Post Thanks / Like
    No. Honest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inetk - porutkuRRam in that review. Not unsurprisimng given your poor form for a long time but if you are smart enough, you spot it and correct it yourself. I am not going to help you

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for helping me scrape through a tiny bit of my poor form. Your use of the word 'porutkuRRam' really nailed it down. Updated.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    These old links (dated May-2008) confirms that Maestro composed these songs way back (almost 3 years back), which also answers Maestro style at that time.
    http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-mov...-12-05-08.html
    http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainme...yan_15346.html

Also the links talks very high of 'Yeh Sivagami' song. It seems Raja received standing ovation for this song. Nobody liked this song? It should be a terrific song. I have not yet heard.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    First release of 2011 from the Maestro. Hope we get to see many more releases this year. Does anyone know any site online where I can listen to Ayyan songs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah! now we can talk.

Ok, here's what inetk originally said:
    "Ayyan barely attempts to move Raja out of his current, woebegone form"
    After my alert, he has struck this through.
    Now, what you see is:
    "Ayyan’s soundtrack completely belies Ilayaraja’s current form, if you go by his recent output.
    "

Here's my query:
    Your original thought was that IR's form was woebegone.(i.e.) miserable.
    In just a few conversations with Suresh, you updated it to "belies his current form"
    Which means you think that his current form is quite good (i.e.) far from woebegone..

Which of this is the real inetk?

Do you write reviews just like that without thinking? Do you have a strong, stable opinion or it is just writing something to get a few hits?

From a sniper, a small-time guerilla reviewer, you have now moved to become a brand; a one-stop shop, a retail chain of music reviews, as it were.
    Has this change effected a change in the honesty, spontaneity and consistency of your reviews?

Do you have deadline pressure to come out with reviews? How earnestly do you think through your reviews?

I am sorry to say - I perceive a huge change in what you were and what you are now as a reviewer - and the change is, IMO, not for the good.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I had noted, it was a silly, broad assumption, without any mooring - on Raja's form. It was based on a couple of albums that I had in mind. What Suresh did was open that thought and added many others that I had missed/ignored - as a result, I change my opinion based on narrow thinking and started to agree that his form is not as bad (woebegone) as I had wrongly assumed.

Now, have I ever proclaimed that I'm a know-it-all who cannot make any mistake?

Also, I'm not sure where 'stable thought' comes into the picture. I see it the other way around - we're sharing opinions. Everyone is bound to have different opinions.

The part I changed was facts that Suresh proved and one that I had previously ignored. Since it is proven, why should I hold that wrong statement? For the sake of my ego? Pointless, IMO. So, changed it to reflect a better picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    inetk, that is why I asked about deadline pressures and the additional pressure being a much-followed mega-website for review as opposed to the guerilla reviewer that you were.
    Like it does, such a change has changed you as a reviewer as well. Thought it might give some perspective to you when you review long-standing reviewees in your reviews.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand where you are coming from - I have always seen myself as just an emotional reviewer using language more than musical sense, to assess music. I'd also like to believe that deadlines do not matter to me now, as much as it did when I started out, 5 years ago.