Page 180 of 183 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1825

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010-2011

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    தாளத்திற்கு ஏற்ப சரியான இடத்தில் எடுக்காமல் சொதப்பினால் தவறுதான்
    Ithai patri thaan sonnEn, avar adikadi shruthi thavari padiya ondu!
    போதிய அளவு முன்பயிற்சி இல்லாமல் ஹரி நேரிடையாக ஒரு வேளை வந்திருக்கக் கூடும். அதுவும் தவறே!
    Ellorum thavaru purivathundo, aanal oru professional ah irunthu kondu makalidam kasu vaangi paadum pothu konjam aavathu Professional Ethics vendrum!

To sum it he is an "Overated" singer!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இதுதான் வாய்ப்பு என இங்கே ஹரியின் மேடை செயல்பாடுகளின் மீது துவேஷமா? ரஹ்மானின் தொடர் மேடைக் கச்சேரிகளில் இன்னும் தொடர்ந்து இடம் பெற்று வருபவர் ஹரி! அங்கே அவருக்கு எப்படி வெகுமதிகள் கிடைக்கின்றன என்பது சென்று பார்த்தவர்களுக்கு தெரிந்திருக்கும்..
    That is because ARR is the one who introduced him to TFI, though Hari recorded a song back in 1979!, besides to Sing ARR's song, one does not need much skills, as ARR will cover up singer's technicall fault with his excellent BGM.
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Met SKR yesterday (To be honest he came a long way around to meet me. Thanks for that.) Could not meet KV as he was sitting on the opposite side to me. Also met Usha and Shankar. I went with Rajasaranam and Eagle. The concert was superb. It had it failings in terms of singers not up to mark or making mistakes but overall it was a terrific show. They have put in extraordinary effort for this show and it showed. (Pardon the unintended pun.)

The orchestra was terrific and the song selection was a surprise. My friends were of the opinion that many 90s popular songs would be sung. They didn't have much hope on early 80s. And 70s was unimaginable. But they were in for a terrific surprise. After the mandatory 'Janani Janani' and 'Amma Enrazhaikkaadha' came the first surprise. No one expected 'Naanaga Naanillai' and it saw SPB sing it with gusto. After a brief 'Idhyam Pogudhe' came 'Paruvame'. Again a song people didn't expect in this program. 'en iniya pon nilave' was the next surprise, though some were expecting it based on some leaked clip. Then came 'Kanmaniye Kadhal Enbadhu' followed by 'Ayiram Malargale Malarungal' which had hubber 'Eagle' exclaim ecstatically "Wow, what song selection". And when 'Putham Pudhu Kaalai', 'Chinna Kannan azhaikkiraan', 'Vizhiyile Malarndhadhu' followed, his cup was spilling over and he commented, "Someone seems to have accessed the songs I listen to at night and made this playlist!!!" For me the most unexpected song was 'Oru Raagam Paadalodu'. It is a favorite song of mine but I would never have dreamt that they would have included it in this program. But include they did.

I personally feel that they did a good job in the way they structured the playlist. The more unexpected songs happened in the first half and in the later half, when people would be more tired, they included most of the tried and tested songs, 'sundari kannaal', 'madai thirandhu', 'ilangkaathu veesudhe' etc. That ensured the audience attention was kept intact upto midnight.

Coming to the inclusion of 'en mana vaanil' song, I too was of the same opinion as Plum. A friend sitting next to me remarked, 'this is a S A Rajkumar tune'. Eagle wasn't impressed and said, "no way. this has lot of work". It was only during the interludes and when Hariharan started singing the charanams I noticed what a remarkable song it was. I have never given it any time of the day and have always thought it was mediocre song but I now changed my opinion. The way the tune moves in the charanams and the energy the tune carries are amazing. And as Eagle perinently pointed out, "This song is supposed to be sung by a blind poor man. Not by some sophisticated fellow". With this background the song makes perfect sense.

All the while I was thinking of our fellows hubbers, especially app_eng and V_S as the songs featured are their favorite ones. I am sure they would have thoroughly enjoyed the program.

From my side, I wish there were a couple of more songs from the 2000s. 'Virumandi', 'Mumbai Express', 'Naan Kadavul' could have been my choices but given that 5 hrs is just too short for inclusion of everyones favorite, I think Subhasree and Jaya TV folks did a terrific job. Kudos to them for having the confidence in Raja fans and going ahead and choosing some lovely songs and not peppering the program with speeches or trying to fit in 'peppy' numbers.

Overall an excellent experience. Will probably write more about the experience in my blog soon.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hariharan has done mistakes during ARR concert too.

I remember one concert in san jose area , at Cow palace ,Oakland, during last decade, it was my first live ARR concert at San Jose, Hari made some mistake.

என் பையன் ரொம்ப சின்னவன், loves ரஹ்மான் songs , same time எல்லோரும் சத்தம் போட்டா பயப்படுவான்... so கடைசியா நின்னு concert கேக்க வைச்சோம்.

so .. accurate ஆ சொல்லவில்லை என்றால் - ஹரி, ரஹ்மான் all என்னை மன்னிக்கவும்.

போயிட்டு போறது ஹரி... next time நன்னா பாடுங்கோ!

Bala sang Roja composition in tamil and hindi stanzas alternatively.
    பாலா's ரோஜா song delivery பசுமையாக நினைவில் இருக்கு!

anyway...
    Keep/remember the good ones always....

Amazing concert , it was!

Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 30th December 2011 at 05:29 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the problem is - he makes mistakes for only thamizh songs in south indian concerts..
    oru ghazal farmaishla manushan ivvlo thappu pannuvaaraannu paarpom. mudhugula ton tonnaa tin kattuvaanga.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mano sings very well in concerts. I Have heard him so many times. He has sung so many songs for IR. Mano was raaaja's pet singer..

Singers in the name of getting freedom of expression to sing try to improvise

Do u all remember how hariharan sodafied - Enna Solli paduvatho and also katril oru geethame

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    R.Balki demonstrating the significance of Ilaiyaraaja's background score in a scene is the high-point of the concert for me

You can listen to what R.Balki did in the concert, here

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/...ores-2011.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Checked out Kaalai Mazhar programme on Jaya TV from 830am to 9am - Violinist Shri Embar Kannan interview. He had a lot to speak on Maestro.

He said IR's music cannot be explained in words and can only be experienced. He said its a 'Periya Bhagyam' for him to be playing for Maestro.
    Also said , that he finished schooling in 1991 and the 1st movie which he saw after school was Thalapathy.
    He said he performed in Raaja's house during 'Golu' in 1989 , which was watched very closely by Raaja Sir.
    He had asked IR that he would love to record with him for which IR remarked 'Cheri Kanna Vandhudu'
    He was also stressing on the fact that how recordings used to be so much of fun in Prasad studios where there used to be 25 violins , 8 violas , 4 Cellos , singers where everyone will be together in one place and the recording happens in Unison.
    His first solo in Maestro's music was for the film 'Mogamul'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    @PARAM - I chided plum for saying MSV's aavi - no sane person on the planet would have a second opinion on hariharan's sodhappal singing in the name of improvisation. Idhula kaamedy innaana indha aalu oru TV programla singersa judge panraaraama..
    Being trained in classical music and a highly accomplished ghazal singer, nobody can question his vocal prowess. But I feel HH is normally up in his elements while singing free flowing tunes, say in a Rahman show, esp in songs like vennilave vennilave or malargaLe or UdhYa Udhaya . He seems a little out of comfort zone in rigid tunes of Raja and that is pretty evident on stage shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked Ms. Subashree thanikachalam as to why no other singers except chithra could not perform on the stage: I asked her about Jency and Sujatha

Kamesh Bavaratnam jency came and tried rehearsals but she was out of touch with stage, the other singer, no comments. I basicaly feel, excvept for big singers like janaki amma, suseela amma and othrs, these thukkadas who were in the field because of the maestro should volunteer to sing for raja. Chitra ma broke her silence only because raja sir asked her to sing. thats her tribute to raja sir and gratitude. why talk of others?? the show is for Raja sir ans everything else should take back seat