Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parineeta

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    The director has overlooked this point? Or could it be that the Brits left some of their culture behind, which was promptly copied by the affluent?
    Actually Brit (& in general all Western women) in the pre-Independance (or even until the late '50s) wore conservative/high-necked clothing......
    -I've changed my ID now!!-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup..I dont think even the brits wore off shouldered clothes during the 1960s..I think miniskirts became a fashion in the 1970s only..but wait a min..I seem to recall seeing a marlyn monroe poster somewhere in which she wears something which can only be termed as having no shoulders .Its a halter dress.hmm....maybe that influence?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah! yes, It could be the Hollywood influence! but still Indian women wore such stuff? I've never read/heard such a thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope dont think they wore off shouldered clothes period.Guess the director slipped a bit on that .
    LS:
    I can totally understand your facination with the 1960s and 1970s.Sometimes I wish I had lived in that era too.(I was born in the late 1970s and before I knew it, it was 1984 already(that is my earliest memory).
    My husband just returned from India and bought a lot of old Tamil movies like Galatta Kalyanam,Bama vijayam and such..shuks the era sure looks golden .

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes SS......I feel the same way too even tho I wasn't even born until 1981!
    Neways reg. off-shouldered clothes, I'm jus reckoning tat they may hav existed even in those times......but ONLY for the high class........quite unlike today........cos I donno exactly wat yr in the '60s Parineeta is based on but I hav the VCD of this movie "Waqt", circa 1965 (bought it mainly to c all the old cars in it, esp. Heralds! ) and in this famous song "Aage bhi jaaye na thoo....." where everyone has a ballroom dance, an actress (forgot her name) playing the "Rani" of sum province comes in a white Sari w/ a sleeveless, low-back blouse tats nearly slipping off her shoulders! ('wonder wat the society then wud've thot of it when these weren't 1/2 as common as now!).....
    So I guess if Diya plays a gal of the high society in Parineeta then tat outfit wud've been correct on her......

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that song !Actually when skin tight clothes with sleeveless tops/kameezes were the fasion of the day I see no harm in off shouldered clothes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    Actually when skin tight clothes with sleeveless tops/kameezes were the fasion of the day
    Yea, skin-tight salwar kameez was a fashion in the '60s......(which is prob. y back then it wasn't considered as decent as it is now!)........and yea, evn I don't think those appropriate either.....!

PS- this may be one of the last posts in this ID of mine......gonna change it shortly! Hope its better than this one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohh can you do that??Change your id but keep your posts or are you gonna be someone totally diff and we gotto guess who the old LS was ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    Ohh can you do that??Change your id but keep your posts or are you gonna be someone totally diff and we gotto guess who the old LS was ?
    Um....actually its like both!
    I pm'd one of the mods who said tat tho I can't change the existing username & it'll be canc'd once I notify them, my old posts r (thankfully) not gonna be deleted!
    But still, u won't hav difficulty in finding me out 'cos I'm gonna retain the same avtaar!

Cyl!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    LordStanher is a charmer, isn't he?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast