Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NATIONAL FILM AWARDS - INDIA

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep true njv

National awards, well thats a damp squib now.. i dont believe in it and almost each one of you pointed out its stupidity.. to add to that list vikram getting it last year for that crude sithan character

also I heard that simran missed the award juz coz she dint dub for her in kannathil muthamittal, is that true?? isnt that stupid too?? IMO, she was pretty good in that role!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Pretty interesting stuff here. Opinions from rajasaranam and app_engine were quite understandable. But regarding Bhavatharini's award, I felt that was quite justified (or am I saying this because I got carried away by the song's tune and music??). I know Bhava is an average singer and not too good with expressions and emotions while singing but still felt her rendering of 'Mayil Pola' was good.

kasi_sce, I am not quite sure about the 'dubbing' factor because I have heard that actors whose voice are dubbed are not eligible for national awards (infact even the on-line form states that). I have heard that Radha was rejected for the award (for Mudhal Mariyadhai) on this basis. But Shobana had won the National Award for 'Manichitrathaazhu' and I think her voice was dubbed in that movie.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravi_odiyur, just a mere good rendition of an ordinary song doesnt merit an award. How did Bhava deserve it over the other nominees? How was her rendition superior to say Chithra's in "enge enadhu kavidhai" that year, or 100 other songs that in my opinion were far better renditions? Even in the same Bharathy album, "ninnai charan adaidhen" by Bombay Jayashree was more challenging to render.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true Vijayr. I completely agree with you. Chithra's both songs in KKKK were soulfully rendered. But was Chithra nominated that year?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, bava rendered that song well.. her voice was so sweet and suited that little girl.. but no way near engey enathu kavithai by chitra..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    njv-> I heard the news from the ARR yahoogroup..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Temple City : Madurai / Capital city : New Delhi
    Post Thanks / Like
    alias :
    lesa lesa nee illatha vazhvu is another solo melodious song by anuradha sriram apart from anbendra mazhaiyilae
    yvs mani

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yvsmani/alias - what about the nice songs in Kannukkul Nilavu - Oru naal oru kanavu and roja poonthottam. Also, "Nalam nalamariya aaval" is another melody by Anuradha Sriram.

Oops... am I off track from the subject? Sorry!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Sham

In the technical awards category, MAHESH AANE wins best cinematographer award for Swades. .... FOR HIS OUTSTANDING OUT OF FOCUS SHOTS!!!!!! man!!! catch these bureaucrats for their selection!

Page 3 - best film.. YUCK is the word!

Just cos sudhir mishra (head of the hury) needs a chance desperately from the Chopra camp, does he really need to lick their a$$, giving the most popular film award to veer zara , along with the wonderful autograph? this is like demeaning autograph, yaar

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SORRY FOR THE DIGRESSION:

Some of the comments in this thread:

1)Kamal can only dream of the power rajni brought to a scene in Dalapathy

2)Velu Naicker's role in Nayakan will be jujubee,thoosu for Rajni

3)Thiyagarajan would have done a equally good job with Velu Naicker's role

I don't know what to say&am -ed

By the same count Rajni can only dream of the kind of raw energy Kamal bought to the scene where he hits out at the inspector(Tinnu Anand's dad in the movie)

I don't want to start a Kamal Vs Rajni war here but can't resist from making this post:There is a strong reason for Rajni being a SS&an equally strong reason why Kamal is called a great actor.Don't demean him by comparing with Thyagarajan.

In fact Mani is on record accepting the tremendous inputs Kamal gave to that movie(Nayakan).

Rajni might be a potentially great actor but an artiste is judged not on what he could do but what he has done.On that count Kamal beats Rajni hands down.

End digression.

PS:I hope this post of mine doesn't bring about a barrage of opinions to the contrary thereby derailing this thread.Furthur discussions on this can be continued in the CM VS MX thread, provided hubbers are interested.

BTW,I am not too keen on it,have had enough of Kamal Vs Rajni fights in my life

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast