Page 311 of 401 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    Exactly.. this is nothing .. just arrangement and that too not the complete backbone of a song.. And many times when IR had done something like that the song was not a hit or popular at all.. He is the most original MD when it comes to rhythm arrangements today .. others are using loops/samples as layman says.
    Kiru,

Agree with ur comments.

Arrangement and certain ideas are heavily inspired. But I think it is a fundamental misnomer to think songs and ideas pop out of nothing or nowhere. I'm quoting MSV here "From one comes the other" (He said this in context of his revelation that "Poo Malayil Or Malligai" is heavily drawn from the first flute interlude of Naushad's song "Tu mera chand main teri chandani" RDB has done wonderful work by taking some phrases from other musicians and their songs. Raja has several examples like this.

Artists work on creation with certain base in their mind. Sometimes that heavily transpires and other times less. ARR is great examples of this. He has some heavy reference songs but rarely copies. I'm yet to see some art which has no precedence.

The difference with great artist is, when they take from somewhere, they have something more to say or add. Their unique take. Their unique approach. Whereas mortals they just take and have nothing more to add to it. Then it becomes just a copy/lift.

Which leads to my favorite line from Oscar Wilde "Talent borrows, Genius steal" !!
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamesh just tweeted that Gundello Godari audio will be released on 17th Oct.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gundello Godari Launch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    நன்றி வல்லவரே. இதே போல் சங்கதிகள் நம்மிடம் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள அவரிடத்தில் நிறைய இருக்கின்றது, ஆயுளுக்கும் அவர் சொல்லணும் , நாம் கேட்கணும். . [COLOR=#000000]தொடர்ந்து [/.COLOR]நடக்குமா? இதில் அவர் சொன்ன விதம் அழகு. அதிலும் அந்த நதியோரம் மேட்டர் சூப்பர்.
    Exactly.. hear the precise definition of a wave.. text book definition of attenuation. If he were not a musician, he would have been a Noble-winning scientist.
    One more thing.. based on his description I now completely believe his music is completely loaded with aural imagery of the story/situation (last description by VS about SriRamaJeyam is surely as he portrayed).
    Last edited by kiru; 15th October 2012 at 09:54 PM.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to Satheesh Kumar for the beautiful Documentary link on Writer JK's film. A small documentary produced by Raaja sir and of of course it has his music too. Special thanks to satheesh for sharing the youtube links and the hindu newspaper link

Chandramohan Sir: Thanks for saying it is available on youtube

http://www.hindu.com/2008/04/18/stor...1853990500.htm

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly.. hear the precise definition of a wave.. text book definition of attenuation. If he were not a musician, he would have been a Noble-winning scientist. One more thing.. based on his description I now completely believe his music is completely loaded with aural imagery of the story/situation (last description by VS about SriRamaJeyam is surely as he portrayed).
    சரியா சொன்னிங்க.

'அந்த ஹம்மிங்க எவ்வளவு தடவ பாடியிருப்பேன் என உங்களால் இமேஜின் பண்ண முடியாது'. - அவர்.

"அய்யா..முப்பதைஞ்சு வருட அந்த ஹம்மிங்கை இன்னமும் எத்தனை உயிர்கள் ரசித்து..மறக்காமல் அசை போட்டுக்கொண்டே இருக்குத் தெரியுமா?"
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to see rAsA taking credit only to what he actually did in the song (prelude humming, interludes, changing annakkeeLi to annakkkiLee, arranging orchestra, convincing powers to accept etc)...

Also, acknowledging the Uthamapalayam area folk original

உங்க நேர்மை பிடிச்சிருக்கு

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly.. hear the precise definition of a wave.. text book definition of attenuation. If he were not a musician, he would have been a Noble-winning scientist.
    One more thing.. based on his description I now completely believe his music is completely loaded with aural imagery of the story/situation (last description by VS about SriRamaJeyam is surely as he portrayed).
    Totally agree, he would have been good at other areas if he had choose to concentrate on it, but I would hate to give him away to other fields!

Btw Kiru, I took your suggestion and just started to blog my old posts from this forum. Coincidentally, I just recorded a video blog explaining his music (since my writing skill is not that great) and Raja just released in this video! So happy to hear him talk about his music.

I have been arguing the case about his visual and story approach to songs for a while and his video validates lot of other hubbers like App_engine, Suresh, V_S, you just to name a few.

Will post my video soon.

App_Engine:

Yes very candid. I think he has always been like that and not insecure to reveal his inspiration. Just that he is talking lot more now!

btw, I like the uncomfortable shyness in the video for having to address the camera directly rather than the interviewer and talk about his music.
    Last edited by senthilv.com; 16th October 2012 at 12:36 AM.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    அந்த அலைகள் மேட்டரை சொல்லிட்டு ஒரு குழந்தை சிரிப்பு சிரிக்கிறாரே "என்னடா இவன் இவனைப்பத்தியே தற்புகழ்ச்சி பண்ணிக்கிறானே ந்னு நீங்க நெனைக்கிறது எனக்கு புரியுது" ங்குறா மாதிரி ஒரு செல்ஃப்-பகடி!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv