Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nanchil_guy
    Quote Originally Posted by nanchil_guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkster
    A discussion on Pankaj Kapur's Mausam

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_po...=1279047&TPN=2
    Its really amazing and sad at the same time that how can Northies don't now anything about IR even after hits like Sadma, Appu Raja, Hey Ram and Cheeni gum!!

Now irir123's words should make sense to all of us!!
    Apparently all of 'em who posted there seem to be either teens or in their early 20's, so we can accept their negligence. Nonetheless it will be really sad if this is the case with most of the NI.
    Yes, I am fine with this bunch which atleast looks at IR as a genius whom they dont know much about. It is the Nadeem Shravan and Kumar Sanu fans that I dread

Looka t one of the posts there:
    Originally posted by RiyaK09

Originally posted by -Mannu-

Is it true!? I've heard that he is the one and only Indian Music Director, who performed a symphony in London's Royal Bill Harmonic Hall.

Woah woah, foreal?

Ok wow, I bow down to Pankaj's intelligence, and of course Ilu's too.

I love how you gave him a nickname, and you've only just heard about him
    I say, these guys must be encouraged rather than dissed, bil harmonic() not withstanding.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Posted: 28 October 2009 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
    Eeekkk. I love ''surmayee akhiyon mein''. My mom used to sing it as a lori for me.
    One more. Case Closed. nAnE en poNnukku idhai thAlAttA use pannala - some random NI lady has.
    (ofcourse, en ponnukku thAlattu is synonymous with Laali Laali, adhu vEra vishayam )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankar
    >>>>>
    ilayaraja is a legend he's considered equivalent to AR rehman so it's good thing he's doign music for it
    <<<<<
    One comment from the above link...enna kodumai saravaNan idhu??
    Shankar, see this
    Originally posted by RiyaK09

Nanshr, they're being stupid, lol.

Bluemoon's name is Geetanjli, thats why Mannu was laughing.

The song you just posted, did Rehman get a bit inspired by it? Looks/sounds a bit like Barso Re.

Could be. He was like Rehman's mentor, so maybe Rehman was inspired.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam
    om shanthi om download link..found it in the net

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzrqqjmzazm

Sorry to all: I buy only original cds but this one is too much..i cannot find it anywhere
    why this is a recurrent issue with you, when you have an easy solution at hand - for example, why not contact star trak of coimbatore and ask new CDs to be couriered to you? i get all new CDs 4-5 days maximum after its released. Instead of always lamenting about not getting new CDs, pls do something practical and simple.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Music director Ilayaraja came out with an interesting information at a function to mark the 75th ‘avatara mahothsavam’ of Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam, here on Thursday.

Mr. Ilayaraja was one of the five eminent personalities honoured with an award in recognition of their services in different fields, as part of the celebration held at Shrimati Indira Gandhi College for Women in the city.

Mr. Ilayaraja said that it was the Paramacharya of Kanchi Kamakotti Peetam, who directed him to work on a symphony on ‘Tiruvasagam,’ a musical rendering of the Tamil epic.

“I have never divulged this information on any platform so far,” Mr. Ilayaraja said.

Even after concluding his acceptance address, Mr. Ilayaraja could not deny the enthusiastic plea from the audience, particularly a large number of college girls, who pleaded with him to sing a song.

Much to their delight, he rendered his popular number ‘Janani Janani’ from the movie ‘Thai Mookambigai.’

Mr. Ilayaraja divulged yet another information, which, again, he claimed had not disclosed so far. “I was running out of time while composing the tune for the song. I was under hectic pressure from the film producer, who had planned to perform the ‘puja’ for the film the next day with the song,” Mr. Ilayaraja said. Though he had composed a tune, it did not suit much the character in the film - Sri Adi Sankarar.

He said with a chance to have a glimpse of the portrait of Adi Sankarar, he was inspired to compose the tune. Fortunately, the tune was also synonymous with the famous “Bhaja Govindam.”

Mr. Ilayaraja said he was quite astonished when he got a piece of paper from ‘an unknown destination.’ The piece of paper carried the words ‘Bhaja Govindam.’

Mr. Ilayaraja in all humility said that he was still a stranger to the music world but repeatedly stressed he was being blessed by the divine power in the form of ‘Guru.’Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal conferred the title ‘Isai Gnana Mani.’

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vel
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam
    om shanthi om download link..found it in the net

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzrqqjmzazm

Sorry to all: I buy only original cds but this one is too much..i cannot find it anywhere
    why this is a recurrent issue with you, when you have an easy solution at hand - for example, why not contact star trak of coimbatore and ask new CDs to be couriered to you? i get all new CDs 4-5 days maximum after its released. Instead of always lamenting about not getting new CDs, pls do something practical and simple.
    Recurrent because the issue is not solved at all. Its pathetic that i shd go to stone age of contacting a shop in coimbatore to get all stuff...jokers audio company people are when it comes to raja's music cd availability..

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone got a copy of the new devotional album "Ramana Saranam Saranam" ? Heard that its available at Ramanashram, Thiruvannamalai.

Songs of "Ramana Maalai", "Guru Ramana Geetham" are never off my iPod playlists and are close to my heart. Very eager to listen to this album.
    Grey Matter Matters
    http://vigneshram.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    kameshratnam - I think you dont want the issue to be solved. You only prefer mp3 (nogaama nongu thinganumgareenga). If you were genuine in your attempt, you will use every legal way--however stone age method it may be--before jumping to stealing a person's hard effort by giving some nondi saaku / lame excuses. If audio companies who dont distribute properly are jokers, you guys are robbers, aren't you. In that case, atleast you should stop lamenting that you dont get CDs...??

Post Thanks / Like
    vigneshram, you will get it only in ramanashram, thiruvannamalai. I was lucky enough to get a copy from dr.sridhar of IR Yahoo groups, who had originally broken the news on the album being sold in ramanashram.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vel
    kameshratnam - I think you dont want the issue to be solved. You only prefer mp3 (nogaama nongu thinganumgareenga). If you were genuine in your attempt, you will use every legal way--however stone age method it may be--before jumping to stealing a person's hard effort by giving some nondi saaku / lame excuses. If audio companies who dont distribute properly are jokers, you guys are robbers, aren't you. In that case, atleast you should stop lamenting that you dont get CDs...??
    vel - in this aspect, i think we shd be fair and just in looking at the issue - at least in India paravaayillai situation

step outside - you have no idea how difficult its to get IR's new/old albums - every tom, d*ck, harry, kuppan, suppan albums are available in Barnes n Noble, Amazon or iTUNES or any other major/ minor music out let

even PAA was put in iTUNES, ONLY, i repeat, ONLY after i sent several emails to T-Series guys asking them for the CD availability online!!

the situation is that pathetic - i dont think any other composer's output is handled in such an unprofessional manner - its simply not correct to blame music-lovers for not getting the CDs easily available for purchase

for every album, cassette/audio company kitta thongarathhukku, engalukku enna thalai ezhuthhaa ??

if you look at it that way, you shd stop Raaga.com, Music indiaonline etc for freely streaming every other album new and old

mudhalla avangala niruthhaa sollunga, appuram, ordinary paamarans will stop
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost