Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    adhuparava illai. Bhava and mano singing - spread chilli powder in private parts and then self immolation.
    Mano is a pretty good singer and a big time devotee of Isaiganani. There were not too many singers who were successful in 80s and early 90s when SPB and Yesudoss were ruling the roost. No comparision to those legends, but sure a legend in his own right. A very underrated singer. I always get goose bumps while listening to his Thendral Kaatre Thendral Kaatre from Kumbakarai Thangaiah and many more.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mano, legend'a ? freeyA viduvOm..
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw this in Raja fans group

Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    App_engine avargalae, ungal varaverpirku mikka nandri. I shall try and do my modest contribution. As you can imagine I am a big fan of Ilaiyaraaja. I feel like his music plays an important role in my life and I show my appreciation by trying to draw/sketch/paint him. I am eager to attend and make some live drawings during his Toronto show. Will post here with updates. meanwhile here is an entry from my blog from years ago.

http://artworkbyaravindhan.blogspot....aja-and-i.html

(my apologies if direct links to personal blogs are not allowed on this site)

My dream is to make drawings of this legend while he is at work at his studio in Chennai.

P.S: Off topic question: do you have a suggestion for a brand of headphones that you think are good for listening to our Maestro's music. I have heard a lot about Bose headphones, but at the same time I have heard that Bose is a lot of hype and that there are other better alternatives. Please enlighten if you have the time.
    Warm regards,
    Arvindh

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mano is a very good singer. Those who say he mimics SPB have serious auditory disorders according to me.

He did sing so many good numbers and he was the one who broke the SPB - Rajni intro song sentiment in velaikaran. the song velai illathavan was a super hit.

even in the bangalore concert he did sing very well and i was surprised that there was no mention about him.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by panniapurathar View Post
    App_engine avargalae, ungal varaverpirku mikka nandri. I shall try and do my modest contribution. As you can imagine I am a big fan of Ilaiyaraaja. I feel like his music plays an important role in my life and I show my appreciation by trying to draw/sketch/paint him. I am eager to attend and make some live drawings during his Toronto show. Will post here with updates. meanwhile here is an entry from my blog from years ago.

http://artworkbyaravindhan.blogspot....aja-and-i.html

(my apologies if direct links to personal blogs are not allowed on this site)

My dream is to make drawings of this legend while he is at work at his studio in Chennai.

P.S: Off topic question: do you have a suggestion for a brand of headphones that you think are good for listening to our Maestro's music. I have heard a lot about Bose headphones, but at the same time I have heard that Bose is a lot of hype and that there are other better alternatives. Please enlighten if you have the time.
    Warm regards,
    Arvindh
    There are several types. In-ear, on ear and over the ear. The in-ear ones are the best because they provide sound isolation. The only issue is that they have to be shoved inside the ear canal. I do have the Shure in-ear headphones and I do not like the fact that I have to shove them into the rar canal. The on-ear types sit on the ear lobes and the do provide least sound isolation. They could hut the ear lobes after a while. The Grado SR60/SR60i are on the ear type. They can be worn for longer periods and they do not hurt (at least for me). These can be purchased for $70-$80 range. The over the ear types form a cup over the ear and they do provide some isolation. I do have the AKG701 and they are okay. These were around $300.00 range. If I were you, I would look into the Grado's. One other thing I missed are the Sony MDR-7506 and MDR-V6. If you cannot get any of the above mentioned ones, I would look into the Sony's. The MDR-7506 are popular in the pro-audio world and I do use them for gigs. I have heard good things about MDR-V6 phones. Good Luck !
    Last edited by Vinodkumar; 11th October 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful sketches, what a talent you have sir!

Please don't hesitate to provide IR-relevant blog links in this forum(especially if they are your arts!)...

I post here many blog links whose content is not that impressive but simply because they're related to IR

BTW, on head-phones, I've stopped listening in them years back but now my son does. When assisting him to shop at Best Buy, I listened to a variety of them but the Bose ones were phenomenally better. He had only $100 saving at that time and settled for a Bose that fit that price range (that encloses the ears) but even that is much better than the Sony's and others he had before...
    Last edited by app_engine; 11th October 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vindodkumar, Thank you very much for your suggestions - I learned quite a bit about them. Will decide on something soon. Very helpful.
    App_engine, Thank you so much for your kind words about my sketches. I will definitely provide a link once I update with the sketches from Toronto.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vindodkumar, Thank you very much for your suggestions - I learned quite a bit about them. Will decide on something soon. Very helpful.
    App_engine, Thank you so much for your kind words about my sketches. I will definitely provide a link once I update with the sketches from Toronto.
    You are very welcome ! Excellent write up...You have quite a talent there ! Please keep writing.....

Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast