Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankers Anniyan Songs

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    andan kakka
    -much hyped song of jessie gift but he has only small part in this song.
    -yet another below average song...maybe shankar should invite deva as guest composer to compose this song.

so far the songs doesn't seem like shankar movie songs.....
    maybe the remaining songs will do justice...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for the double post.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SHANKAR ORU PERIA 'AUTAKARAN'HARRIS 'ANDA PULUGAN'
    POI RENDUPERUM MATTI MATTI AISCREAM POTUKKASOLUNGA!!!!!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber coolcrave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

aiyangar veethu azhagae

The song seem to be highly inspired from...vidyasagar's symphony version of Endaro Mahanubahulu...This number also starts with one of the pancha ratna krithis "Jagaddhodarana in raaga naata...the starting was great i had great expectations for this song ( just wait till u see the screen, shankers should be credited for such adoration for tyagaaiya)...but in vain....a complete turn over comes in where hariharan and harini(?)...takes off on the track...The raaga is maintained through out the song. The lyrics had iyengar accent and words such as "camatthu" & ...the jathiswarams were good. The song seems to have traces of narumugaye from iruvar i am reffering to the veena sequence..The drawbacks are high usage of electronics...loops..the usage of accoustic should have lifted the song (ARR or Vidyasagar should done better)....other songs in this album are not worth mentioning. ..
    As fire Burns, water ripples,air stirs,earth trembles, and space immobilized....
    M.U.S.I.C......Has been the only refuge for the Human soul to be Pampered.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Anniyan - mediocrity hyper-hyped...

Building Blocks - Typical Harris's style, orchestration/arrangement mirrors ARRs works, as always.

Lyrics - a 'Thooral' of vairamuthu's imaginative stamp here and there. Otherwise, it's the same algorithmic lyrics interspersed with vocabs frm his word bank like 'ootri vitai', 'kudithuvidu', 'vaervai' blah blah.

A quick comment on some of the tracks frm first hearing - not sure if i wud give it a shot again...

Kanum Kannum - Nothing new. Songs like these set trends way back in 94.

Iyengaru.... A rehash of Gambeeranatai raag. So the similarity with Narumugaiye, MahaGanapathim, and for directional convenience, starts off with Jagada.

Andankaka .... good singing - but again cheap lyrics with occassional imaginative writing. It's conspicuous that the standards of writing have degraded these days when we hear phrases like like 'Muthathathala vervai illam sutham seyyendi"...GROSS!

Kathaal Yaanai....average number, as some of u had mentioned already. ARR was a trendsetter for these kinda songs a decade ago! Again this doesnt mean bashing non ARRs.

Stranger in Black...again nothing new - cud be situational music.

Kumari..starts of like Laysa Laysa...similarity with Enuyir thozhiyai may be due to use of Sudha Saveri scales.

Message: Taste is subjective - so enjoy listening, if u like it.
    My call: Not worth my Hard disk space.

Cheers.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i like two songs of anniyan after listenning few times. but on the whole, i have impression i have already listened its somewhere. I was very disapointed because i except songs from HJ like VASEEGARA, LEYSA KEYSA, onra renda
    in every case, it is worth album of shankar
    i like HJ too but SHANKAR + ARR BETTER THAN SHANKAR+HJ

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope we will like more the songs after seeing the film

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is My Review

Here is my review on the album

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Anni...m-73528-1.html

Smile
    Suresh

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Iyengaaru veetu azhage is not based on 'Gambheera naattai' alone...Its a mix of different raagas... I had great expectations after the initial pancharatna kriti... 'kumari' is a very good attempt but Harris differs from other MD's by bringing his loop/style in every song... the bit 'naan thotru poven endru enniye' reminds us of his old songs... The mohanaveena bit in Iyengaaru veetu azhage defintely reminds us of 'narumugaiye' but its still a change from the usual HJ's 'omaha seeya' stuff....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: aiyangar veethu azhagae

Quote Originally Posted by coolcrave
    The song seem to be highly inspired from...vidyasagar's symphony version of Endaro Mahanubahulu... ..
    Yes, but few 1000 miles away from VS work. When I listened to VS Endaro Mahanubahulu I was stunned. I rate VS work very close to manisharma's work in Morning Raga. Compared to these, Anniyan song is a garbage.

Some one said it correctly. its not work my hard disk space or even to be discussed.

Suresh,

I generally like (love) all your reviews, but not this one (the part where you said it will catch up once we watch the movie) . In shankar's movies there is no situational songs and thats why he has to stick with ARR. There is no way this is going click.

HJ better luck next time

Shankar - go back to ARR or try YSR.

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast