Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Validate the talent of music director via BGM or Song???

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Vimal, fact that IR has done 10 times more of ARR's films and he hasn't touched many of western genres is quite amazing!!! he has been concentrating too much on folk and carnatic music........

"Thats IR-Genre after all. why dont you understand this"
    i think i have to accept this.....IR's songs carry his stamp only.....there r no specific genres composed by him..........RS aiyya i think we have similar ideas after many years

"We (at least I) do see beauty in ARR's music. Who said we don't? "
    even i love IR's songs......infact my all time fav tamil song is "Malayil" from sathriyan........

"Metal hasn't found its ways in the IF industry and if you still keep believing "Kannum kannum" is metal, good luck"
    i believe metal is a bit alien concept to Indians.....Kannum kannum had heavy shades of it......

"Pink Floyd IS NOT metal, for ****'s sake!!!! "
    i never told pink floyd is metal......nor r the cranberries......

"If you think Qawwali's are the ultimate and the single-most important factor in determining the quality of an MD, well, i have nothing to say "
    then according to u, MDs giving trance,hip-hop,clubhouse,qawali,mujras and good recording quality shuld not be recognised....isn't it???

"Ninnukkori varnam (Agni Natchathiram) - FUSION "
    addnl. programming by ARR.....vimal, will u credit this song to ARR then????answer me my dearest friend .......

"Raja (Agni Natchathiram) "
    this is a pathetic attempt by IR towards pop/break.......interlude makes me laugh with strange sounds like "pabapabapappupappu"....

"Vaan engum thanga (Moondram Pirai),Kodai kala kaatre (Panneer Pushpangal)"- i have never heard these songs...sorry.... ......

"Anjali anjali (Anjali) - Harmony, counterpoint.... makes any sense to your "westernized" ears???"
    this is just a normal tamil cine song.....no special genre in it......summa edhuellam gr8 song-nnu sollathinga........

hey go to any level and any topic like BGM, alwarpet...i'm there to answer it back...... ......
    do u think the usage of electric guitar and key board makes a song western???????????
    have u heard "nee partha paaravai"from heyy raam.thats a western type of melody with an excellent usage of piano.

"poo poothadhu"from mumbai express is also another western type of melody with a little jazz effect.

have u heard "thiruvasagam"?u can find the western music talent of ilayaraja.

another thing....why western.western.......western.will u accept a music director as good md only if he excells in western music.is carnatic music is not a music?.

arr havent given a sindhu bairavi or sangarabaranam yet...
    music is not dress or something where we follow western style or fasion.it must make our soul enjoy.in that way ir is greater than anyone else

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ada vidungappa. Ippathaan IR=ARR war mudinchu ellaam santhosama irukkom, thiruppi aarambikkaatheenga.

please read what ARR say about IR. So thats all it matters. Hats of to ARR for his openness.

ARR fan, neengathaan konjam vittukodhuthtu ponga. Neengallam Ilasunga, indha perisugala mannichchidungalaen.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vimal, fact that IR has done 10 times more of ARR's films and he hasn't touched many of western genres is quite amazing!!! he has been concentrating too much on folk and carnatic music........
    He has ofcourse Touched most of them which were there on his time and he havent had any films in which there need to show those kinds of latest generes.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nilavu, even IR has not given a Boys/Thiruda thiruda.......the arguement here is who is the complete MD...so IR has to give all genres to be called complete....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    nilavu, even IR has not given a Boys/Thiruda thiruda.......the arguement here is who is the complete MD...so IR has to give all genres to be called complete....
    what is special about thiruda thiruda...is it perfect western classical music or classical music.
    but shankarabaranam has its own style.........THE CLASSICAL MUSIC

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what is special about thiruda thiruda...is it perfect western classical music or classical music.
    but shankarabaranam has its own style.........THE CLASSICAL MUSIC
    Great pathiladi keep it up mate

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My good friend Maddy,
    I guess you are more of Arr listener than IR and that is why you are not able to figure out so many songs which IR composed.

You havent replied to my question about Kadri's Saxaphone question and Drmmer Sivamani isssue.

When you talk about IR, you can gurantee that 100% of the music which he composed are his own notes , his own thinking his own creativity.Can you say that for Arr??????

but that is not the issue here.Issue is who has more talent and who is a complete musician.There are so many talented Guitarists keyboardists and violinists in india but they were not able to become mds becuase they dont have the all-round skill which is required for the mds. People like Deva gave so many hit films but he never deserve any credits for his song becuase,he relied on other musicians for his song rather than his brain and imagination.

And very very important thing is ARR is a assistant to IR, where he learn the art of trade.I dont say a student cant become better than the teacher, But the value he has obtained from IR has helped ARR greatly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ada niruthungappa. For us if IR is god and genius, for Maddy and lot of younger generation ppl ARR is god and genius. There is nothing wrong in it.

Maddy

The years are changing, the usage of technology in music is changing, and the taste of ppl are changing. You are more sophisticated than your father and your son will be much more sophisticated than you, but this doesnt mean that you are better than your father or your son is better than you. All of us are better in their period. If you are hurt but IR fans hurting ARR, I would say, just ignore these ppl.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "what is special about thiruda thiruda...is it perfect western classical music or classical music. "

IR attempted a song of such type for Prabhudeva and ended up with Masatana Mastana which pales against ARR's dance numbers for PD. It's not as easy as you think

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    gr8 njv....i think u r the best IR-fan i've seen in yrs..... ....

vimal thinks half of ARR's compositions are not his......gr8......vimal have u ever noticed, after losing HJ,Sivamani,Ranjit bharot ARR has given swades,mangal pandey,bose......it shows he is the only one behind his music........

IR fans also think ARR's compositions r not gr8 and IR's is only gr8.....very bad mannn......i dont think i shld ever talk here, where there is no respect for ARR....bye guys....IR vazhga
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast