Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: A R Rahman - Live in Concert - 29 Dec 2012

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the NY concert happened yesterday! Anyone here go?

There are some videos up already!

A little message from ARRs facebook page:

Quote Originally Posted by A R Rahman
    I know you are all excited to share pictures and videos from the concert. We are going to release a DVD of the concert later this year. Please keep the surprise and excitement alive for the remaining cities on the tour. Thank you!
    www.facebook.com/arrahman

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ivaru ippadithaan aasai kaattuvaaru. Innum Sydney concert DVDye release pannalai!
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to the concert in Atlantic City yesterday... Awesome concert... It was great to see the maestro live after a gap of 10 years.. Unlike previous concerts, ARR sang 70-75% of the songs.. Hariharan sang just 2-3 songs.. Surprisingly Vijay Prakash and Benny dayal played a big part in the show..

ARR started with 3 peppy numbers O saaya, Athiradee and Rang de basanti.. The crowd on hand was great and there were lots of tamil/telugu ppl in the crowd.. ARR went into slow songs with 'Yeh jo desh' and finishing it with 'undhan desathin kural'..
    There was a medley in the middle where they were singing qawalis, ghazals etc.. which was good with hari standing out during that portion..The medley slowly changed into religious songs with Ik Onkar bit, O Palanhare bit and then the maestro delivered the song of the night .. 'Khwaja meri Khwaja'.. I still get goosebumps thinking of the experience when he started out 'khwaja jee''...
    The medley continued with a difference with songs from 3 languages (hindi, tamil and telugu).. When vijay prakash sang 'oh cheliya' bit (ennavale) and 'Ee hriyadam' bit in Telugu , you could get that the majority of the crowd in the arena were telugu ppl.. Those two bits had the arena shaking.. It would have really satisfied the goltis if he had performed a full telugu song.. The last 20 minutes of the show was really rocking with Chaiya chaiya, Humma,
    Oorvasi blended into Taxi Taxi and finally Jai ho and Maa Thuje Salaam...

Overall It was a great experience.. Hariharan was missing at the end and sang only 2-3 songs..
    ARR went with many not so famous songs..'Only you' from vandhe matharam.. 2 songs from jaane tu ya na jaana.. 'Holi Re' from Mangal pandey etc.. Lots of stuff from Sllum dog and Bombay Dreams..

Final note, If you are a ARR fan, you should go to these concerts..

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report Thiru How was the sound arrangements? The last two concerts I attended were not so satisfying, because of the ordinary sound systems.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad Thanks Thiru ....
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    14 more days

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    littlemaster,

Sound arrangements were good but not great.. ARR had issues with his mic quite a few times... A few songs were pre-recorded as well...

Btw, ARR performed Lukka Chuppi with Lata Mangeshkar's portion video edited.. Also a triubute to Michael Jackson as well

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    littlemaster,

Sound arrangements were good but not great.. ARR had issues with his mic quite a few times... A few songs were pre-recorded as well...

Btw, ARR performed Lukka Chuppi with Lata Mangeshkar's portion video edited.. Also a triubute to Michael Jackson as well
    Say My Name

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    We are forced to cancel the show in Detroit due to an infrastructure collapse at The Pontiac Silverdome which damaged the set. The incident occured during stage construction. No one was seriously injured. Dates in Detroit and Toronto will be rescheduled due to the incident. I regret any inconvenience this causes my fans and am deeply grateful no one from my team or the local Detroit stage crew was seriously injured.
    Just back from the hospital It's a miracle that my team escaped with minor injuries The lighting rig came apart Thanks to the almighty that everyone's safe.
    www.facebook.com/arrahman

Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast