Page 106 of 400 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cabin in the Woods

Horror movie. Story by Joss Whedon, the man who directed 'The Avengers'. Impressive IMDB rating. Critics' pick. Chris Hemsworth is part of the cast.

Nothing of the above stopped my snoring..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    MY
    BIG
    FAT
    GREEK
    WEDDING

Second time!

Many scenes I did again!

Couldn't believe that I had tears in the last couple of scenes! (That father character is one of the most memorable characters watched ever in movies..."There are only two types of people - GREEK and those who wish they were GREEK")

This time it was my own DVD but watching it yesterday reminded me of my first watch when a co-worker of Greek origin gave me her DVD and encouraged to watch it. (Her own lifestory has a lot of similarities to the movie - parents moved from Greece, owned a restaurant at some point of time, big family in the metro Detroit area, college educated, embarassed about Greek food during school days but dying for it after growing up, was dating a non-greek white professional while in our team...she married him later in the same style as in the movie, in Greek church, feeling guilty about the expensive gifts from her parents...)
    Last edited by app_engine; 4th October 2012 at 11:59 PM.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    the actor who plays the role of hero's elder brother is the director of the film..
    figures.... not memorable acting

Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    already done & gave a +ve opinion here
    link pls

Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    And Hero is the Assistant Direcor
    ... of this movie?
    I know that he has done some short films
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    kalyANa rAman
    (Kamal / Sridevi / GN Rangarajan / Panju A / IR - 70's blackbuster hit)

Big bore

Only two scenes were enjoyable in the whole movie - one when both KH meet for the first time

The other one is a song - SJ's classic "ninaiththAl inikkum" with Sridevi on-screen.

Rest of the movie is avoidable...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    kalyANa rAman
    (Kamal / Sridevi / GN Rangarajan / Panju A / IR - 70's blackbuster hit)

Big bore

Only two scenes were enjoyable in the whole movie - one when both KH meet for the first time

The other one is a song - SJ's classic "ninaiththAl inikkum" with Sridevi on-screen.

Rest of the movie is avoidable...
    Why are you posting in a way that makes me pick up a fight with you every time?

This movie is a great entertainer and Kamal totally rocks as Kalyaanam .. music is heavenly ..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    be careful app..
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    Why are you posting in a way that makes me pick up a fight with you every time?
    myopia...(or something similar)

Look at this post in this very thread on a movie by the same gumbal (KH-SD-GNR-IR):
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...l=1#post921297

Or, this:
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...l=1#post923729

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV..

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/printthre...&pp=10&page=56

RAATTINAM

- almost same story like "Kaadhal".. but the ending has some very important message
    - the consequences of love.. love between a 12th std girl [minor girl] & a boy [not told about his educational background]
    - when i thought the director has slightly modified the ending of Kaadhal.. there was a twist..
    - the ending is what mostly happens in reality & only after reading the end card texts i realised director has conveyed the message... a very important one
    - i wish school students esp. girls watch this film..

- songs onnu rendu nalla irundha madhiri irundhadhu.. eppadiyum adhai ellam ketkaporadhillai
    - no separate comedy track is a plus
    - screenplay was interesting till the end
    - hero - heroine vera yaravadhu.. innum better'ah select pannirkkalaam... heroine konjam gundaa.. poosunapla irundhadhu.. oru sayalla Bhumikha madhiri irundhadhu.. director adhai parthu select pannittarO..
    - most characters show yedhartha acting.. good & not forced edhartham [idhu ennanu ketkadheenga.. vera padathula partha solren]
    - story location: Tuticorin
    - i found it artificial when most of the characters end their sentences with a "lE" .. i have my college mate from Tuticorin.. never seen him using "lE" & i know one more person from Thiruchendur.. i can identify their accent.. but found this "lE" usage more like vijay using "nnA"
    - one more girl was shown for some 4 to 5 scenes.. i felt she was more beautiful than the heroine..
    - indha padathula kanbikkira love'la ellam enakku udanpaadu illai i.e., school love, college love... but i have seen love in college successfully transforming into marriage [college classmate].. this % is very very min...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    unnecessary vigor to beat a dead snake to its 5th death.
    kozandhai kooda thaandavam oru dhandavamnu therinju odhungi irukku - indha manushana yaaru poaye paakka sonna. naanum jism -4 pathuttu indha indhi padangaLe ippdi dhaannu bost podavaa? oorarinja unmai edho 5% padam dhaan thaerum adhula bollywood kollywoodunnu pirichu maenju sanda vera..
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal