Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suresh View Post
    KV,
    You spoke my mind, I was just so disappointed .......................................As for me, I’m a sucker for even a 1-min Raaja alaap, so I’ve lined up my dear friend Rajasaranam for Sept 1.
    Suresh, Any ideas of what you would like to see on such shows ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quoting the whole post to show that i agree fully, I agree with all of this, X % (Fill X with any number higher than 200 )

Quote Originally Posted by suresh View Post
    KV,
    You spoke my mind, I was just so disappointed with this event but you know sometimes one doesn't voice an opinion just so some sensitive friends don't get offended. But if there's some sort of feedback channel capable of taking some of the chatter to KR or someone who matters in Raaja's mysterious scheme of things, why not try right? Ok, I'll try and bullet-point it so I can keep this short.

1 Someone pls tell KR or the family, or Raaja's coterie, that 4 guys in blazers DO NOT mean professional event organisers. These were strictly wannaBEEs (pardon the pun), who were strutting around thinking they'd pulled off a Broadway coup just by showing up with 6 gymboys in black and a few college girls decked in saree and flowers for props sake. Short point - if you don't know how to organise or how to spot a decent organiser, pick the phone and call someone tuned in to today's event management circuit - atleast Gautham Menon.

2 Stop Bhavatharini from assaulting 'Janani Janani' again, I am tempted to file a restraining suit on this. She must be thinking this is family property for her to toss around as she likes, but I have been watching the last 3 shows and it has been going rapidly downhill. And to think Haricharan and the likes are playing chorus!

3 What's this with Bosskey? I mean, I can only think that these guys must be so contemptous of the loyal IR audience to treat it with such a cavalier attitude? Doesn't Raaja, who sets high standards (claimedly) in his interaction with others, see this dumbing-down of the event for what it is?

4 Parthiban, Vivek, Na Mu, Pazhanibharathi - collectively these guys monopolized more than half the show; worser still, Raaja seems to be indulgent of their fanboy comments that were so juvenile, I wished I was watching Manada Mayilada instead. These fairly jobless (save for Na Mu who's scraping by) gentlemen need to be bound and gagged the next time an IR show is on.

5 The questions were, let me be polite, so lame and pedestrian barring a couple - did KR indeed select these personally?

6 The Paa RR and quite a few segments were rehashed from earlier shows, so another 30 mins wasted.

7 The sound guys can't be fit to set up loudspeakers for a Mariamman thiruvizha pandhal, continued to be poor right through the show. Atleast can't fault them for consistency.

8 Raaja says that he means to interact with his fans more, but please, he needs to understand that the average IR fan like me will continue to spend (such high ticket rates, but no seating plan, ticket nos..) time and money despite serious misgivings, but he's letting many discerning music loyalists rue their decision. It is not alright to wave an excuse that he doesn't understand marketing, but still price tickets so high for what was a performance that essentially lasted just about 1 hour (the rest was, well, *&%@#$!). Again, if the intent of the show was to launch "ilayathalam", what was the need to be so secretive about it?

9 They had Balu Mahendra sitting right there - these guys couldn't think of asking him to discuss with Raaja the making of any of their epic songs, but had all the time for Parthiban and Vivek's monkey chatter?

10 If, as Bosskey claimed, the show had no pre-decided format and was basically meant to be a freewheeling Raaja show, part lec-dem, then they better spend atleast a few hours on brainstorming atleast 6 key segments that they could structure a 3-hour show around. My friend says he'd rather spend his money on a Thursday evening at Black & White to get his fix of Raaja nostalgia (besides other poison). As for me, I’m a sucker for even a 1-min Raaja alaap, so I’ve lined up my dear friend Rajasaranam for Sept 1.

I'm not stopping because 10 is a good number to round off, but for concern that I may offend someone the more this goes on. Ok, just one last jibe, what's with this 'Ilayathalam' business? Anyone smell an Emu scam? You pay 5000 to get straight to KR and Bhava judging you on shruthi and bhavam? Please someone tell me this is a joke?

If someone here has access to KR, please tell him there’s something called ‘brand salience’ and even though the Raaja brand is strong enough to withstand such trauma, there’s a better way of squeezing those golden eggs out. I offer to consult for free.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    Suresh, Any ideas of what you would like to see on such shows ?
    1. Make it a realistic show. Most of the anecdotes shared by IR on that day was known to many people.

