View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 215 of 247 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Have not heard the songs? Is it like the Vintage (80's) rAsA album ?
    Param,
    It's a delight if you like WCM orchestra sounds. I'm one and that's my main reason for loving this album, more than anything else.

If you go exclusively by vocals (I know your love for SPB), you should not have too much expectations. You'll still love the two female solo songs 'saRRu munbu' & 'mudhal muRai pArtha gnAbagam' but I can't assure you if you'll thorougly enjoy the rest.

With that mindset, if you listen to the album, you're in for a treat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Param,
    It's a delight if you like WCM orchestra sounds. I'm one and that's my main reason for loving this album, more than anything else.

If you go exclusively by vocals (I know your love for SPB), you should not have too much expectations. You'll still love the two female solo songs 'saRRu munbu' & 'mudhal muRai pArtha gnAbagam' but I can't assure you if you'll thorougly enjoy the rest.

With that mindset, if you listen to the album, you're in for a treat
    App anna

It is not the SPB factor , but I have never been a fan of IR's music after Veera/ Inisai mazhai ( Mid 90's), did not like friends, Julie Ganapthy, but loved "Naan Kadavul", Aum Shivohum still gives me the goosebumps , really liked Azhagi songs though
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    Listen to Oru Kal oru Kannadi song from Siva Manasula sakthi. you may start liking his voice http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer...7'&lang=en, I think Raja sir's hand is in this song
    You gotta be kidding. Horrible song and more importantly Yuvan is unbearable. I think its better for everyone if we just stick to Raaja's music and Yuvan's singing in NEPV. For the record I like his saainthu rendition but not peNgaL enRaal.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    They left the stage during the entire episode of down-the-stage Director's talk! Prolly had their dinner!

i was there that night and felt sorry for the orchestra! when the Director's interviews were happening there was no logical reason for the orchestra to be there and it was a spoilt show (only for this particular aspect)... The rooms in which these orchestra people were quite ordinary and could have been better...

During the function, I thought somebody should have spared a thought and moment on the orchestra and Nick Newlands...More worse is that nobody tried to thank them or make them feel comfortable (though they had come as professionals!)... I felt GVM had no option but to focus on his agenda that night but I thought he could have given this responsibility of making the orchestra feel comfortable to some one else....

I also felt that the orchestra should have allowed to complete playing all the songs after which the director's interview could have continued...anyway all my complaints are taking back seat simply because no director had given such a perfect celebration for IR and he made no attempt to hide that...
    I-aRmony!!

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Thanks sakala for sharing this article.

Idhu pOthum yA! GVM neeveer vaazhga! This is the transparency which I was talking about earlier, which was very important to many directors/fans, became secondary now. I can't express the sense of relief in words when I hear this.

GVM has been a revelation for the past few months on his love for IR's music. No director has made their love so open and expressive and articulated as GVM!
    I-aRmony!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone had given the name of the drummer who played in the NEPV album. (The guy who came to Chennai was different.) I am unable to find the name. Can some help? Is there any link to his facebook/wiki etc where we can get more info on him? Amazing playing by this guy.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Someone had given the name of the drummer who played in the NEPV album. (The guy who came to Chennai was different.) I am unable to find the name. Can some help? Is there any link to his facebook/wiki etc where we can get more info on him? Amazing playing by this guy.
    Sureshji,
    it was Frenec Nemeth! I liked his drumming a lot (though he had his low moments at a very few places)....some links for him and his news. I also think the Guitarist who actually played in the album abd the one who performed at Nehru stadium were different. because the one who performed at Nehru stadium played in Endrendrum raaja programme and I think he is from Hungary...pls confirm!

http://www.ferencnemeth.com/music/
    http://www.ferencnemeth.com/music/20...india-article/
    I-aRmony!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    App anna

It is not the SPB factor , but I have never been a fan of IR's music after Veera/ Inisai mazhai ( Mid 90's), did not like friends, Julie Ganapthy, but loved "Naan Kadavul", Aum Shivohum still gives me the goosebumps , really liked Azhagi songs though
    Dude. u got two choices
    1. Take this slow poison and get killed now (as in now + 10 days as it is happening to me) or
    2. not hear it and regret after a couple of years like 'Gandhi sethuttaara and get mocked in hub)
    No pressure - yuvar choice..

Separate note #1 - dont forget to check out 'thaandavakone' - it is cut out for you..
    Separate note #2 - 'Saaindhu Saaindhu' has music in every single second - even when singers are singing - the strings, guitar and horns are hyper active - chumming an addictive melody..
    Can a 4 minute song be packed with so many notes? this is a real challenge to any music fan - but as raaja says - It is a definite slow poison - drinker has to die.. (Has to kaadha).
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    a 4 minute song be packed with so many notes? this is a real challenge to any music fan
    Excellent!, but this is not just a challenge to music fan, but mainly to music directors. This song contains 100s of songs inside, should be a real challenge to any music director to come up with atleast 10% of it.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    update : the following jazz website has agreed to review NEPV ! : http://www.criticaljazz.com/

however they have requested a a physical copy - i have asked him if iTUNES version is ok - if he says no, then it will have to wait until i get the original CDs from India

Sony guys - why the h*ck cant you release the CDs here ??