Page 14 of 250 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saagar,

A nice and balanced post. No one needs to doubt the talents or the legacy of either ONV or Raja. Seeing the video of Raja's speech and your post regarding ONV's interview, I will agree with you that had the lyricist and music director met, things would have been resolved and it is indeed surprising that for such a high profile movie, they didn't meet. Both of them being high caliber artists, had their own views of what the situation needed. We as listeners must be happy that such artists exist in our midst, who actually care for the film and not just for their own success. More power to them, even if it means a few more misunderstandings

What you say about the language card is very true as well and people in Mallu land have regularly been above this when it comes to literature and music. I remember a few years back Jeyamohan wrote an article in Malayalam which criticized almost all the current Malayalam poets and the then prevalent poetic style. I have read the Tamil translation of this article. There were huge debates in Kerala regarding this article for long years, according to Jeyamohan. Yet Jeyamohan is highly regarded even now in Kerala and holds conferences related to poetry wherein both the Tamil and Malayalam poets present their poetry and he has lot of friends in the Malayalam poetic circles. So I am not worried about Raja's case at all. I am very confident that the more musically and lyrically inclined people will see through the sensationalism of the media.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    You guys make Ilaiyaraaja sound like some upcoming music composer against the giant of malayalam cinema which is ONV Kurup. Have you guys sort of forgotten how BIG thalaivar is in the music industry?

1) The first Asian to score a SYMPHONY
    2) One of the very few indian composers who has worldwide recognition(University of Iowa uses his HTNI as a case study for their music course)
    3) Commands respect everywhere he goes whether its India or Hungary

You guys decide who is at a loss, the malluwood industry or thalaivar.
    As of now, Raja is running out of customers, and that's the reality ! When some good people come to you with good offers, utilize it and be good to them....This is basic business sense!

All your bulleted items are true but aren't of any use in an industry where your commercial value as it stands TODAY is all that matters.

You can say HTNI being used in IOWA and all those great things, but the reality is, he's slowly, and steadily going out of favor from worthy directors.

At the moment, it's Raja's loss, because guys like HH/Sathyan anthikkad/Fazil are the ones who have extracted the best out of him in recent time (I hope Fazil/Sathyan don't ditch him because of his comments)
    shankar posts...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a small nitpick:
    The whole controversy behind it (the objections from certain sections and Raaja's subsequent silence) was that it did not conform to the grammar of symphony
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Just a small nitpick:
    The whole controversy behind it (the objections from certain sections and Raaja's subsequent silence) was that it did not conform to the grammar of symphony
    I think your talking about TIS. The symphony I am talking about nobody has heard it except a select few with the exceptions of RPO, Sir John Scott and the man who did the symphony himself . And knowing thalaivar well, he never talks back amazingly unless provoked to that extent.

And Mr Genuine Fan, to you it is raja's loss, but to him it is not a loss as he is not even interested in the first place. Business has never bothered him one bit and he only eats and breathes music.

Havent you see the way he speaks that he does not even bother about films that much. In the same youtube link there is a snapshot where he says he will usually finish films in 30 minutes. That is how "interested" he is. I think the loss is more from fans like you as you guys believe he exists within a certain spectrum and his tunes only reflect at that point. I dunt think you guys ever understood his style of music in the first place. Just fans by chance thats all.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    was watching Suriyakanti special show in a kannada channel, today morning. They played songs. After hearing a soothing very soft melody I wondered was it composed by a teenage / upcoming composer?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your talking about TIS.
    I was NOT talking about TIS, i was talking about the work which he did with RPO

And Mr Genuine Fan, to you it is raja's loss, but to him it is not a loss as he is not even interested in the first place. Business has never bothered him one bit and he only eats and breathes music.

Haven't you see the way he speaks that he does not even bother about films that much. In the same youtube link there is a snapshot where he says he will usually finish films in 30 minutes. That is how "interested" he is. I think the loss is more from fans like you as you guys believe he exists within a certain spectrum and his tunes only reflect at that point. I dunt think you guys ever understood his style of music in the first place. Just fans by chance thats all.
    Mr. Music-Messiah-Anointed-By-Ilaiyaraaja-himself,
    Like De Niro says "You talkin to me?"
    Edhukku idhellam en kitta solreenga? What did i mention about any loss or whatever? What are you blabbering about? What is the topic of discussion? Are you talking about the RPO work or what? And this is in reply to what exactly?
    FYI, i didn't even see the youtube speech which is the subject of the whole controversy and i clearly said i don't want to talk about it here. I expressed neither negative nor positive reaction on the whole thing. No comments.

Do you have any more lectures for lesser mortals like us for today or are you done?
    [P.S: Next time you launch another of those lectures of yours please speak a bit louder. You are not very audible from deep within the well where you are. Thanks]

Post Thanks / Like
    And Mr-well-frog-Hulk-who-doesnt-act-his-age,
    It would be a good idea to start knowing the subject you are lecturing on, be it music, acting/films or football. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    I think your talking about TIS.
    I was NOT talking about TIS, i was talking about the work which he did with RPO

Haven't you see the way he speaks that he does not even bother about films that much. In the same youtube link there is a snapshot where he says he will usually finish films in 30 minutes. That is how "interested" he is. I think the loss is more from fans like you as you guys believe he exists within a certain spectrum and his tunes only reflect at that point. I dunt think you guys ever understood his style of music in the first place. Just fans by chance thats all.
    Mr. Music-Messiah-Anointed-By-Ilaiyaraaja-himself,
    Like De Niro says "You talkin to me?"
    Edhukku idhellam en kitta solreenga? What did i mention about any loss or whatever? What are you blabbering about? What is the topic of discussion? Are you talking about the RPO work or what? And this is in reply to what exactly?
    FYI, i didn't even see the youtube speech which is the subject of the whole controversy and i clearly said i don't want to talk about it here. I expressed neither negative nor positive reaction on the whole thing. No comments.

Do you have any more lectures for lesser mortals like us for today or are you done?
    [P.S: Next time you launch another of those lectures of yours please speak a bit louder. You are not very audible from deep within the well where you are. Thanks]
    The latter part was for Mr Shankar not for you(starting from genuine fan as he calls himself genuine fan) and his quotes regarding thalaivar being at a loss due to all these "chances" lost.

The earlier part(which was to you), to clarify again it is a symphony. An article not posted not long ago, spoke of a fan's conversation with Sir John Scott where he said the reason due to thalaivar not releasing the symphony was due to him being hurt by a critic's comment(who that critic was GOD only knows). He tried to speak thalaivar into releasing it but it seems he would not budge. It is a symphony but because he has not released it, people are making up stories about it as they usually do without even knowing what it is like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once again thalaivar's kannada albums takes AGES to reach the shelves. Cant they just use helicopter or aeroplane to transport all the CDs if the Bangalore traffic is that bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suryakaanti Soundtrack Listing

1. Swalpa Soundu - Anitha,Roshni,ilaiyaraaja
    2. Chan Channare - Shreya Goshal
    3. Edeya Baagilu - Kunal Ganjawala, Shreya Goshal
    4. Mouni Naanu - Karthik
    5. Jaikara Haakoona - Tippu, Roshni
    6. Mouni Naanu(Pathos) - Karthik