2. Please have fans interact with him than these celebrities. I thought the questions were rigged and those questions which could not irk IR were only asked. There are many youngsters whom i see and who have good technical knowledge of music who should be asked to interact with IR

3. PLEASE DONT ASK IR HOW HE COMPOSED A SONG!!!! He has million times told that when he finds that he will stop composing.

Is even Karthik Raaja going to listen to this .... I am sure not. It is a futile exercise to even tell him our feedback.

Take it from me, if karthik raaja is willing i have 10 ideas with me. I dont want money or recognition. Let him take everything. BUT HE SHOULD LISTEN TO US AND IMPLEMENT IT

The family has out because of the JALRA group . Let them come out of it for good

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maestro performing in Hyderabad (for the 1st time, as far as I know): http://in.bookmyshow.com/booktickets...d=10056&ety=EV

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam View Post
    1. Make it a realistic show. Most of the anecdotes shared by IR on that day was known to many people.

2. Please have fans interact with him than these celebrities. I thought the questions were rigged and those questions which could not irk IR were only asked. There are many youngsters whom i see and who have good technical knowledge of music who should be asked to interact with IR

3. PLEASE DONT ASK IR HOW HE COMPOSED A SONG!!!! He has million times told that when he finds that he will stop composing.

Is even Karthik Raaja going to listen to this .... I am sure not. It is a futile exercise to even tell him our feedback.

Take it from me, if karthik raaja is willing i have 10 ideas with me. I dont want money or recognition. Let him take everything. BUT HE SHOULD LISTEN TO US AND IMPLEMENT IT

The family has out because of the JALRA group . Let them come out of it for good
    Kamesh ->some points .

-> The audience who came , am not sure how many people are like 'us' - i mean how many read his books, hear his interviews and are familar - while we were standing outside, i noticed many of them were ignorant about certain things which we know by heart . And when he completed the example " thamarai malaril" , there was a heavy applause then , which means that some of them didnt know these ( Yes - you and me know this by heart and the next example of Sundari kannal )

-> I too agree that celeberities should be less allowed in such shows . But there is a danger in allowing fans ask directly . Some kind of filter is required . A question like " why is your market gone down after ARR has come ? ' is something even i cannot digest . I don't know if anybody will ask , but am saying even 1 insensitive question may upset him. Yes , the questions were chosen such that it doesnt irk him - but even in that , i feel there were so many questions that could have been asked, but somehow was not.

->Yes . How he composed a song should not be asked . No one can explain that !!

Other things , nothing to comment on conclusions & judgements - its one's own right

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    suresh... puttu puttu keepings!

"1 Someone pls tell KR or the family, or Raaja's coterie, that 4 guys in blazers DO NOT mean professional event organisers. These were strictly wannaBEEs (pardon the pun), who were strutting around thinking they'd pulled off a Broadway coup just by showing up with 6 gymboys in black and a few college girls decked in saree and flowers for props sake. Short point - if you don't know how to organise or how to spot a decent organiser, pick the phone and call someone tuned in to today's event management circuit - atleast Gautham Menon."

absolutely'nga!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    Maestro performing in Hyderabad (for the 1st time, as far as I know): http://in.bookmyshow.com/booktickets...d=10056&ety=EV
    Thanks. Bought tickets for this. If it is his first time, it's my first time too .... At least I have something common with him

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks SKV, KV...
    Mumbai Ramki, nice of you to ask. I saw you when you came up to say hi to RS before the show, so I can fix a face to the name

I'm sceptical that anything concrete will come out of our discussion here; too many vested interests involved, incl his family. And Raaja complicates it further, being the person he is. This is not to discourage you, just that one grows cynical with age (been debating, futilely if I may add, similar issues even in the late 90s at erstwhile tfmpage). If you think there's still some hope, pls PM me and we can discuss this elsewhere.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buy NEPV tickets here
    http://www.ticketnew.com/OnlineTheat...QZwhM+GZmf8%3D

Only 500 Rs ticket and you get a CD and a poster signed by Raaja apart from attending the audio launch ..Its a good deal.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hyderabad concert is cancelled

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast