• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 28 of 347 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Plum - One among the right persons to open this thread with a good title .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vaan Megam. Whenever I hear this, my mood becomes optimistic. Great song.

Somehow I like it much better than the other IR-Revathy-Rain Song, "O ho megam"
    www.GoodTamilFilms.com - Reviews, articles, etc.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    prashanth12, same thinking on the vaan megham song. while oh oh megam is very impressive, vaan megham is slower and deliberate in delivery.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    HOLD ON FOR A MINUTE!!!

When I heard the news in 1999/00 I immediately thought that the reason for KH parting ways with LS was due to the nature of music composed for HR not suiting KH. As we all know KH is not a person to be settled something less than what he expects....similar to IR.
    And then I justified with myself that the reason for KH telling that LS asked for an "astronomical sum" was a cover-up intended to protect LS's name. Imagine KH saying that "LS music was not in sync with the movie's overall appeal. Hence I went to IR". That would have been ridiculous on part of KH since LS was already a figure in world music.

The reason why I could imagine the above said reason for KH's coverup was twofold

1. that the fact that HR was a dream film for Kamal.
    2. How could LS compose for an entire film without signing an agreement. This sounded ridiculous simply bcos LS was a much matured pro than Kamal in his own field. he had alreday travelled world over with his "violin".

What do you feel SURESH about my perspective on this NOOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    raagas,

I guess you do not know the background here. The songs of the film were first composed by L Subramaniam. From what we were given to understand from the press statements, these songs were picturized. Towards the time when the film was getting ready to be released, there were serious differences between Kamalahasan and L Subramaniam regarding the compensation to be paid. Since LS thought that what KH was proposing as a compensation was ridiculous, he walked out of the film. Kamal then surrendered himself to Raja, asking him to provide the BGM and give the songs for the movie. He couldn't use the songs given by LS. So Raja now had to re-create the songs using the lyrics as well as the lip movements and the scenes that were actually shot. Yes, it was an almost impossible thing but according to all reports, this was how it was done. Going by this background, you can see what Raja had actually pulled off. Kamal did not have to re-shoot the songs. (It would have been almost impossible given that the songs had people like Rani Mukherjee and Shah Rukh, who were the busiest people in HF that time!!)
    I-aRmony!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inglis radio was preaching about environment, kadupaagi I switched to my IR mp3 collection.

First song, Isai Medaiyil

What a composition. Those days it was Eeramane Rojave that they kept spinning on radio. This beautiful song overshadowed. SPB
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MelHarmony
    HOLD ON FOR A MINUTE!!!

When I heard the news in 1999/00 I immediately thought that the reason for KH parting ways with LS was due to the nature of music composed for HR not suiting KH. As we all know KH is not a person to be settled something less than what he expects....similar to IR.
    And then I justified with myself that the reason for KH telling that LS asked for an "astronomical sum" was a cover-up intended to protect LS's name. Imagine KH saying that "LS music was not in sync with the movie's overall appeal. Hence I went to IR". That would have been ridiculous on part of KH since LS was already a figure in world music.

The reason why I could imagine the above said reason for KH's coverup was twofold

1. that the fact that HR was a dream film for Kamal.
    2. How could LS compose for an entire film without signing an agreement. This sounded ridiculous simply bcos LS was a much matured pro than Kamal in his own field. he had alreday travelled world over with his "violin".

What do you feel SURESH about my perspective on this NOOL?

Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    raagas,

I guess you do not know the background here. The songs of the film were first composed by L Subramaniam. From what we were given to understand from the press statements, these songs were picturized. Towards the time when the film was getting ready to be released, there were serious differences between Kamalahasan and L Subramaniam regarding the compensation to be paid. Since LS thought that what KH was proposing as a compensation was ridiculous, he walked out of the film. Kamal then surrendered himself to Raja, asking him to provide the BGM and give the songs for the movie. He couldn't use the songs given by LS. So Raja now had to re-create the songs using the lyrics as well as the lip movements and the scenes that were actually shot. Yes, it was an almost impossible thing but according to all reports, this was how it was done. Going by this background, you can see what Raja had actually pulled off. Kamal did not have to re-shoot the songs. (It would have been almost impossible given that the songs had people like Rani Mukherjee and Shah Rukh, who were the busiest people in HF that time!!)
    I dont know if your guess is right. But I too somehow thought (and still do) that Kamal's accusation of L.Subramaniam hiking up the price could not be true. And the reason why i think so is because I have been listening to L.Subramaniam's music since long time and have actively followed his career, his interviews, articles etc. I have seen him perform too many times and I even know few people who studied under LS and have spoken highly about not only his talent but also his personality. I somehow never bought Kamal's claim. There is something more to is, which we dont know.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tracing back to one of those hits from the glorious 70's,Here is a hit from the malayalam movie "Dooram Arike".

Lyrics by ONV and sung by by S janaki. This was raja's first score in Malayalam movie? I presume..

Post Thanks / Like
    A tharattu song from the movie "Mangalam Nerunnu". This was sung by Krishnachandran.

K.Chandrans voice lack the depth and emotion required to handle this song. KJY or Jayachandran should have been a better fit here IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    A song from the movie Anuragakottaram which was released in the year 1998. The pick of the album was "Chirichente Manisille" song which was there at the top of charts for many weeks.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the youtubes.

All ilam poovo - Krishnachand's singing is very nice.

depth in expression - epodhum thevai ilai nu nenaikaren.....
    simple vum irukalam dhanae..

KJY and Jayachandran padina - avanga padina madhiiri irukum. Tats all.

Krishnachand's bhavam is also nice to hear...

ellarum - KJY madhiryae padanama .. enna.....
    Usha Sankar