Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Listening to Dhoni album. Is it just me (or the quality of the d/l), there is something wrong with the audio quality. Very hazy.....
    Yes. Plis to listen from raaga. AravindMano ShreyaG auto-tuned nu solraapla. I d/lded a copy from internet and it sounded that way. Raaga has very good quality. iTunes-la poda maattrane..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    விளையாட்டா படகோட்டி - ஹரிஹரன் மற்றும் ஷ்ரேயா இரு பாடல்களுக்கும் ஒரே கோரஸை ஆரம்பத்தில் வைத்திருக்க வேண்டாமே! ஹரிஹரன் பாடல் ஏற்படுத்தும் உணர்வுகளுக்கும் கோரஸிற்கும் சரியா ஒத்துப்போகல என்பது எனது அபிப்ராயம்.

மேலும் கோரஸ் உருவாக்கத்தில் - நிலைப்பாட்டை ராஜா கொஞ்சம் மாத்திக்கணும். டிஜிட்டலுக்கு ஏற்றவாறு ராஜா நிறைய விஷயங்களில் தன்னை வகைப் படுத்திக் கொண்டாலும் கோரஸ்-கான ஒலிப்பதிவு மட்டும் மாறவேயில்லை.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Yes. Plis to listen from raaga. AravindMano ShreyaG auto-tuned nu solraapla. I d/lded a copy from internet and it sounded that way. Raaga has very good quality. iTunes-la poda maattrane..
    Oh ok, nandri

I've gone back to Mayilu songs for the night (Rita ). Dhoni paattukkala naalai iravu kettukkaren
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to interrupt the flow but in "Enna Kutham", Swamigal, is fantastic when he sings "paadhiyile vittuvittu ponavale.....". Arumayaana aazhamaana paadal
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the flow but in "Enna Kutham", Swamigal, is fantastic when he sings "paadhiyile vittuvittu ponavale.....". Arumayaana aazhamaana paadal
    அது என்னமோ தெரியல. பாடலின் ஆதாரமான சோகரசத்தை பின்னணி இசைமழை பெய்யேன பெய்து கரைத்து விட்டதாக உணர்கிறேன். மினிமலாக இருந்திருந்தால் இப்போ தொட்டதைவிட இன்னும் ஆழத் தொட்டிருக்கும் எனக் கருதுகிறேன். Any other sad songs of Raja voice have this kind of heavy back ground music?
    Last edited by venkkiram; 2nd February 2012 at 01:10 AM.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless CD is in hand, right now the audio quality from downloadable links and sites are not so good. It is bit of injustice to the great man's music.

Many sites simply flick from the 'first' uploaded website and create their own '320' kbps version and provide. if the first source is bad, then everything else repeats and sometimes gets worse too.

Hope amazon or some other valid good sites offers a better download for purchase.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too agree with Bala and dochu. Will have to wait till I get the CD. Nerd, yes, the raaga quality is much better. What songs, oniyum solrathukilE In raaga's site Shreya's voice sounds normal and I too reiterate 'never' from Maestro.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO

Vangum Panathukkum > The rest of the songs from Dhoni. (I like all the songs but the former is simply the icing on the cake.)

2ND half of Mayilu Soundtrack i.e. Aadhisokka, Thukkamenna Thuyaramenna and Enna Kutham > 1st half of Mayilu. (I tried hard to grasp the rest of the songs but I still haven’t clicked with them.)

Overall Mayilu (2nd half) > Dhoni (Whole album) > Mayilu (1st half) but Vangum Panathukkum > Mayilu (Whole album)

^^ Looks confusing hehe well, let it be.

Now let me pour out the nitty-gritty on why I’m absolutely stunned by Vangum Panathukkum.

Firstly, on initial hearing it was Thaavi Thavi Pogum that blew me away, just when I thought the song finished the first interlude stared to blossom away with WCM. It’s been a while since Raaja Saab has incorporated this kind of orchestral arrangements. This song has to be my second pick from the album. Unlike other songs by the maestro, the first interlude is stronger than the second one.

The tapping we hear at the beginning of Vangum Panathukkum, to me sounds like the wood framework of an acoustic guitar. SPB Ji swims right in with fine ease displaying a pleasant nostalgia with the support of a bluesy guitar. The rest of the song follows standards unique to IR. It is the second interlude i.e. the flute/WCM by the maestro and the gobbledygook by SPB that’s not allowing me to give more hearings to the rest of the album, furthermore this is the reason behind this song overtaking the number of hearings I’ve given to Aadhisokka, Thukkamenna Thuyaramenna and Enna Kutham. I cannot explain how I feel but I’ll share an example, just like Mere Paa where Amitabh Ji’s croons a funny-like child sounds over the main them in the second interlude, here SPB Ji delivers his own take. If this interlude wasn’t in the track then maybe Thaavi Thavi Pogum would have the stolen the show but not only is this interlude the saviour of the song but it’s also the saviour of the album. It’s why I’m spending more time with the album currently compared to any other.

2012 is here and so is Raaja Saab! Best interlude of the year and certainly the best since Mere Paa and the ending instrumental portion of Achadicha Kaasa from Vaalmiki. Emotionally enthralling would truly be an understatement.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunil
    If you haven't checked out 'yaathE yaathE' yet, you're in for surprise! Helluva deadly number, this one, highly additive!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sunil, nice to see you in IR thread as well...
    hear and make them heard.
    Sach is Life..

Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast