Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Your "Guilty Pleasure" Favourite Films

Senior Member Regular Hubber rifath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj
    yesterday I was watching parts of "nan pEsa ninaippadhellam"

never thought that Vikraman films will become so outdated.. it was unintentionally funny for most part.. except vivek's scenes & those were mokkai at its best..

vikraman mostly turns kumudham / ananda viktan jokes into comedy scenes

unintentional fun - 1. Ananda Babu's disco dance < u shud watch with friends who are good at commenting others > & his sentiment performance// oh my god.. damn funny.. even I commented, "dei vaanathai pola'vum konjam adhigama puzhinjalum indha alavukku mokkaiya irukkadhu"

u f -2:
    Anand Babu was asked to come to the recording theater next day for singing <his first chance>
    once he comes back home he takes his armoniya petti & starts composing few tunes & vivek, Mohini selects the most popular tune "yElelan kiLiye ennai thaalattum isaiye".. the point in this scene.. he is a singer & he will be going to sing which the MD allots to him.. then y he seriously composes a song

despite of all these Vikki had been in the industry for 20 yrs & was active for almost 12 yrs with some blockbusters
    yes this movie was hilarious.in the climax he will get beated by police and then the villain of the film will be laughing in slo mo.then he will start singing.it is not neccesary at all.
    VANGA KADAL ELLA NAAN SINGAM PETHA PULLA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    .. he is a singer & he will be going to sing which the MD allots to him.. then y he seriously composes a song
    In angaadi theru, Anjali and Mahes sing a song and dance around in the after-hours, when locked out in the store overnight.
    (this is ok, a song sequence is a place holder in our movies so perfectly acceptable)
    Next day, Mahes is humming "un pErai sollumbodhu" while speaking to marimuthu - ivLO composing thiRamai irukkaravanga En clip, hairband vikka pOyittAngannu theriyalai

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    .. he is a singer & he will be going to sing which the MD allots to him.. then y he seriously composes a song
    In angaadi theru, Anjali and Mahes sing a song and dance around in the after-hours, when locked out in the store overnight.
    (this is ok, a song sequence is a place holder in our movies so perfectly acceptable)
    Next day, Mahes is humming "un pErai sollumbodhu" while speaking to marimuthu - ivLO composing thiRamai irukkaravanga En clip, hairband vikka pOyittAngannu theriyalai
    romba lam logic paarka koodathu... Anandha Vikatan had this comment in their review on Barathi Kannamma (by Cheran). Vijayakumar, soga Flashback la Vadivelu comedy scenes koodava yosichu paarthittu irupparu? [The film comes as Vijayakumar recollecting memories about his daughter and the circumstances in which she dies..... ]
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rsubras, that is precisely the point. indha mAdhiri pazhakka paduththi vechurukkaradhAla dhAn, people complain about hEy ram that Kamal is there in all frames - goyyAla, avaru nenaichu pArkara flashbackla, ella framelaiyum avaru illAma pinnE vadivelu comedy sceneA irukkum?

Reg AT, ofcourse, it is not a big deal. But having put the mandatory song sequence, andha pAttai hero hum paNNarA mAdhiri kAmichadhu seemed like a over-enthusiastic attempt to me.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    rsubras, that is precisely the point. indha mAdhiri pazhakka paduththi vechurukkaradhAla dhAn, people complain about hEy ram that Kamal is there in all frames - goyyAla, avaru nenaichu pArkara flashbackla, ella framelaiyum avaru illAma pinnE vadivelu comedy sceneA irukkum?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Kandukondain Kandukondain - great story, great direction, great actors, great songs, great locations + one of the greatest climaxes of recent times

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARUL
    - misfired action
    - misfired sentiment
    - misfired nativity establishment

despite of all these.. I like to watch this film whenever I get a chance..
    last watched.. 2 days back while travelling in bus

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    & I remember, after seeing Arul's debacle Ghilli was released

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj
    & I remember, after seeing Arul's debacle Ghilli was released
    Ghilli April 17
    Arul May 2

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your "Guilty Pleasure" Favourite Films

Mouna Ragam.

Well, it is not a favorite exactly, though I have it, and not guilty exactly but I feel obliged to mention that I am not a Mani Rathnam fan, owning it is not a reflection of my tastes per se, I'm not that kind of person... OK maybe a little bit guilty.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast