View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 199 of 247 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    for some exclusive programs, any time the program being telecasted becomes prime time...
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    Why not? it is holiday after lunch many will be relaxed and can watch the show
    I think the weak link is Jaya TV. I think not many even tune to it, to able to catch the promo.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the composition we are about to talk is mainly composed with the violin family (Double bass, Cello, Viola, Violin) and the piano, I thought what would be the impact when we listen to such extravagant piece of music. The results are astounding. When Thomas Jefferson was about to write the Declaration of independence, he could not get the correct words. He was struggling. He picked up his violin and started playing. Through this music, he was able to get the right words from his brain to paper. Einstein says he was so smart because he played violin. Looks like he found most of this unsolved problems solved by playing his violin. Cello is again a wonderful instrument. This is actually a therapeutic instrument which creates positive influences in life. These are the instruments which can provide self-expression where words fail to describe their thoughts.

Mozart’s Sonata for two pianos as they say is often used as a test to test the students IQ before and after. Those who listened to this music before they wrote their exams performed way better than those who listened to other kind of music and also more than who didn’t listen to any. Even the studies and research on music for plants and animals gave stunning results. We already know that cows can yield more milk when it listens to music. We have seen this in our ‘grAmarAjan’ films when he sings Azhagee Nee PErazhagi.

Violin (and the family) is one of the best instruments humans have ever invented. Unfortunately this is not used frequently in our Indian music nowadays. Studies prove those who listen to baroque music and Classical music which mainly consists of violins, decreases the heart rate, blood pressure and relaxes you more and increases the ability to learn. The biggest advantage is our memory retention even increases to 100%. I have certainly experienced great relaxation when I hear Mudhal Murai and Satru Munbu. The music literally releases the neurons in our brain which make us relax more. That’s why I call this as pure music with no adulteration, it cleanses our body and soul and creates positive vibrations. Let’s move on…

I have never heard such a bold female voice in recent times. Even when Sunidhi sang in MX, Chal Chalein, Om Shanthi, Paa, I could not recognize this boldness in her voice. May be in 2-3 years her voice matured. That little bit of masculine hint in her voice as App stated adds more kick and spice to her voice. We know Usha Utup, but the masculine is more prominent in her voice, which only suits for particular songs. LR Eswari, K B SundarambaL were the two I could think of. They also have a bit of masculine throat, but with Sunidhi , she only has a small hint of it, just small and tiny, which makes her voice very special. Topping it all, she also has a sweet voice unlike others. This also makes the Mudhal murai very special and seducing to hear. Another specialty about these bold voices is that they almost sound the same at lower, middle and higher octaves which give a pleasant listen throughout the song. Only Mohammed Rafi (even though he does not have bold voice) has such kind of voice in male playback singers. It is constant throughout. He can touch any higher note very easily without any strain.

Even when we have few complaints about some singer choices in this soundtrack, all this is nullified by just the selection of this singer. I am amazed how Maestro selected Sunidhi’ s voice for this song. From any of her previous songs (at least in IR compositions) did not explicitly say she would be perfect for this song, since her voice was totally different in all her previous outings. In that way, Maestro accurately sensed that her voice would be perfect for this mood and singing, especially finding that masculine hint in her voice. She also needed a composition like this to really make her voice stand out like never before. All this makes this song a Nadia Comaneci.

Very unusual start to the song. Double bass playing just two chords at lower octaves with electric guitar punctuation at higher octaves. Piano playing 6 base notes followed by the same guitar screaming along with double bass. Then the usual rhythm starts with double bass. He just needed 6 seconds to warm up and get into the rhythm of the song. Even the first 6 seconds he is not relaxing, just getting into the groove with intermittent chords. That sound of double bass is very haunting, even these instruments only play lowest notes. It's been a very long long time I am hearing this instrument in an Indian film song, or is it the first time? As they say, Raavan creates strings out of his nerves and plays, I can literally feel that sound here. The main reason there is purest devotion when he needs more power, and here is out of purest love, when she needs more love.

I guess this follows the standard 4/4 time signature. The electric guitar pitches high when she sings mudhal murai paartha nyaabagam, but when she sings uyirinil thanthu pOgiraai, the guitar chords amazingly comes down, even both the lines has exactly same swaras if I am not wrong. Still he brings the chords down in the second line while the tune goes up and to hear that, brings shiver in me. In every note like this, there is a surprise. When she sings the next line, EnO Or bhaaram, the cellos rush along with her to give a crescendo finish with a fractional pause. The cellos continue even after she finished singing EnO bhaaram. Why? The guitar which was extending the first two lines is not there in the next two lines. Since the cellos start playing in the next two lines building the tension, Maestro uses the same cello to extend rather than bringing guitar. Brilliant idea!

I am completely blown away by this tune in anu-pallavi. A very very sweet tune for this racy song.
    sila nEram maayam seithaai
    sila nEram kaayam seithaai
    madi meethu thoonga vaithaai
    maru naaLil yEnga vaithaai
    veyilaa mazhaiyaa valiyaa sugamaa edhu nee.. neethaane en pon vasantham…neethane en pon vasantham

Again I am shattered during the charanam, especially when see sings 'thee alaigaL'. What a seducing rendition!
    neenthi varum nilavinilE
    or aayiram nyabagangalL
    neenganedum kanaavinilE
    nooraayiram thee alaigaL

Here too he didn't want to repeat pon vasantham more than twice, so that it will be tedious. He changes to un vasantham…un vasantham. Small thought, big rewards. Maestro keeps the same tension in anu-pallavi too. Normally we have seen instruments will be minimal when the singer is singing. Many apply this concept as a default for all the song. Here imagine if there were no backing instruments when the singer is singing that too for this fierce emotion. It would have lacked big time, just like a sprinter tries to gear up for the finish having started poorly. Since the cellos are played continuously right when she started singing, that why he can build up the crescendo effortlessly and finish it up brilliantly. If he had used only as filler between the lines, again it would have looked awkward to hear. He plans, prepares based on how the tune is and how the instruments should be arranged accordingly, rather than waiting for that moment to start playing. Just like a sprinter, has to start off correctly, keep running to finish first. If he misses anywhere either at the start, middle or at the finish, he cannot win. All these brilliant ideas make us to get into the groove right-away. Big stuff made to look so simple.

Everyone already talked about the solo melancholy violin. How slowly he builds with a solo violin into group of violins and cellos and finish with crescendo only to give the baton to ever soothing piano and when it is about to finish, he kicks off with the drums to gain momentum into the charanam. All the while he has been playing bass guitar without fail, but only during the piano and in the charanam it is ever heard. That small roll of hi-hat is such delectation to hear. How minute we hear that sound, may be first I am hearing this very clearly. I used to rewind this piece 'n' number of times.

The cellos and violins closely follow the tune in charanam to avoid any last minute rush as I said earlier. Very very sweet and free flowing charanam despite the raciness, fierce energy, not a drop of soul was compromised. As Sunidhi goes to up to higher pitches, I like her voice even more. No shrill, no strain, very confident, very dominant, very powerful, yet I can hear the huge pain in her voice. Totally floored by her voice and singing. Even there is a slight slang in her singing in certain words, that is so absorbing to hear. That innocence in those words doesn't make me feel odd, rather feel high. Waiting to hear her sing again for Maestro.

One of the striking aspects of this composition is the speed. It races like a jet once it starts, except that few seconds of piano in the interlude which comes as an oasis for her fierce emotions. Any speed less or more would have spoiled the composition. This is one aspect I always admire, how he fixes the correct tempo? The highlight is this is not even a happy song or a dance song. How audacious to keep a tempo like this in songs like this? Maestro only knows the trick! Just like pengaL endraal, this is highly unstructured song where we have only one charanam, with one pallavi, one anupallavi with another mini anupallavi in the form of neethaane en ponvasantham hook. This unconventional structure describes the varied and unwary emotions and mood of the lover. One of the biggest contrasts of this song compared to pengaL yendraal is the way he arranged and orchestrated both the songs. We should even add Satru Munbu here to see all three solos with almost similar situation carrying contrasting styles. One is purely based on rock genres, this one is based on rock classical while Satru munbu is based on opera classical.

