai giving the final touches to the musical score of Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra's Delhi 6, the cast and crew of the movie and almost the entire film industry thoroughly missed him at the premiere.

Speaking to Businessofcinema. com director Danny Boyle says, "I am very excited with the ten nominations that the movie has got at the Oscars. Apart from that, I am most happy for Rahman who has got three nominations for the movie. It is unbelievably exciting."

Veteran filmmaker, Yash Chopra added, "I thoroughly enjoyed watching the movie and I congratulate Rahman for his Oscar nominations. It is truly a great achievement for India."

Actor Anil Kapoor says, "We are really happy today and we wish Rahman was also with us right now to share this moment together. He has made us all very proud."

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=11665

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone

ALL THE BEST FOR ARR. He achieved THE HIGHEST in his career and he rightly pointed out ENJOYING CURRENT MOMENT AND FORGET ABOUT FUTURE.

Regards
    ramesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I went to Yishun to watch Vilu. Inside the cinema, there was a standee for SDM. Releasing in sg 5 feb. Anoop, eppo paarka poreenga?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber directhit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mostly that weekend Jaaze - cool video(s)
    Till the full stop doesn't come, the sentence is not complete - MSD

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Regular Hubber MrIndia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    himesh music konjam but lyrics i wanted to call him ulaganayagan but indha hubla thee pori parakum

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF is this!!!! Oscars shows absolute disrespect to the most talented and popular musician ever to come out from India...

Simply read this!!!!

"ACADEMY AWARDS HISTORY
    This is the first Academy Award nomination for Gulzar.

Including his two other nominations this year for Original Score and Original Song for SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, this is the third Academy Award nomination for A.R. Rahman."

And this is on their official website http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=de...Song%20Nominee

GRRRR!!!
    jolly-o-jimkanna

Post Thanks / Like
    Mohanlal on ARR

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by united07
    WTF is this!!!! Oscars shows absolute disrespect to the most talented and popular musician ever to come out from India...

Simply read this!!!!

"ACADEMY AWARDS HISTORY

Including his two other nominations this year for Original Score and Original Song for SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, this is the third Academy Award nomination for A.R. Rahman."

And this is on their official website http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=de...Song%20Nominee

GRRRR!!!
    whats wrong with that? they are simply saying that for the song jai ho, gulzar has been nominated for lyricist. usually a song is nominated not just for its music, but also for the lyrics in which case gulzar is also part of the song and therefore it is also his first nomination.
    Music is Peace

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thineshan54321
    Quote Originally Posted by united07

Simply read this!!!!

"ACADEMY AWARDS HISTORY

GRRRR!!!
    whats wrong with that? they are simply saying that for the song jai ho, gulzar has been nominated for lyricist. usually a song is nominated not just for its music, but also for the lyrics in which case gulzar is also part of the song and therefore it is also his first nomination.
    mmm...may be my first post was a bit over the top. Rombe kovamma agidichi..athaan.

Anyway, I really think they didn't meant to write 'Gulzar'. As the following statement clearly refers to ARR isn't it?
    jolly-o-jimkanna

Page 81 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast