Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Guyana Indians

Post Thanks / Like
    Skanthavelu,

Happy belated Diwali. I thought of you and wanted to call and was expecting to hear from you much earlier. You know I was in a foul mood given what occurred about a little over a week ago. I only truly came out of that state today even though I have been hubbing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Urmila,
    Thank you for sharing all those nice pictures on Diwali. Nice pictures! I enjoyed looking at them. Makes me miss home.
    Take care.
    NM

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by *Urmila*
    U mean braandan posted after skan's above post??
    Exactly. I saw it all day yesterday and clicked on it several times. It was posted Nov. 13th at around 3:12 am (hub time - whatever that is). When I click on it I am getting Skanthavelu's post from two days ago as the last post. Once I posted (to which you responded), Braandan's post is no longer showing as last post from yesterday. Weird!

Something is not right. I remember months I made a post in the hubbers' concern thread. All of a sudden I could not find the thread. This thread is on one of the Guyana website and even from that link I could not get access. I thought the thread was removed. Recently, it was again accessible and when I looked at my last post, it seems edited. I never used the word "said" for sad. I am not an American. Even if I made a typo, I would have seen it if I was able to access the thread right after posting as I usually do to look at my post, but I couldn’t.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...r=asc&start=30
    I found out that websites could be defaced by people who do not want certain information to be publicly accessed. In my case there is a bit of that and other things.

Now I am even more curious to know what Braandan wrote.

I just posted a few days ago that "from your photographs in the website you posted, you look like you have a lost a lot of weight since I saw your photos of 2002/2003".. Strangely I could not find this post myself!!! I posted that and then was too busy to hub, and I coming to hub now!!! Don't know how it disappeared..
    Here there is no 'I'

Post Thanks / Like
    Braandan wrote:

I just posted a few days ago that "from your photographs in the website you posted, you look like you have a lost a lot of weight since I saw your photos of 2002/2003".. Strangely I could not find this post myself!!! I posted that and then was too busy to hub, and I coming to hub now!!! Don't know how it disappeared..
    Thank you so much for confirming. At least people can see what is going on. It is for similar reasons I recently came back on hub to inform:
    http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...r=asc&start=60

“…I am compelled to announce ....."

Then you may have seen on page "16" of this thread, I am complaining of the original of certain pictures stolen from my residence quite recently (amongst other things):
    http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewt...=asc&start=225

I involved the police since November 4 th, 2007. I will have to draw their attention to the disappearance of your post (see how I described it above in this page of the thread, to Lamby) since I believe they are all related acts.

The strange thing is, there is no break-in-sign to my residence, but many personal things relating to my case, you know where, have been removed. They have definitely used a key. How they got it, God knows. The police is puzzled like we are here about the dissapearance of your post relating to some of the same orignal photos you made reference to which were recently stolen.

When I found out two of the original pictures were missing, I then took out the rest from my album, scanned some and posted them on the web-site and straight away locked them all away in a vault.

Don't know what will be their next move, but know for sure this is not the end - the most recent updated part of my book.

I am up this early because I am busy writing my book.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Braandan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so u have'nt scanned and locked away your old photos?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braandan,

Urmila will not be available on the Hub for some time. For further information, you can PM me.
    Skanthavelu Nadarajah

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    reminds me of the bk, 'a house for mr Biswas'. The protoganist referred to the other family's house as the Monkey House. I guess I understand the historical ramification now.
    Demand a broader view - BBC

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules...hp?itemid=3520

Quotes have been made from this very article posted on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:57 am on this very thread if not elsewhere on this hub. We can also recall in the old hub one female name Shreeya from Guyana claiming that all the culture she has left is the tying of her saree. Some of us may be aware of who she truly is and aware of the relationship of this propaganda to others from the same source.

Now that Sri Prakash Gossai died and tributes are made wherever members of the community reside and considering it’s a closely knit community, there is no doubt that the above and the full story behind it, are echoing in the community.

In years to come this story will be repeated again and again in memory of Sri Prakash Gossai where his work tells the truth, serves as a defense and is legendary.

For those with a good understanding of it, I think, will begin to understand the historical significance of this all.

It was already pointed out on thus hub or old hub, that there is the Ontario or Canadian equivalent of Sri Prakash Gossai and the number of temples in New York built by Guyanese.

Post Thanks / Like
    "One of the major consequences of British colonization and imperial oppression of Indians in the Caribbean is the deprivation and erosion of their cultural and social heritage. Although Indians have contributed significantly to Guyana’s economic and social development, they continue to struggle for their heritage survival and national representation. Most importantly, Indian women have been relegated to subordinate positions as their presence continues to be limited in the social and political fabric of Guyana. Both men and women suffered tremendously at the hands of the colonizers, but Indian women suffered doubly in the patriarchal society....from the women who courageously traveled across the treacherous ocean (the kala pani) to Guyana as laborers on sugar plantations to those striving for higher education and participation in national life. They formed roots in another land, raised their children under harsh colonial conditions and post independence turmoil, and made sacrifices to give their children a better education. Their daughters continue to face many challenges where their womanhood is still under scrutiny". And .............

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast