Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help in the party menu

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Kritica,
    You entering into a big venture,and Its always said that feeding people is a good thing.Your menu looks good and even the prep work & game plan are very nice.
    I gave a party to my friends when i moved to my house. we had the pooja cum lunch. I found that making banana bonda was very easy. 50% of the work is done before and on the day just frying is needed.
    Its just boiled mashed raw bananas+ soaked crushed channa dal+spices .Make bondas and freeze it. next day dip in besan and fry .so it can be an appetizer along with idlies .
    A small tip for fruit salad, buy doles canned mixed fruits and make a batch of instant vanilla pudding the previous day. on the day mix and serve.

Hope ur party goes well,all the best!
    ABout the malai kofta recipe u requested,u will have to giv me some time,i am working now,so i hardly find time.
    will post for u soon.

Bhargavi.Raj

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Samosas make excellent starters. But I am not sure how they would taste if they are not hot. Bondas would be great though no matter how hot they are, if you have very mildly spiced coconut chutney.
    I like to make papads as starters, the big one, usually Lijjat - the smaller one(south indian style, without jeera) goes well with the sambhar/rasam rice items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,
    well i dont know how to make bonda.. if not i will make the previous day and keepit.. it looks likei cannot go near the kitchen untill the 1st... u know as i am busy with course project for school, then there is work pressure at the place i work....hopefully i will be done soon... i am just hoping....
    so guys give me a fail proof recipe for bonda.. i will make it....i think about 300 bonda shod do.. i dont know yet...
    one more ting.. one of u were suggesting vadagam... i have asked my mother the recipe for sobbu vadam... it looks eazy... but the problem is i live in a cold country... i cannot leave it outside as its always windy.. do u guys have any idea how to dry the vadam... fast and easy... with mininum or without sunlight....
    guys u have been great help.. i will keep asking ? if i have any.. hopefully u give me the recipe for the bonda....
    thanks
    Kritica

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Mysore Bonda

Here is the recipe from Mr. Hemant. It tastes exactly like you get in the hotels.

Ingredients:

Ulundhu (dehusked) 150 gms.
    Payir parappau/Thoram Parappu 3 spoons
    Coconut (2"piece) 1/4 cup
    Ginger 1" piece
    Green Chillies 4 to 5 nos.
    Black pepper 1 spoon
    Jeera 1/2 spoon
    Salt to taste
    Oil for frying
    Cooking soda two pinches

The Parappus dhalls) are to be soaked in water for at least three hours in winter and 2 hours in summer.

Chop chillies, grate Ginger and cut a 2" piece of coconut flesh in small pieces. Set aside. Make a thick but very fine paste of both Parappus (dhalls) .If you want very fluffy Bondas, you can use the agitator or egg beater and make a frothy dough. But before doing that, add salt to taste. This dough should be of vadai dough consistency. so take care when you make paste. Coarsely grind Jeera and Pepper . Some people add whole peppers and pounded jeera. You can do as you like. Mix cooking soda in a little oil and mix thoroughly till it turns milky. Add this to dough .Now mix all the ingredients with dough and see that they have evenly been mixed. Now Take a Kadai and heat up oil. Check if it is hot enough by putting a drop of dough. When ready, wet your palms and make a small lemon sized bonda by hand and put directly in oil. Take care that you don't drop it from height or else you would burn your hand with hot oil. Fry at medium heat till the bondas are beautiful golden in colour.

The frying should be evenly done or else the center portion would not cook properly. The Bondas would be fine crispy on the outside and soft creamy inside. Prepare coconut chutney also and serve hot bondas with chutney.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi padmasini
    thanks for ur help, is it the same for urulai bonda.. let me know

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Samosa

Hi Kritica,
    You can make samosa even 1 week before, freeze them, on the day just defrost them(they should come to room temperature) then bake it in the oven and serve them. My friend she did this procedure & the samosas were excellent too!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks shalltry....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,
    i want to start making idly dough...maavu... from today on... could you tell me how much would it take to make
    like here in canada. ... i use 2 parts of ponni rice and 2 parts of muthu samba and 1 part of ulundhu... the problem is i dont kow how many kilos it takes to make them.... for 150 ppl

i cannot make the dough all in the same day... so i have to start today or 2morrow...
    let mek now
    kritica

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -- deleted.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,
    thanks for all your help.. i have started making idly maavu.... i will start making chutney and stuff from 2morrow and freezer them...i have to have maa kolam.. any ideas.... we would probably rent a tent and have food there...
    well any suggestions for organinzing and never run out of food.....
    plz let me know.....
    kritica

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12