View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 218 of 247 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Ennamaa nadikkiraaru! Intha paattukku mike mogan kooda ivLO thalai aatla!
    Ayyo ayyo! Padaratha vida nadippe paravaillay. Aana pattu padara mathiri nadikkirathu maha mega kodumai.

I think they have recorded the song earlier and shot the video later with singers and players emoting> Just observe the way even some of the players going through the motions with elaborate and contrived [over] smiling!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    Now, what interests me here is how Raaja, the legend, the lion-of-the-jungle sorts, reacts to this newbie’s ‘challenge’. It, but naturally, does provoke him (like it would any artist), but he does not walk out of the project or seek ‘vengeance’ by screwing up the film by intentionally underperforming. The artist in him accepts the challenge, which he responds to by creating a quality soundtrack. It’s almost like him saying “look kid, your self-confidence is admirable. Now, let me show you what I can do to your film. I’ll leave it to you to figure out if it has enhanced your creation or diminished it”. It perhaps doesn’t matter to him if newbie filmmakers come to him requesting/pestering for a soundtrack, or, like in this case ‘challenge the need’ of his contribution, he always will respect the creation, deliver his goods and try to do justice to it. There lies the merit of Raaja the artist and monstrous creator.
    Superappu! Beautifully expressed. He never puts art (music) to shame even when it conflicts with his ego. That's the respect and humility Maestro has for the art. In fact he does the other way round, gives his monstrous contribution in those occassions to make the other person shy. The beauty is he manages every human emotion applicable to this universe with his heavenly gifted art. Greatest artist we have ever seen!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dig

pulan visAraNai was especially enjoyed for BGM.

This notion of "80's fellows didn't appreciate BGM" is very irritating

May be media was dumb not to say so in reviews but IRFs had always been shouting loud about his BGM capabilities! I repeat for the 1000th time my collegemate "rAsA padaththai kaNNai moodikkittE pAkkalAm"

end-dig

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    dig

pulan visAraNai was especially enjoyed for BGM.

This notion of "80's fellows didn't appreciate BGM" is very irritating

May be media was dumb not to say so in reviews but IRFs had always been shouting loud about his BGM capabilities! I repeat for the 1000th time my collegemate "rAsA padaththai kaNNai moodikkittE pAkkalAm"

end-dig
    The story is not complete when RKS left it.
    The finish was the tag line in the poster of 'Pulan Visaaranai' - Isaignaaniyin Isai Muzhakkaththil. just for 1 song and a bit song and whole movie full of BGM.
    RKS showed that he acknowledged the acceptance of the challenge he posed to Raaja. He did a similar thing(not so similar - a weird trick) to super subbarayan while choreographing the climax fight..
    He told his vision of a fight which is just a duel in an empty room - super was aghast and had to be convinced by RKS with a lie that it was an idea lifted from a german film (!!!) and
    then we had the awesome fight sequence which had almost no BGM except for the part when Vijaykanth starts returning the punches..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app_engine : if anyone says 80s makkal didnt appreciate BGMs, they must be from planet mars!

Sigappu Rojakkal when re-released in Pilot theatre (Royapettah - donno if this hall still exists!) in 1995, I saw it with friends during a sunday evening houseful show and there were claps for specific BGMs especially the title music, when a funky piece is played ennio morricone - crossed with jimmi hendrix style!

going back even further, kids like us used to talk hours abt the immortal Johnny theme, Poovizhi vasalile (om om hari om chant! and that crazy plucking of a veena-like instrument as the theme for the bad guy played by the late raghuvaran!) and Nayagan (the 'kamal opens the door while saranya gets ready for her exam/test sitting on the floor' theme), varusham 16 title score, aan paavam theme, sathya's various themes (kamal and amala with horses running in the backdrop, the thundering percussion in the title track and the percussion as a continuation of the train sound behind kamal's dingy middle-class home), the rajini theme for dharmathin thalaivan etc!

to say that IR's BGM was not recognized by 1980s makkals is total BS !

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    irir123, look at how even a HCIRF terms 'andhakkAlaththu fellows':

Quote Originally Posted by SKV
    BGM pathi pechu irunthuthaannu theriyala. Antha naatkaLla ethana peru BGM interested aa kEppaangannE therila!

Post Thanks / Like
    forgot to add - varusham 16 has a stunt scene, in which the mrudangam is the only instrument played !! Raaja and his endless kurumbu! a week after we had discussed this after a saturday matinee show, vikatan mentioned it in its review of the film!

and 'idhayathai thirudaadhey' ran a 100 days solely for its BGM !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Irir
    Sony sodhappal oru pakkam irukka, for your efforts Sir

bala (karthik), SKV and others: many thanks for all your encouragement! idha naan oru thani aalaa seiyyaradhu romba kashtam - edho mudindha varaiyil seigiraen! aanaa, even for an album that was recorded and mastered with much fanfare in london, if a branded company like SONY cannot release the CDs globally, am totally helpless!

when i asked if they would like a burnt copy of NEPV, andha ammaa yenna kekkaraanga - 'i dont want to steal the maestro's music - am a musician myself - and i have released CDs and it it totally inappropriate / unfair NOT to buy original CDs' - yenakky romba dharma sangadamaa pocchu

SONY - yenna oru sodhappal

SKV: andha kaalathhu 80s makkals did not observe BGM as much as present day makkals rangela pesuneenganna, yenakku ketta kovam varum, aamaa !

FYK inpormason, when Nayagan was released, its VHS version was simultaneously available - though we watched it at home (rental VHS player + cassette those days!), i was not fully involved with too many makkals at home - later on, a high school friend happened to watch it on a weekend with family coz they didnt have anything else fun to do and next day at school, he was raving abt the film thus "yaaro kamal hassannu oru actor - bayangaramaana nadippu" - this guy was more a bookworm/ classical music fan (from mumbai btw!) than an ardent movie watcher! after naayagan, he became a total Kamal fan! and later on, a HCIRF as well, after we introduced to him the real IR!

only after his reco, did i along with friends watched it onscreen, and besides other things, the BGM stuck with us!

andha 'yaaro kamal hassannu oru actor..' commenta ippa nenachhaa kooda sirippu varudhu!

leaving that aside, the BGMs of IR for Nizhalgal, Udhiri pookkal, tik tik tik, moondram pirai, and agni natchathiram, later on were very much popular - enna, ippa irukkara madhiri neither did we have internet, nor spotify, pandora etc to listen to BGM tracks of world composers at will !
    Last edited by irir123; 18th September 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    irir123,

Superb effort. As usual, may I add. In case you want physical CDs to be couriered, let me know.

Suresh sir! vendaam - ungala maadhiri fans evvalavu naalaikku thaan ippadi CDs annupuveenga! ellaathukkum oru limit irukku - avaravarukku sondha velaiyellaam irukkumbodhu, idhellaam seiyya vendiya avasiyame illai - its entirely the responsibility of SONY - they are making money out of this, arent they ??

I have 'kumurufied' my angst to someone at SONY music south! if they dont respond / take action even after this, am thinking of taking it up with GVM himself - checking out options to reach him
    Last edited by irir123; 18th September 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    80's rasikas were far more appreciative, in my opinion.. leave alone nayagan, apoorva sago, or aan paavam, i vividly remember a thunderous applause at devi theatre, chennai for a bgm bit in kadalora kavidhaigal and it was not even a recurring theme like the others i mentioned. it was for a scene involving sathyaraj and kamala kamesh..