View Poll Results: What's your favorite song?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boom Boom Robo da

2 3.45%
  • Kilimanjaro

7 12.07%
  • Arima Arima

5 8.62%
  • Chitti Dance Showcase

1 1.72%
  • Irumbile Oru Idhayam

14 24.14%
  • Pudhiya Manitha

11 18.97%
  • Kaadhal Anukkal

18 31.03%
Page 88 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: || Enthiran - The Robot | Shankar | Rajni | Aishwarya ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword
    ya i agree to arima...
    SPB would have added more energy to the song...
    ithu Therinja Vishayam thaanE apart from SPB no one excel 'excel' at high octaves ! TMS was good at this those days
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    Disappointed with the album... Too much techno for me... Kaadhal anukkal, arima and kilimanjaro are the only ones that stick with me and will probably grow on me... The other ones sound like some synthesized voice and beats to me.. I understand that the movie/script demands it, but still expected a better album from ARR..
    I hate to admit it but these are my exact thoughts too.

It's fine that techno sounds have been used, but its not really ARRs interpretation of techno. It's like he's conformed to the norm, especially in Irumbile Oru Ithayam. I would've expected ARR to maybe progress the sound.

Maybe I was expecting a little too much from this album.

I know this is a bit harsh, but there isn't a single track that made me sit up and say wow!

I hope my feelings will change after watching the film.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has worked really hard on interludes in this album i guess.

Arima, Kaadhal anukkal and kilimanjaro have amazing interludes.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna
    He has worked really hard on interludes in this album i guess.

Arima, Kaadhal anukkal and kilimanjaro have amazing interludes.
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -DELETE BY ME-

Post Thanks / Like
    Endhiran - Rhythmachine!
    IndiaGlitz [Monday, August 02, 2010]

AR Rahman’s compositions for Shankar have always been chart toppers. Considering the fact that the movie stars Superstar Rajinikanth and is a big budget science fiction movie, Rahman has tried too much of techno beats!

The lyrics by Vairamuthu, his son Karki Madan and Pa. Vijay use scientific words and even science as body of the songs at times. Music dominates in a few songs that lyrics are not so prominent and no wonder the CD box has the lyrics book for the listener to ‘read’!

Puthiya Manidha Listen here

Singers: SP. Balasubramaniam, AR. Rahman, Khatijia Rahman
    Lyricist: Vairamuthu

Going by the names of the vocalists, it could possibly be the introduction song of the hero. SP Balasubramaniam’s sung most of super star Rajinikanth’s songs and all being super hit! In fact, even for a superstitious sentiment, SPB’s voice is mandatory! ‘Puthiya Manidha’ shows the making of ‘the robot’ in the movie!

‘Puthiya Manidha’ starts with the synthesized voice resembling a robot and slowly AR Rahman chips in with his vocals as though a computer singing! Rahman’s daughter Khatija sings the prelude of the song slowly. And after this prelude the tempo increases gradually with the graceful voice of SPB singing the lyrics. Through out the song, the listener has this feel of being in outer space! The techno beats, the fillers and the electro-chorus all give that ambience.

The song has an attractive music pattern in the background composed by Rahman. He’s given best of compositions for introductions before but somehow thing song doesn’t reach the ‘Rajini standards’ yet all depends on how Shankar presents this on screen. Listen to the song for the ‘robot touch’.

Kadal Anukkal Listen here

Singers: Vijay Prakash, Shreya Ghoshal

Everything positive about the song! From the beginning till the end! AR Rahman uses the strings amazingly as Vijay Prakash starts singing the duet! As soon as the para starts, the beats used create that positive temperature. Shreya’s voice as usual is fabulous.

Vijay Prakash with the chorus sings the lyrics ‘Oh Baby’ soon after every stanza cantabile. The instrumentation is pleasant with effective percussions as well as harmonious fillers and they are not too jarring. Shreya’s balance of pitch is extraordinary, look at her flow from the low to the high pitch, and no wonder a singer to beckon!

Irumbile Oru Idhaiyam Listen here

Singers: AR. Rahman, Kash 'n' Krissy
    Lyricist: Karki, Kash 'n' Krissy (English)

‘Irumbile Oru Idhaiyam’ marks the debut of Karki, Vairamuthu’s son as lyricist. A song that talks about the robot having a heart! Lady Kash and Krissy are talented singers and their services have been used perfectly by AR Rahman. Rahman sings this song himself! The start up of this song might remind you of a popular western number but the majority won’t be aware! The hip-hop beats are classy and the word ’Super Star’ from the ladies sounds amazing!

AR Rahman and Kash n Krissy sing this song with lot of energy as the tempo of the song keeps increasing! The percussions are used effectively. Take notice of Kash n Krissy’s rap, especially their rendition of Tamil!

ARR’s music is truly international. Listen to the glissando in every stanza; he’s tried to infuse the electronic tones to create the ‘robot touch’! Must listen song!

Chitti Dance Showcase Listen here

Singers: Pradeep Vijay, Pravin Mani, Yogi B

An instrumental track possibly, an interlude. Rahman is a sheer genius and when it comes to beats, he is incomparable. This track talks about all that, as his instrumentation in the background is classy. Adding to that is Yogi B’s rap and the fusion of Carnatic rendition!

