View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 139 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinodkumar View Post
    That is because the CD's mastered in India are compressed to the core and so they sound very loud and that removes The dynamic range of the instruments and vocal. The instruments and vocals will now sound very louder ( the peak level meter hits 0db thought the song)..but, we cannot hear them in their full body (for example like a when a drummer plays it, you get the natural reverberation of cymbal or high hat or bass drum). Normally, the compression is applied to control the spikes in the signal..but, most of the albums in TFM are compressed to the core which makes them very loud. Albums like TIS and NEPV should sound much natural and enjoyable (you should not be closing your ears) at somewhat high volume when listened via a decent headphones or system.
    Finally someone with good music sense (behind the scenes). COMP has always been double edge sword. This is one of the best mixed albums of IR period. The sound clarity is phenomenal.
    IR fans should really thank GVM for bringing out new dimension of IR.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish to write pages of praise for Kaatrai Konjam's interlude but even then I know I won't be able to to do justice to it (Tears of joy) I've warmed up to Pudikale Maamu. But this should've been by SPB/Mano/Hariharn and IR :sorely missed: I'm getting to that stage where every song is fighting for playtime.

App, thanks for hinting at that song from Time. Been listening to the non-stop as well

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    NEPV theaterical trailer.

Released 2 days ago, already >600000 hits

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    திரும்ப திரும்ப கேட்கையில் "வானம் மெல்ல" பாடல் மற்றப் பாடல்களை விட்டு தனியே விலகி நிற்கிறது. ராஜா இசையில் வெளிவந்து பழக்கப்பட்ட பாடல்களின் சாயலை நினைவு படுத்துகிறது. அதற்கும் மேல் ராஜாவின் குரல். இந்தப் பாடலையும் மற்றப் பாடல்களைப் போலவே ராஜா புதிய ரத்தம் பாய்ச்சியிருக்கலாம் எனக் கருதுகிறேன். புதிய மொந்தையில் பழைய கள்! ஜஸ்ட் மிஸ்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is because the CD's mastered in India are compressed to the core and so they sound very loud and that removes The dynamic range of the instruments and vocal. The instruments and vocals will now sound very louder ( the peak level meter hits 0db thought the song)..but, we cannot hear them in their full body (for example like a when a drummer plays it, you get the natural reverberation of cymbal or high hat or bass drum). Normally, the compression is applied to control the spikes in the signal..but, most of the albums in TFM are compressed to the core which makes them very loud. Albums like TIS and NEPV should sound much natural and enjoyable (you should not be closing your ears) at somewhat high volume when listened via a decent headphones or system.
    I have heard about the loudness war and poor dynamic range in current trend of CD production. Also now the focus is to make earphone listeners on ipods/mp3 players happy. How is the out from India in general?. ARR being sound conscious, how is he doing?. I would like to know.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I love about Kattrai Konjam is that the pallavi orchestration is different all 3 times. When the song begins, the focus is on percussion based backing, the second time around (after the first charanam), it is heavy strings based...and the last time (after the 2nd charanam), it is piano based...

When one listens closely to these songs, you keep discovering all this great stuff!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    திரும்ப திரும்ப கேட்கையில் "வானம் மெல்ல" பாடல் மற்றப் பாடல்களை விட்டு தனியே விலகி நிற்கிறது. ராஜா இசையில் வெளிவந்து பழக்கப்பட்ட பாடல்களின் சாயலை நினைவு படுத்துகிறது. அதற்கும் மேல் ராஜாவின் குரல். இந்தப் பாடலையும் மற்றப் பாடல்களைப் போலவே ராஜா புதிய ரத்தம் பாய்ச்சியிருக்கலாம் எனக் கருதுகிறேன். புதிய மொந்தையில் பழைய கள்! ஜஸ்ட் மிஸ்.
    This is their school level love song. Nobody woud sing this on screen and just runs in background, so Correct aa irukkum! 8 Songs la, 7 songs, neenga solra maathiri thaan irukku! Even the pathos Satru Munbu has a Westernized Vocals. While all this 7 songs help for youth connect, this one stands out and still connects!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod, did u get a chance to play the mp3 versions in Flyte? Or do you think they too will be taken from same source and will sound the same?
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    weekend trip, koindhai odambu siththa sari illai.. in between i heard pudikala maamu (after reading the reviews) - i must say it is an audacious song.. beginning with retro style rock and then proceeding to the streets and having a kuththu phrase with no kaadhu kizhikkum percussion - is it really possible? but the song needed a Malaysia or SPB mann.. rest of the songs inimel thaan kekkanum . nemba nervousaa irukku.. will post later..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Vinod, did u get a chance to play the mp3 versions in Flyte? Or do you think they too will be taken from same source and will sound the same?
    Hi SKV, I think you are referring to the songs at FlipKart? I have and it says its sampled at 320k. It all depends on the source of the MP3. Was it created from a CD or from WAV/ALAC/AIFF? The quality as I hear at Flipkart is no were close to my expectation. Let me tell you this.. If you compare the size of MP3 sampled at 320 will be at 15 mb.. versus, the same file extracted from CD in .wav for .aiff or .alac or flac format will be at least 3 times bigger (roughly) than the mp3 size. So, you can imagine how of the music we are losing with MP3. My stance is that to never hear an IR's music in MP3 format. I'm still eagerly waiting for the CD. Not sure when I will be able to hear it in CD format. Also, one other info. If you hear the lousy MP3 in a decent system or a good hearset, it will sound terrible. Those systems and headphones do tend to clearly highlight the bad tracks and your hand automatically goes to the next track. If I were you, I will try to get NEP in CD format. Now a days, the recording companies are recording albums in DSD/DXD (its the highest sampling rate that you record and it will sound very devine). They then down sample to MP3 or CD format. The MP3's that are created from DSD/DXD will sound phenomenal (even with the low bit rate) when compared to the traditional MP3's that are created from a CD or any other formats (WAV, AIFF, FLAC, etc). Not sure if NEPV was recorded in DSD/DXD format or not. It will be interesting to find out if they have plans to release in highres (24/96 or 24/192) format. Check out hdtracks.com for sample highres to get an idea.