While he brought the similar emotions using guitar in pengaL yendraal, he did the current one mostly with violin family. While he traversed many rock sub genres mainly with just electric guitar, here he traversed the whole violin family (double bass, cellos, violas, violins) keeping almost the single genre. There the instrument is one but genres are different, here the genre is same (not much changes) but used many different instruments in the same family. In Satru munbu, since that is opera, he used everything right from flute, piano, violins, male choir, and female choir to bring out the drama effectively. One Maestro, three brilliant concepts for almost same situation.

This is what I call music. It shook me to extremes. There is not a single note which is out of focus. There is not a single instrument which is out of place. Every note and every instrument has a purpose. Every note is fresh and new after 5000 songs. The mood he brought in with the orchestration is top notch (no words to describe actually) and only proves again why orchestration is so important in a composition like this! We can be totally with the song throughout. We can cry (at the mood and the singing), smile (at his brilliant ideas), laugh (with pride what we are listening to) with this composition. We can feel the pain listening to it. We can bring back our fond memories with the song. Compositions like this will haunt us forever. Compositions like this really prove he is a super-human. Compositions of a life time which only Maestro can compose again. If Maestro is ready to take us to an entire different journey and world with his pure music which will provide positive influences, to understand the real meaning of life, to the paths of glory, we are adamant and hell bent that we will not provide him any such opportunities and only listen and hail the mediocre. That’s our birth right and freedom.

சாகா வரம் பெற்ற பாடல்கள் !

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post

There is not a single note which is out of focus. There is not a single instrument which is out of place. Every note and every instrument has a purpose. Every note is fresh and new after 5000 songs.

+1

This was precisely what I had in mind this morning when listening to Satru Munbu.

Gokul.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome write-up, V_Sji!

It's getting better and better

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    LR Eswari, K B SundarambaL were the two I could think of. They also have a bit of masculine throat, but with Sunidhi , she only has a small hint of it, just small and tiny, which makes her voice very special. Topping it all, she also has a sweet voice unlike others.

சாகா வரம் பெற்ற பாடல்கள் !

I felt the same way. Keep hearing K.B. SundarambaL when I hum on my own. But LRE could be great too!

Excellent write-up V_S. Inspiring for me to throw my 2 notes in there. May be soon!
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S Ammadiyov

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is first time ever in this forum, a music album thread heading towards 200 pages (almostt) that too even before movie release. Only raaja possible

Post Thanks / Like
    OK... NEPV even induced me to write something

நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் பாடல்கள் - ஒரு கேட்பு அனுபவம்

நேற்று இரவு படுக்கையில் ஏற்கனவே பல தடவைகள் கேட்ட நீதானே என் பொன்வசந்தம் பாடல்கள் மீண்டும் கேட்க ஆரம்பித்தேன். முதல் பாடலாக 'முதல் முறை பார்த்த ஞாபகம்'. முடிந்தவுடன் மீண்டும் கேட்டே ஆக வேண்டும் என்று மனது பரபரக்க அதை ரிபீட் செய்ய முயல்கையில், ஆரம்பித்தது பாருங்கள் கடவுள் உள்ளமே பாட்டின் ஆரம்ப கோரஸ் போல கிறங்கடிக்கும் கோரஸுடன் அந்த பாட்டு, அதே தான் வானம் மெல்ல.., செவிடன் தான் பாதியில் நிப்பாட்டுவான் அதை.

பாட்டு ஊதின மகுடியில் பாட்டு முடிய, சரி இப்போவாவது அந்த முதல் பாடலை ரிபீட் செய்யலாம்னா, 'கிட்டார் குத்து' புடிக்கல மாமு ஆரம்பிக்க, சரி இந்தப்பாட்டு புடிக்கும் ஆனா புடிக்காது வகையறா ஆச்சே அப்படினா நினச்சதுதான் தாமதம், செவுட்டுல அடிச்சது முதல் இண்டர்லுட் அப்புறம் கார்த்திக்கின் 'பத்தாதே' எனக்கு பத்தலை கேட்க கேட்க. எனவே பத்தாதே பார்ட் மட்டும் ரிபீட் செய்ய ஆவலாகி, 'சே சே முதல்ல முதல் முறை தான் ரிபீட் செய்யணும்'.

