Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: || Boom Boom Robo da - II | Shankar | Rajini | Aishwarya ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    enthiran bgm thaniya oru sondtrack-ka release aaguma???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    enthiran bgm thaniya oru sondtrack-ka release aaguma???
    Perasai nalathu illai sar
    AR RAHMAN - 'One note of the divine concord'

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my favorite bgms happens about 1 hr 10 mins into the movie right after Vaseegaran and Sana realise that Chitti is starting to get angry; when he walks by the green fields, feeling the nature and finally leaving flowers at the grave of Selvi, the girl who commited suicide after Chitti accidentally exposed her naked body to the public.

It ends with a slow flute rendition of "Naan kandathu". A very short bgm. Only one word to describe - heavenly!

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess_me,

Same part was mentioned by few other hubbers too in TF section. Heavenly, indeed

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right from the start, where I feel like entering an exhibition or queuing up for a ride where the possibilities of excitement are endless, this song ends up taking me on journey that I’ve never embarked upon. You hear voices chanting a new creation’s arrival. When the novel creation does arrive, it arrives along with all the emotion one expects from a new born i.e. Innocence and wonderment. It is welcomed by all and loosing it would be the most afflicting thing ever.

...Delivering a song on a robot must have been an exhaustive concept but not surprisingly its approach has been reflected in a humble and spiritual manner. Thus our imagination of an innovative look on science and technology seems to be more realistic. Gushes of techno / synthy winds bring along with it a gospel atmosphere in a sense where one feels as if an angel is requesting the all mighty to incarnate and restore harmony in this world.

Later on what follows is a conversation between the creation and its creator. They dwell in mutual respect for each other. It appears as if we are in an era where divinity and humanity have merged to inaugurate a new world.

The Second interlude is where I witness an all time high as many heartbeats are skipped...

This is how I feel about Puthiya Manidha and why it is the song of the year for me. The instrumentation is not questionable as it caters for the mass, while delivering all the sensibilities related to the subject. It is the most experimental song yet it displays inspiring lyrics, melody, interlude, and beats with so much ease.

SPB sir has two voices, one auto tuned and one not but this clearly differentiates the robot from its creator while they converse. If you listen carefully the orchestration has traces of thalaivar’s early input that he delivered for Shankar ji in the Nineties. IMO, I believe this song not being picturised for the film is fully justified as thalaivar has crafted it in a structure that is too big to be conveyed on screen.

Lastly, I would like to say Enthiran Ivan Amaran...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lastly, I would like to say Sunil Ivan Thamizhan.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot sir, oops I forget you don't like being addressed that hehe Ajay anna sounds appropriate

Post Thanks / Like

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I listened to the songs from Ra-One... which can be compared to Robot... Vishal-Shekar have actually done a great job... The Tamil version will also be released...

Is Ra-One better than Robot in terms of the songs... I mean the Akon Challo song is much better than Boom Boom Robo Da... for the same situation in Robot...

What do you guys think? The songs does not refer to any sci-fi items or music bits like Robot...
    Last edited by jangofett; 11th October 2011 at 12:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    In boom boom, Rahman ji has fired on all cylinders experimentally so there are a handful of people who still haven't digested this song. However I feel Chammak challo will wear out in comparison due to the lack of variation in the Darbuka beat, the flute by Naveen sir is the songs only savior. TBH the only song that has stuck with me from Hindi Ra.One till today is Bhare Naina and most definitely Song of the end (Theme) which slightly on par with Puthiy manidha orchestral piece if not better. I'm eagerly awaiting Shankar Mahadevan's version of Dildara in Tamil.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast