View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 79 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Raaja goes spiritual and says "... Ilaiyaraaja is dead...." and Jaya TV insert a BGM here

இருக்குர இம்சைகள் பத்தாதுன்னு இவனுங வேற! ஆனா விளம்பர இடைவெளி ரொம்ப இல்லை!!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vallavarE, mannikkavum! 'innum' was indeed not necessary there.
    And yeah, namma payaga neraya pErukku podhuvAvE 'araaichi' panra vazhakkum undu (raaja paattu kEkkara effect!); ella 'analysis'um summa oru pozhudhu pOkku dhEn. audio release aagattum; apparam paarunga!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    A small film like Padithurai, which never got released, promoted atleast 3 songs in a Tv show.
    Padithurai songs airded?!? WHen yaa?!?!?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swamigal on his composing philosophy/nature at the beginning of the intree: I should be true to myself, not to Gautham, not to the audience. The narrator (director) and the narrated (screenplay) should "inspire" me to give scores. It doesn't work if makers come with set formulae like I will place a song here, and a song after interval to pick up the face - that's how they make films these days.

Towards the end: "I don't prepare when I compose. I used to earlier, when I was getting exposed to different musical styles/forms but not now. It just happens" - I think this is key. I mean we need to strip out the romantic notion of "it just happens" vis a vis his current compositions. Especially as a critique. The first point above and this are related
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    audio release aagattum; apparam paarunga!
    I predict it may receive more brickbats in the hub after that

However, I'm 200% sure it will create waves in TN and be considered patti-thotti-hit. At this point of time, personally, I want him to be a force to reckon with in the biz -rather than getting some critical acclaim- with this project From the samples, I think reNdum kitta vazhi illai.

However, one never knows - there could be surprise inclusions like the 'niRam piriththuppArththEn' in TIME.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing to see the varied responses to the 2 song teasers. I think IR fans are kind of in a dilemma. The fact is that is both these tunes atelast from what extent we got to hear does not invoke any of the old IR songs. So is that a good thing or bad thing? On One hand people always remark that they get the already heard feeling when listening to IR's recent movie songs(even the popular ones), but now once he comes out with totally fresh sounding songs people still complain that it is not upto IR's standard. It is amazing that IR after so many years and movies still comes out with such a youthful fresh sounding tunes. Yes i think the tunes are totally fresh sounding and youthful. yes the the new song has very simple lyrics and simple pallavi(catchy i might add) upto what we got to hear but i think it may fit the time period in the movie as well. Since i have a guess that this relate to the lead pair in their school days. Its just a guess. Ofcourse we have to hear the entire song to draw any conclusions. But one thing is certain IR has totally gone in for a new identity in this movie songs atleast in these two songs. Also pl stop with dragging SA Rajkumar into this while comparing 2 lines of pallavi. His songs had some nice melodious pallavi as well(not talking about whole song or orchestration). So have some respect toward him as well. not everyone is as talented as IR in orchestrating and creating a song.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm gonna go into 'plum' mode and curtail my enthusiasm to watch any further teasers/trailers/bits/thukuda/kosuru.
    ini saapta full meals dhaan.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rprasad
    I dont see the arguments like the one above as being very different from the all conquering all MD/songs praising posts doing the rounds these days. I will add with condescension that Raaja has made me a discerning listener. Raaja fan-a irundhaalum dont see a need to go gaga over Mayakkannaadi, for e.g.
    Adhukkellaam gaga aitrundha avar fan-ave irundhirukka maattene, in the first place. I also think it is an insult to Raaja fandom if over simplified illogical reductions are made as shown above (e.g. "not upto IR standards" is being equated to wanting the same tunes he has composed before!!! EKSI)

By the way, let's not bring value judgments to it, if you are not comfortable - S.A Rajkumar pallavi signature nu onnu irukku nu othuppeengala?
    Last edited by Bala (Karthik); 16th August 2012 at 12:02 AM.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thought of posting here and posted in other thread.

Highlight of the program..

we are tourchering audience by keep on giving news and not releasing the song...pls release it (even IR knows about our feeling)
    Music Unities Everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Link -> http://www.techsatish.net/2012/08/il...interview.html

1st part missing it seems