View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 247 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Murder most foul

Quote Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
    Yuvan's song here
    EKI Rajavae!!! Bhavatha poraadhunnu ippo Yuvaroda taarcharaa?
    AmAm, indha maadhiri real , hollow guitaring ellaam andha "Amruthamaay" paatukku vechA [other than the start] thaan enna korachal?

VeLakkumaathukku pattu kunjalam
    Last edited by thumburu; 4th June 2012 at 10:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Suresh ji. I feel since we are accustomed and impacted by his music for almost more than decades, there is also another important role to be played as Raja fans (not applicable to others) apart from just listening and appreciating. That is, taking his music to previous generations as well as the current/younger generations, especially his post-90's collections. Many have almost forgot him or have such wrong impressions about him. This is the pity of a man given his life to music, and this could be the biggest disappointment any raja fan can have. This can be addressed (not solved) atleast by some good personal interaction with our friends and families by starting with their views on his music and slowly drawing attention to IR, his contributions and his unique specialities. It is not a proud activity, as a responsibility, I have at least made 100's of my (thamizh/telugu/kannada/hindi) friends listen to Raja frequently, especially his latest offering and then ask their honest views and how it compares to current scenario. I knew how they were 10 years before and how they changed now. They now feel how much they were missing IR compositions and listening to some mediocre stuff and claiming that's the best. Many in fact give me the news about his latest. Only question they have is why this glorious music is not reaching them. I too ask the same question to them, how come you know about others. It is your interest in them that seeks you to them, not that it automatically it comes to you. Same way, if you are interested in him, everything will follow you. In any case, I never force them to like any song, just give their merits. Nammaala mudinja oru siru ubayam.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan View Post
    ippo appavukku pasanga solli kodukkaraanga"
    It is definitely possible...

Yuvan is well qualified to advise IR about how to make a foreign trip in the name of composing and depleting producer's bank account. (Bangkok, Singapore, Dubai, Vegas, Rio de Janeiro etc...). Poor IR composed most of his songs from a corner room in AVM studio.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh and Bala,

Try to understand that I have already mentioned that it is their ignorance of IR that some of the "younger generation" speak like this.
    Not once, I have come across many times when some of my friends say "IR is synonymous with Mohan hits".
    They are not IR fans like us to stop by and appreciate works like Hey Ram etc.

Refrain from making personal ridicule on me. That is in bad taste. Please argue in a healthy way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    V_S,

vidunga. raja_fanukku idhellam sagajam He will never correct anyone who has anything bad to say about Raja but faithfully reproduce it here !!! So don't get worked up. Anyone who has some musical sense can know where Raja stands and where others stand.
    Suresh,

Ungalukku ennai patri ennai vida adhigam therindhirukkirathu. Mikka nanri. Aanaal karuththai karuththaal vella muyarchchi seiyungal. Adhai vittu vittu kindal keli seithaal pirachchanai veru thisaila poidum. Nallathillai.

Moderators, please take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we’re undervaluing IR’s reach among the youth. No, not that he’s the best known guy around, but he isn’t too ‘from-the-Jurassic’ either.
    Some random instances:
    • Kadhalil sodhappuvadhu eppadi, made by Balaji Mohan, who I’m guessing is in his early twenties, and mostly seen as a movie targeted at today’s youth crowd, has a line that roughly goes ‘ava pEsardhu kEkkarappo, avalo inimaya, appidiyE Ilayaraja paattu kEkkara maadhiri irukkum’. A subplot in the film that revolves around the troubled parents of the lead lady, who are on the brink of a divorce, has valaiosai as BGM in a scene where they’re shown uniting again.
    • In Irumbu kOttai murattu singam, Lawrence sings the jadhi portion of azhagu malar aada and when questioned about who his guru is, he answers ‘ilayaraja’.
    • Scenes from GVM films where there’s reference to Raaja.
    • There’s a nightly program on the channel Isai Aruvi called ‘Innisai raja’ that features the Man’s songs. ‘avaru oru genius’, ‘legend’, ‘melody king’, ‘avaroda paattu ellam romba soothing aa irukkum’ are the oft-heard comments on the show, where the audience appear to be common folk regardless of age and not HCIRFs alone.
    The point I’m trying to make here is that, Raaja’s name does make a ‘connect’ with the common man including the youth. Yes, he might not be construed a ‘youth icon’, but there’s a degree of respect and adoration that one can sense from the general public towards him and his music. Awareness of 'the legend amidst us' is undeniably present.

And I’m pretty sure that 80% of the crowd isn’t bothered too much about who the composer is – paattu nalla irukka, romba sandhosham. YSR aa - oh cool, GVP aa – ohho nice, ARR aa – oh lovely, IR aa – oh beautiful, ippidi comment kuduthutu, paatta kEttOma, rightu; naan undu en velai undu nu poidvaanga.

‘ada idhellaam bullet point pOttu solli dhaan theriyanuma’ nu thOnudhu. In fact I don’t even feel like posting this thing! But ezhudhi tholachaachu, post pannidren!
    Gauthama budhdhar albaththa release pannaama ippadi polamba vekkiraare

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh cool cool and stop everything. Let us wait for release of the album or another teaser

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Joke of the century! Avangathaan indha maathiri sweeping statements kodukuraanga'na, is it not our responsibility to show them the real facts, by giving some awesome examples like Hey!Ram, Virumaandi, Pazhassi Raja, or SRR or Paa or Naan Kadavul and the whole bunch of Malayalam classics. Can Karthik or Yuvan even imagine in their dreams to compose these classics? What a shame to IR and his fans, it cannot be worse than this.
    V_S, thoongaravangala mattum ezhupunga.....thoongara maadhiri nadikiravangala freeýa vidunga.....it will be a waste of your time and energy.....I am guessing you are relatively new to the forum to understand the underlying motives of how and why some people post in this thread.....

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    ‘ada idhellaam bullet point pOttu solli dhaan theriyanuma’ nu thOnudhu. In fact I don’t even feel like posting this thing! But ezhudhi tholachaachu, post pannidren!
    adhey dhaan....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vel View Post
    adhey dhaan....
    Vel,

Why this indirect bashing ? Speak to me directly please...

I am again and again stressing :
    that kind of opinion about IR was from my IGNORANT friends who do not care to evaluate valuable music from the junk. It is not my opinion..And I did not say here that I just accepted the view of my friends and did not put effort in changing that.

My point in telling that here is that IR could have avoided strengthening of this opinion by opting out Yuvan from this album. Because whether we like or not, opinions of these kind of people matter in the market and image.

Idhukku poi "thoongaravan..nadikkaravan" nu enyaa tension aagareenga ?

Who are you to certify anybody's motives here ? Please attack my points instead of personal attacks.