Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1141

Thread: 1000 songs to hear before you die.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    5. Velaketri vaikiren vidiya and Angam pudhu vidha........ wat a style from SPB...............
    Usha Sankar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshkrv View Post
    Thanks usha and pammalar.

Pammalar, if i'm right Kannadasan was the one who wrote story, dialouges & songs for mahadevi i guess.

Yes Neelavanna kanna is the fore runner for lullaby.
    Usha Sankar, Thanks!

rajeshkrv,

The screenplay & dialogues for "Mahadevi" was written by Kannadhasan. He was assisted in this by Playwright & Writer R.Ravindar, one of the close associate of Makkal Thilagam.

Mahadevi's story was based on a Marathi play, "Punya Prabhav" written by the Great Marathi Playwright & Writer R.G.Gadkari.

The Songs for "Mahadevi" were written by four lyricists - Kannadhasan, Pattukottai, Maruthakasi & Thanjai Ramaiah Das.

The Pattukottai number, "Kurukku Vazhiyil Vaazhvu Thaedidum Kuruttu Ulagamadaaa' is a very powerful one.

This song has a Viruththam, starting with 'Suuzhchiyile Suvaramaithu (சூழ்ச்சியிலே சுவரமைத்து)' - before the Pallavi 'Kurukku Vazhiyil' - which is not available in this video.

This is the only song Pattukottai wrote for this film.

Warm Wishes,
    Pammalar.
    pammalar

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some more gems

1. Vennila nerathile venu ganam from Avasara Kalyanam. T.R.PAppa giving music and Brilliant rendition by PS

2. Saandhupottu thalathalanga from Sivakangai Seemai. Yet another Kannadasan product.
    P.Leela & JAmunarani.
    Music by Mellisai mannargal

3.Kurangilirindhu pirandhavan manithan-Thooku thooki
    what a song by G.Ramanathan
    Lyrics: The great udumalai narayana kavi
    Brilliantly song by TMS,Leela & AP.Komala

Senior Member Veteran Hubber suvai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajesh nga & panmalar nga iruvarukum enathu nandri for posting some fantastic songs....silathelaam ketathilai....but what a pleasure to listen them.....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    jaiganes,
    Any plan to prepare a list / edit / prune etc to arrive at the absolutely top 1000 of TFM ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaiganes,

Lot more to come i guess to wrap up the list

Post Thanks / Like
    More KVM classics

Poonthenil kalandhu from Enippadigal

Thirumagal thedi vandhaal from Irulum Oliyum

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg5...-vandhaal_auto

Aayiram nilave vaa .evergreen

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Some bhakthi songs which are musically outstanding as well. Since 'Janani Janani' has already been mentioned, I will go with others.

1. 'Maruda Malai Mamayile' (Deivam). Music: Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan Lyrics: Kannadasan. What an amazing rendering by Madurai Somu. Lots of passion in his voice.

2. 'Tiruparkadalil'. (Swamy Ayyappa). Music: Devarajan Lyrics: Kannadasan. During the time when it was released I don't think there would have even been a single soul who hadn't heard this song. Based on ragam Bhairavi. Devarajan's masterpiece as far as Tamil movies are concerned.

3. 'Neelakadalin Orathil' (Annai Velankanni). Music: Devarajan Lyrics: Kannadasan Singers: TMS, Madhuri. A very delicate melody by Devarajan.

4. "Devan Thirusabhai Malargale'(Acchani): Music: Illayaraja Lyrics Singers I love this song. Lovely female duet.

5. 'Allah Allah' (Md Bin Tukhlaq): Music: MSV, Lyrics: Kannadasan, Singer: MSV. I don't need to say much about this song. Anyone from that era will remember it clearly and will not have a problem in including this in the _must hear_ list.

6. 'Sittamellam enakku sivamayame' (Tiruvarutselvar): Music : KVM, Lyrics: Kannadasan Singer: TMS. One of the best Sindhu Bhairavis you can find in film music. Wonderful singing by TMS

7. 'Kannan Vandhan ange kannan vandhan' (Ramu): Music: MSV, Lyrics: Kannadasan Singers: TMS and Seergazhi. Kannadasan's words, the film situation and his Kalyani soaked melody move me everytime I see this song.

8. "Arupadai Veedu Konda" (Kandan Karunai): Music: KVM, Lyrics: Kannadasan, Singer: Seergazhi. Definitely one of the best ragamalikas ever in Tamil film music. Added to it is the Kaviyarasar's ability to explain the complete sthala puranam in just a couple of lines!!!

9. "Yenai Aalum Mary Matha" (Missiamma): Music: S. Rajeshwar Rao, Lyrics: Ramiah Dass Singer: P.Leela. A melody which was heard throughout Tamilnadu, whatever be your religious affiliation!!! Is also enormously popular in Telugu Desam as well. Definite 'must hear' song

10. 'Tiuparam kunrathil nee sirithal' (Kandan Karunai): Music: KVM, Lyrics: Kannadasan, Singer: Susheela and Sulamangalam Rajalakshmi. Whatay melody!!! KVM was master in this aspect.

Hi Suresh,,

Can add the following too:

1. Thillai Ambala Nataraja Sezhumai Nadhane Paramesa _ Excellent TMS solo in Sowbakyavathi

2. Sinthanai Sei Maname - Well-known TMS solo in Ambigapathi (2) (1 was acted by MKTB in the 1930s and interestingly MD for both was G Ramanathan!)

3. Muruga Endradum Urugadha Manam - TMS solo in Athisaya Thirudan

4. Muthaithiru - TMS solo in Arunagirinadhar (tongue twister to the core and listen how well TMS has handled it. I would recommend this song to be memorised by all private Tamil TV channel hosts who murder the beautifuly language)

5. Aadhi andam Illa Arul Jothiye - Amazing TMS solo in Naane Raja

Many more are there.

Ramaswamy

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was going thru this thread from the beginning , so many awesome songs , amazing brilliant selections ..
    Jai - have you made a list and arrived at a consensus of the 1000 songs ..Pls post or mail if u have done ..
    Wud want to have all of them with me ..

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skr View Post
    Was going thru this thread from the beginning , so many awesome songs , amazing brilliant selections ..
    வாங்க, வாங்க, லேட்டா வந்தாலும் லேட்டஸ்ட்டா இருக்கீங்க