Page 122 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1503

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming to the current trend , there is a forced adaptation of rock and rapp style in Orchestration and Singing. Orchestration is fine. But singing ? Its feel so sick to hear tamil words being twisted and given a constipation effect . To me they sound like cheap,imitated or pseudo versions of English rock songs. If foreighners listen to our music they might assume that we dont have a style of our own or there are no composers capable of it . I do hear people screaming that new MDs spread tamil music and Indian Music by westernising them. Crap....... Sounds as though Australians, Europeans and Americans have given up their music and stacked their shelves with our stuff and MacDonalds, Fiesta, krogers, tacobells and wallmarts, JC pennys are reverberating with our songs . Give me a break........they do not spread our music abroad. They rather spread Rock in TN and India..If a lay woman like me can see lot of vacuum and void in present day music...As a composer who has given himself to music, his frustration is justified...I myself can't digest the so called "revolutionised" film music, when IR and MSV are very much alive...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by inetk
    Baradwaj Rangan on Raja's National Award,
    http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/...18/about-time/

"By carving out a brand-new category for best background score and by singling out Ilayaraja as its first recipient, the National Awards jury has recognised not only an auditory aspect of cinema long languishing in the shadows of the film song but also one of its greatest practitioners."
    Where is your Piece

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Sureshs65 Extremely well written!

It just seems like a couple of people here are more interested in carrying out a smear campaign against IR, more than anything else. They are too busy tagging IR with 'arrogance' label, every time he opens his mouth. Some of them went even a step ahead and suggested what words IR should be using in his speech, which is totally absurd and presumptuous. If any one is arrogant here, it's these people, not IR.

These whiners can suggest how IR should be speaking at press meets, and that's not considered arrogant, but if IR, being a composer, makes a couple of suggestions/remarks on music, then that's considered arrogance! Heights of hypocrisy.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nitu_krishnan,

Agree with your post 100%. Nothing is more pathetic than when a culture with a strong tradition of music voluntarily throws it aside for cheap imitation.

The sad part is we are no longer imitating the good side of Western music (like their classical tradition, which you can see influence of in IR's music), but instead the garbage like rock/rap....

Fact is, IR's comments are spot on....as for arrogance...Ramanujan's mentor Hardy once said "Humble men do not do great work". The question of a person's importance is completely unrelated to whether you want to have dinner with him or not....
    www.GoodTamilFilms.com - Reviews, articles, etc.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MelHarmony
    There is a strong belief in IR's mind (and also in his fans mind) about music which is not melodious, which is not created using native instruments, which does not have a soul in it etc.
    As we all know IR got the national award for best BGM. On the other side, Amit Trivedi has been given the best MD for DevD. How may IR fans here are able to like DevD's music? or even accept it as music? How many are able to say they like "Emotional Atyachar" and "Kunnathae"?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    genesis,
    உங்களுக்கே இந்தக்கேள்வி காமெடியாப்படலையா?

தமிழர்கள் எந்தக்காலத்துல இந்திப்பாட்டெல்லாம் தேடிப்பிடிச்சுக்கேட்டிருக்கோம்? அதெல்லாம் எழுபதுகளோட முடிஞ்சதல்லவா?

எமோஷனல் அத்யாச்சார் லிங்க் குடுங்க சார், கேட்டுப்பாத்துட்டு சொல்றேன்

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    Quote Originally Posted by MelHarmony
    There is a strong belief in IR's mind (and also in his fans mind) about music which is not melodious, which is not created using native instruments, which does not have a soul in it etc.
    As we all know IR got the national award for best BGM. On the other side, Amit Trivedi has been given the best MD for DevD. How may IR fans here are able to like DevD's music? or even accept it as music? How many are able to say they like "Emotional Atyachar" and "Kunnathae"?
    I like paayaliya, saali khushi, yeh duniya, nahi karna pyaar, yehi meri zindagi. pardesi songs from DevD. I feel the NA committee have done the right thing by rewarding Amit. He might not exactly be of Raaja style, but he is original, innovative and highly talented. His work in DevD is also highly praiseworthy. Now If you think the NA was given becoz of Emosanal Atyaachar, then that pretty much sums up how u rate DevD's music. I can only say that Sindhu bhairavi was awarded not just because of "Thanni thotti thedi vandha" .
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baradwaj Ranjan is the film composer, right? What an insight and a literary presentation, one of the best I've ever read. Great

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rangan might have written great but nothing as insightful, informative or enlightening as your posts, natha. nothing

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    genesis,

app_eng has a point there. Not everyone listens to all forms of music or to music of all languages. For example, last year a Shantanu Moitra won the best MD for a Bengali film. How many would have heard it, Raja fans or otherwise?

I have listened to DevD and like its music. Whether it is better than 'PazhassiRaja' or not is a matter of taste. Jai feels it is the perfect fit in the movie and deserves the award. Musically I am more inclined towards 'PazhassiRaja' but not having seen either of the movies, I will take Jai's word for it. 'Dev D' is a nice score, no doubt about it but to expect all Raja fans to hear it is probably stretching it a bit too far.