Page 22 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first comment in Sen's article is by Sudhir. Is that our Maddy?
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979
    The first comment in Sen's article is by Sudhir. Is that our Maddy?
    haha no
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satissh_r
    A R is wanting to show his love and gratitude to all of us by doing something really special...something musical...exclusive for all fans...keep watching this group, the website & facebook for more updates later today.........

Source: Vijay Iyer, Arrahmanfans Yahoo groups

Now we know what the gifts are - songs from JHS. This is disappointing.

Not because of the songs (I love the female version of "I've been waiting"), but the way it was presented as some gift for fans. It is clear that these songs are released now for promotional purposes of JHS which is releasing on 22nd. The makers must have wanted to improve the "cyber-awareness" of the movie and what better way than ARR himself releasing unreleased singles on Facebook and Twitter.

If they wanted to serve these as promos they should have released it that way instead of ARR's right hand man Vijay Iyer teasing fans with "gifts exclusively for us" tag line. I can't believe ARR would stoop so low to promote a movie of his. If he truly wants to do something for his fans, please release the album Connections which he did for Nokia phones.

I thought of sending this to ARR Yahoo groups first but that place is filled with faniacs who won't entertain criticism. There are far more sensible people here for sure. All comments are welcome.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess_Me
    Quote Originally Posted by satissh_r
    A R is wanting to show his love and gratitude to all of us by doing something really special...something musical...exclusive for all fans...keep watching this group, the website & facebook for more updates later today.........

Source: Vijay Iyer, Arrahmanfans Yahoo groups

Now we know what the gifts are - songs from JHS. This is disappointing.

Not because of the songs (I love the female version of "I've been waiting"), but the way it was presented as some gift for fans. It is clear that these songs are released now for promotional purposes of JHS which is releasing on 22nd. The makers must have wanted to improve the "cyber-awareness" of the movie and what better way than ARR himself releasing unreleased singles on Facebook and Twitter.

If they wanted to serve these as promos they should have released it that way instead of ARR's right hand man Vijay Iyer teasing fans with "gifts exclusively for us" tag line. I can't believe ARR would stoop so low to promote a movie of his. If he truly wants to do something for his fans, please release the album Connections which he did for Nokia phones.

I thought of sending this to ARR Yahoo groups first but that place is filled with faniacs who won't entertain criticism. There are far more sensible people here for sure. All comments are welcome.
    bang on - if the gift is this song "only" - r u sure, this is what vijay iyer meant??......

ive always been fan of promotions but to tweak it as a "gift for fans" is too much - whom are they cheating - us, the fans......you post in yahoo groups - lets make sure it reaches vijay iyer atleast
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    bang on - if the gift is this song "only" - r u sure, this is what vijay iyer meant??......

ive always been fan of promotions but to tweak it as a "gift for fans" is too much - whom are they cheating - us, the fans......you post in yahoo groups - lets make sure it reaches vijay iyer atleast
    Thanks Maddy. Great to see someone sharing my concerns.

I guess we should wait to see if all of these "gifts" are going to be JHS related, before sending the mail. If that is how it ends, it will be heartbreaking to see ARR treat us fans like subscribers of a marketing mailing list.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Benny Lava's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Second that. But still the single is

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    maddy And Guess me,
    I don't think ARR released this single with such intentions. I think you both were a bit too harsh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna
    maddy And Guess me,
    I don't think ARR released this single with such intentions. I think you both were a bit too harsh.
    Really? The timing couldn't be any more perfect.

I don't believe ARR came up with this idea himself. This is probably the brain child of Tyrewala or UTV Movies people. But I can't believe ARR joined the play.

Nevertheless the single is great. It could have been any other promo single for JHS but hyping it as some sort of exclusive gift for fans, purely for promotion, is bad.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. ARR is not the one who would entertain such kinda things. What they would've meant is releasing the song in ARR's FB or ARRYG instead of making it available in other portals so that ARR fans wud be the first to listen to the songs, which is not the case for other songs. Probably the choice of words didnt work out as expected I guess.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, ARR has given out yet another gift, on Facebook. Maiya yashoda theme.