இப்படிஎல்லாம் யோசிச்சுகிட்டு இருக்கும் போதே என்னோடு வா வா பாட்டு குச்சிய வாங்கிட்டு ரிலே ரேஸ்ல யானை பிளிறலோடு ஓட ஓரம்பித்தது. வேற வழி அதோட தான் போகணும். இந்த பாட்டு முடிந்தவுடன், இந்த தடவை, கண்டிப்பா முதல் பாடலை ரிபீட் செஞ்சே ஆகணும்... என்னோடு வா வா பாடலோட முதல் பாதியில் கார்த்திக் குரல் இசைகருவிகளின் சத்தங்களுடன் பின்னிப்பிணைய இரண்டாவது சரணத்தில் துண்டாக ஒலிக்கும். ஏன் இப்படி பண்ணி இருக்கார் இவர்.

ஒரே குழப்பம். யுவன் தான் சிந்தனை கலைத்தார் 'பெண்கள் என்றால் பொய்யா பொய் தானா' என்று உண்மை பாடி. ஆஹா வித வித கிடார்களும் அதன் ஒலிகளும், நினைக்கவே இனிக்கும் இதை கேட்காமல் விடுவானேன். இந்த பாடலின் முதல் இண்டர்லுட் அவ்வளவு மாடர்ன், அதோட ஓட்டம் பாடலின் எல்லைக்கே கொண்டு சென்றது.

கலைவாணர் பேத்தி ஆரம்பிப்பதற்கு சற்று முன்பே நான் முழிச்சுருக்கணும். ஹ்ம்ம் முதல் முறை ரிபீட் செய்ய முடியாமல் தவிப்பது இது முதல் முறையா என்ன? சுந்தரி கண்ணால் ஒரு சேதிக்கு சவால் விடும் இண்டர்லுட்கள் கேட்பதுனா சும்மாவா. பாடலின் முடிவில் உத்துக்கேட்டதில், ஒரு கோரஸ் தாண்டவமே ஆட, பாடலால் காதலியின் சோகம் அப்பிக்கொள்ள அதை துடைக்குறதுக்குள்ள, சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து ன்னு ஒரு பாடல், இதன் சரணங்களின் பாதங்களில் சரணம் ஆவதை தவிர வேறு வழி இருக்கவில்லை பத்தாக்குறைக்கு அந்த இரண்டாவது இண்டர்லுட் வேறு.

அப்போ எப்போதான் முதல் முறை ரிபீட் செய்வது?. சாய்ந்து சாய்ந்து பாடலின் ரிதத்தில் ஒரு ரதமே ஓடி முடிய, காற்றையே நிற்க வைக்கும் பாட்டு... 'ரிபீட் செய்வதையா' மறக்க வைக்க முடியாது. இந்த பாட்டில் எந்தெந்த இடங்களில் எத்தனை லேயர்கள் மியூசிக் போட்டு இருக்கிறார் என்று எண்ணுவது (சரியாக எண்ண முடியாவிட்டாலும்) சுகமோ சுகம், அதையே செய்தேன். கம்ப்யூட்டர் துணை இல்லாமல் இப்படி செய்வது எப்படி சார் எப்படி?.

அடுத்த பாடல்..... முதல் முறை பார்த்த ஞாபகம். நான் 'ரிபீட் ஆல்' சுவிட்ச் ஆன் பண்ணியிருந்தேன் போல. இந்த பாடலை ரிபீட் செய்து கேட்க நினைத்தது ஞாபகம் வந்சுச்சா இல்லையானு கேட்குறீங்களா? ஆனா ஒன்னு இந்த மாதிரி இந்த பாடலை மூணு, நாலு முறை ரிபீட் செஞ்சது கேட்டது அடுத்த நாள் பல் விளக்கும் போது ஞாபகம் வந்தது. அந்த பாடலின் முதல் இண்டர்லுடில் வரும் 'அழும் ஒற்றை வயலினுக்கு' நான் அடிமை.

கவனிக்க: இதில் ஒரு முறை கூட இளையராஜா பெயரை நான் உபயோகிக்கவில்லை

Last edited by San_K; 12th September 2012 at 12:31 AM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    VS - Great writeup

San_K - That's what happens with me every time and I repeat the whole album instead of one song