Page 271 of 401 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamesh : I am the most biased person as far as IR is concerned and hence never get into reviews of His creations. But if I must answer your queries, exactly the same comment as above of mine is valid. I am in state of trance emotionally filled and speechless. (officially I am yet to receive the CD from flipkart at Dehradun)

SKV : Absolutely you are right, the first reaction of mine is , have this been recorded in the Angel studio in London itself by Gowtham , worthy stuff for irir123 to showcase to all world in future.
    Last edited by csramasami; 2nd September 2012 at 08:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the comments on youtube about the enthusiastic clapping and whistling by audience (upon recognizing each tune), which is considered inappropriate and rude while the orchestra is still playing.

"திடீர்னு அவன வேல் கம்ப தூக்கிப் போட்டுட்டு விஞ்ஞானம் பேச வாடான்னா எப்படி வருவான்? நீ படிச்சவனாச்சே?
    கூட்டிட்டு வா, அங்கய கூட்டிட்டு வா, ஆனா அந்தப் பய மெதுவாத்தான் வருவாய்ன்! மெதுவாத்தான் வருவான்!"

Apparently Raaja came on stage after this intro medley and requested them to maintain the expected 'decorum'. I wish the MC for the day had preempted this and laid some ground rules before the orchestra started playing, keeping in mind a similar audience reaction to an earlier ARR event in which the orchestra played a medley of songs.

I guess we all need to be slowly educated on these appreciation aspects through frequent exposure and guidance through concerts like this!
    Hope Raaja collaborates with more such dynamic filmmakers and helps speed up this 'education' process

Like SKV suggested, Goutham needs to clarify to the orchestra that played in Chennai that the thunderous response from the audience was in response to the maestro's timeless compositions.
    Last edited by SVN; 2nd September 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    CSR Sir ,
    Its ok even if you are biassed ..Please do write a review of NEPV songs when you receive your cd from Flipkart..Raaja has redefined music in this soundtrack and added a new dimension ..Would love to know your take on all the songs from this movie ..Its a humble request.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gowtham and IR can think of making a video with english Lyrics for "Satru Munbu" (suitably modifying the song with lesser words to fill, keeping the orchestral track in-tact) and releasing for MTV, like a James Bond film Title song. Grammy Worth stuff!!

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes u r almost right .. The patterns he used in his 80/90s are missing in this ..Apart from that , western orchestra + indian vocal combination does not work out well.. Harmony is completely missing..
    It is time for Raaja to compose many symphonies. Today happened to listen some old songs such as nil nil,vellai pura ondru,irandu ondrodu,nethu oruthara oruthar and etc and had great feeling than nepv songs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vem View Post
    NEPV songs can he heard from

http://www.techsatish.net/2012/08/ne...mp3-songs.html

First opinion: Very average; On first hearing itself, one can say that it is IR's--ironically not from the melodies of his 80's, but from his latest songs that sound all the same.

I didn't expect much from this. But, the NEPV gave some big interest to me, but I'm not sure if this will resonate with the current generation.

The melody king in Raja remains hidden, unfortunately: Has he been lost, permanently?
    Yes u r almost right .. The patterns he used in his 80/90s are missing in this ..Apart from that , western orchestra + indian vocal combination does not work out well.. Harmony is completely missing..
    It is time for Raaja to compose many symphonies. Today happened to listen some old songs such as nil nil,vellai pura ondru,irandu ondrodu,nethu oruthara oruthar and etc and had great feeling than nepv songs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Raaja can contact more western style orchestra programs like tribute composition in audio launch .. It can be released in CD as well instead of playing old songs again and again.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is really too quick say if this album is really good or great stuff. We may like it more and more as we hear the songs few times. These songs may fit in perfectly in the movie, let us listen to it more before we make judgements. Saying that, I personally have some reservations over some singers like Yuvan which I will have hard time to accept.

London Angel studios, Budapest Musicians are all great.. but songs recorded in chennai still sounds great and technically bright with our own home grown musicians, recording quality, style and instruments used many movies like My Dear Marthandan and is no less inferior to NEPV.

Regarding the audience behaviour in the release function, I agree with you all. Despite of Raja sir mentioning about keeping silent during the performances, no one listens and the crowd goes crazy.None of the people in this crowd is bad, all of us love him and hence we get there and get excited to see him or to listen to him, but one thing we need to understand is silence. Our man gives so much importance to it and we better learn what it means to be silent.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its very irritating to see people hooting when the orchestra is playing so beautifully. Crazy! This is the reason why India will never have a symphony orchestra of its own!

I know... THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE, FOLKS! BE CONSIDERATE!
    MOVIES theaters too...
    Can't they sit calmly without talking before the movie starts!
    NO!
    constant chatting, they give you head-ache even before the movie starts....
    angadhan vandhu socialize pannuvanga!
    Carnatic & Hindustani music rasikas attending C & H concerts remain calm and encourage the artists after their presentation!
    Very meditative experience!
    Last edited by baroque; 3rd September 2012 at 01:25 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    Its very irritating to see people hooting when the orchestra is playing so beautifully. Crazy! This is the reason why India will never have a symphony orchestra of its own!
    agree with you aakarch. Being a listener of the online video, I too felt the same... but just think if you are one among the crowd. It was just the way to express the adrenalin-rush excitement when you were able to identify the song which the orchaestra were playing. I would have done the same thing May be, IR himself could have informed the fans before starting this particular masterful piece

This should should be recorded and released as an album with HD quality to satisfy fans like us
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose