Post Thanks / Like
    Dido? WOW! this sure sounds good!
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Which one was better, guys? Doing this album or working on those hollywood films?
    Probably doing this album and then maybe going back to doing a major film. There's only so much you can do with a background score. But songs....the possibilities are endless with all these different artist he could work with!

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chemmozhi Thamizh Mozhi – The Kollywood Connection
    IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, June 09, 2010]

Although languages such as Greek, Latin and Sanskrit enjoy the status of classical language in the academic world thanks to their antiquity and rich literary heritage, Tamil is the first living language to be given the official status of a classical language. For more than 150 years, Tamil scholars and those conscious of their Tamil heritage have been demanding that the classical character of Tamil be recognised.

Dr. Robert Caldwell (1814-1891) a Colonial Era Evangelist Missionary established beyond an iota of doubt the authenticity of the Dravidian family of languages and the high antiquity of Tamil. According to Caldwell, Tamil is the most highly cultivated of all Dravidian idioms; it can dispense with its Sanskrit altogether, if need be, and not only stand alone but also flourish without its aid.

Such a language is honoured at the Thamizh Chemmozhi Maanadu in June and the Tamil film industry also has done its bit to be a part if the ceremony.

The theme song for the conference was written by Kalaignar Karunanidhi and was set to tune by Oscar and Grammy winner A.R. Rahman. The song was visualized on screen by director Gautham Menon.

The video starts with TM Soundarrajan singing “pirapokkum ella uyirkkum” which means all living humans are equal by birth and then A R Rahman takes over singing “yaathum oore yaavarum kelir” which means “all the world is my place and all the people are my family.”

The conference logo signifies the ideal of the mankind. The image of Thiruvalluvar's statue in Kanyakumari, being lashed by waves caused by the Tsunami saying Kural withstands any calamity the statue is encircled by seven icons from the Indus Valley Civilisation. The Indus Valley Civilisation icons, found in the logo, symbolise the Dravidian civilisation, which is regarded as the most ancient civilisation of the world. The number of icons stresses the importance of ‘seven' in the lives of Tamils.

The audio of the theme song was released on May 15. The song as said before illustrates the glory of different classical works written in various periods ranging from the Sangam era to the post-Sangam period, including those of Kamban and Kalamegam. ARR has kept the instruments to a minimum so that the words are clear. The traditional Tamil nadhaswaram and thavil blend melodiously with the guitar and drums, even as the carnatic notes wind seamlessly with the rap. It took two to two-and-a-half months to make the song for ARR with a large crew of almost 70 singers.

The song features singers who have distinguished themselves in different genres of music such as Carnatic (Aruna Sayeeram, Bombay Jaishree, Nithyashree and Sowmya), folk, Sufi (M.Y.Abdul Ghani, Khajamoideen, S.Sabumoideen), and even rap (Blaaze). It also took the services of singers belonging to different generations such as T.M. Soundararajan, P. Suseela, Aruna Sairam, Shruti Haasan and Srinivas.

A.R.Rahman, Yuvan Shankar Raja, T.M.Soundararajan, P.Suseela, Aruna Sairam, Bombay Jayshree, Karthik, Harini, Chinmayi, Hariharan, Swetha Mohan, G.V.Prakash, Benny Dayal, Srinivas, Vijay Yesudas, T.L.Magarajan, Nithyashree, Sowmya, M.Y.Abdul Gani, M.Kaja Moideen, S.Sabu Moideen, P.L.Krishnan, Naresh Iyer, Gunasekar, Sruthi Haasan, Chinna Ponnu, Susila Raman, Blaaze, Kash n Krizzy, Raihana they all have contributed to the anthem.

The video of the theme song of World Tamil Classical Conference was launched on May 29. The video was a perfect union three generation of singers from TMS-Suseela to Blazze-Shruthi for the video. The video captures the eternity of the language which has lived for thousands of years.

The great work of ARR Rahman and Gautham are the prides of Kollywood.

AR RAHMAN - 'One note of the divine concord'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yathu
    Which one was better, guys? Doing this album or working on those hollywood films?
    Probably doing this album and then maybe going back to doing a major film. There's only so much you can do with a background score. But songs....the possibilities are endless with all these different artist he could work with!
    Doing an album..DOING AN ALBUM!!!...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Official Youtube channel of ARR

www.youtube.com/arrahman
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting... A.R.Rahman would post a 'leaked' video on his 'official youtube channel'?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apart from the singers, i spotted a few cine artists in the semmozhi song. Samantha, VTV Ganesh, Anjali, Kalloori Akhil. Any others you guys spotted?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apart from the singers, i spotted a few cine artists in the semmozhi song. Samantha, VTV Ganesh, Anjali, Kalloori Akhil. Any others you guys spotted?
    also super singers...renu,anitha(now a playback singer)..i dont think they sang the semmozhiyam song rite..?
    Say My Name

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavendran
    also super singers...renu,anitha(now a playback singer)..i dont think they sang the semmozhiyam song rite..?
    what a odd selection of singers, my friend said the 'nakka mukka' lady singer was in it

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. She is a folk singer, I guess.