Anoushka
u brought me out of my retirement with this post but it will be one of the last ones for sure as my retirement begins officially on monday

Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
Lord,

I do remember Hum panchi ek daal ke But that again would be a lunch time program on Sundays and we were more keen on eating than watching TV

Also anyone remember Shashi pal who used to do the news for hearing impaired?

H3W,

I remember Kappalotiya tamizhan as the Sunday lunch time movie on Delhi DD because of Sadhana Shrivastav (used to absolutely adore her), pronouncing it as KABALOTTIYA TAMIZAN

And if I am right the famous Meendum oru kathal kathai (Ulagam urundai, ladduvum urundai) was another one of those lunch time movies
HPEDK was of course a 11-1130 program as 900 had He Man, 930 had something else and 1000 had Mahabharat, 11 had HPEDK, 1130 had Bharat Ek Khoj, 1200 had a Quiz, 1230 had Indradhanush. Lovely program. I once remember I had to get my parents signature for getting 0/5 in a test(about chemical formulae, I never used to get the valencies right) and I waited after HPEDK to break the news.

News Mag for hearing impaired is from 130 to 200 just before the regional movie.

I distinctly remember Sadhana Srivastav but I am a bit unclear about the face - there were 2 lady announcers in bobcut, one fair and one brownish and sadhana i think was the latter.
(Others newsreaders - Neethi Ravindran, Minu, Rini Khanna, Sukanya balakrishnan, Sangeetha Bedi, Komal GB Singh, Salma Sultana, Manjari Jothi, Raman, Ved Prakash, Tejeshwar Singh, Uday Bir Saran Das, Nirmal Andrews, Bhaskar Bhattacharjee, CM Mathews, Pankaj Mohan, Preet KS Bedi)

I think Kappalotiya Tamizhan was on Oct 2 1986 coz same day we had Gandhi and we sat through 6 hours of movies. My dad was very upset over it and I had a headache as I didnt watch more than 2-3 hours on sunday.

Meendum oru kaathal kadhai was in Feb 1989. There is one great song in it - Adhikaalai Neramey(now removed from coolgoose).

The Monday after we went to school and one of the vaal-payyans from C section came running to our class during the 1030 interval, grabbed a history book, pointed to the picture of Giuseppe Garibaldi from the chapter on italian renaissance and exclaimed "Here is Jujju Thatha".

Here are the long lost twins:

http://www.ascasonline.org/garibaldi.jpg

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/mp/200...3000180101.jpg