As the song progresses, as soon as the reprise, the tempo varies! So could be a title track but answer awaits only on the screen! The end note: You are missing a musical genius if you don’t listen to this!

Arima Arima Listen here

Singers: Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam, Benny Dayal, Naresh Iyer

A paean on the hero! The song starts with the rhythms of a royal introduction to the hero! As soon as the chorus diminishes, Hariharan starts the song with a varying modulation. The tempo of the song and its background sound something similar to a previous Rahman’s tune but he’s tried to cover that with obvious modifications.

Sadhana’s humming in the behind when Hariharan sings soothes the listener’s ear. When its her turn, Sadhana has sung it well yet flaws of her Tamil pronunciation can be spotted! The sub verses remind you of old Rahman’s compositions but the fillers change that illusion. A terrific song as it progresses, thanks to Hariharan’s expertise!

Kilimanjaro Listen here

Singers: Javed Ali, Chinmayee
    Lyricist: Pa. Vijay

A tribal song with tribal beats but the song starts with the usual AR Rahman techno start. Singers Javed Ali and Chinmayee have sung it well. Pa. Vijay has played with words and he’s offered a peppy song with Rahman’s composition giving ample support. The chorus is a vital part of the song as it gives the tribal essence. Listen to the claps in the beginning and at the end, they sound like mouse clicks! The final word - a peppy song that the youth will like.

Boom Boom Robo Da Listen here

Singers: Yogi B, Kirthi Sagathia, Swetha Mohan, Tanvi Shah
    Lyricist: Karki

A typical hip-hop song, ARR style! Yogi B’s diction and rap forms the core of the song! As the song starts, the instrumental reminds you of a popular ARR composition but like it is said, the modification was ought to be done to remove that doubt. Yogi B’s voice is energetic and he’s made the song lively! Rapping is his strength and check that out in the song! Total class!

Enter female vocals and the beats in the background are classily executed and so are the fillers. The rhythms throughout the song are foot tapping so it would be a delight to see the picturing as Shankar always pictures his song exceedingly well. Check out the musical bit of the song where strings are played alongside the beats! A classy song altogether!

AR Rahman’s Techno Instrumentation

Rahman has always been a composer giving importance to sound and instruments. He’s tried the same but this time with fusion and variety. Grab the ‘Endhiran’ album as it won’t fail to please your music senses.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...view/9874.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Endhiran and SDM topping the charts in iTunes - ARR rocks!

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/cha...rldalbums.html

Endhiran on #2 & #7 in UK and US respectively ...Slumdog is in #5 , #8 and #1 in France ,Germany and Australia

in Austria > SDM in #1

in Belgium > SDM in #2

in Denmark > SDM in #6

in Finland > SDM in #9

in Italy > SDM in #9

in Luxembourg > SDM in #1

in Netherlands > SDM in #6

in New Zealand > SDM in #1

in Norway > SDM in #2

in Portugal > SDM in #5

in Spain > SDM in #1

in Sweden > SDM in #2

in Switzerland > SDM in #5

-ARRYG

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I have repeated many times Kaadhal AnukkaL is my most favourite, followed by boom boom robo da (this song will be used in all dance competitions/programs in all TV channels from now). Rest of the songs.. hmmm... I need to wait until I watch the movie. Adhuvarai ... Sana Sana orE vinaa and boom boom

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so far irumbile is my choice......
    AR RAHMAN - 'One note of the divine concord'

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The countdown has begun. At the ‘Endhiran’ audio launch one common thread that connected all the speeches was the power of Sun Pictures that made ‘Endhiran’ possible in time. And the man behind Sun pictures, Kalanithi Maran for the first time happened to see and listen how much the pundits of the industry admire him.

After ‘Endhiran’ was acquired by Sun Pictures the movie got a new status and things moved fast. Now as the release date is announced everybody could not hide their admiration for the wonder man Kalanithi Maran.

In his speech at the audio launch Super Star Rajinikanth did not mince words in appreciating Kalanithi Maran. Rajini said "When we met Kalanithi Maran for the film he said we will make it even bigger than Sivaji.” A surprised Rajini went on to say "Kalanithi Maran does anything and everything bigger and better than others. That's why people who matter in India from all industries – cinema or otherwise – hunger to know who this man is. Everybody is waiting to get introduced to him. He is a biggest star of all stars."

Director Shankar said “Maran is a being who said no to nothing till we completed the film. And that was the main reason”.

The grandeur and the hype the film has even before its release could have been made possible only by Kalanithi Maran. He never attends public functions. But his presence in Kula Lumpur is a proof to how much he is serious with ‘Endhiran’. Remember he was also there at the sets on the final day of ‘Endhiran’ shooting.

Kalnithi Maran’s Midas touch is expected to peak with ‘Endhiran’. He shines with what ever he touches. All the speakers at the music launch, particularly SA Chandrasekaran, were very candid and vocal is expressing their admiration at the marketing intelligence of Kalanithi Maran.

It would be prefect and fitting to call Kalanithi Maran the real ‘Endhiran’ who with that extra ordinary intelligence to know what leads to what. ‘Endhiran’ has taken his stakes high and people would next expect only some thing better and bigger than ‘Endhiran’. Every body knows that he is capable of surpassing expectations.

indiaglitz.com
    AR RAHMAN - 'One note of the divine concord'