View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 243 of 247 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is marvellous senthilv ! Thoroughly enjoyed your analysis. Keep it up!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic analysis and very nicely done video Senthil. Please post about the other NEPV songs as well if you can. Thanks.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    செந்தில்.

சிறந்த முயற்சி! இசையைப் பற்றி எதுமே தெரியாது என்று அறிவித்துவிட்டு குச்சியை கையில் வைத்து, நடத்துனர் போலவே இசையோடு அசைந்தது அழகு. ஒரு இடத்தில் இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு இப்படியெல்லாம் நடனம் கூட ஆடலாம் போலிருக்கு என ஆச்சர்யப்பட்டேன்

நீங்கள் முயற்சித்திருக்கும் (பாடலை முழுதும் இசைக்கவிட்டு, கருவிகளையும் எண்ணங்களையும் திரையில் எழுதிக் காண்பிக்கும்) யுத்தி புதுமையா இருக்கு. இசை, இசைக்கருவிகள் பற்றி ஞானம் இல்லாதர்வர்களுக்கு (என்னைப் போல) புரியும் வண்ணம் அமைத்திருக்கு. ராகம், தாளம் என்ற இலக்கணங்களோடு அணுகும் முறைக்கு அப்பால், ராஜாவின் இசையை இப்படியும் ரசிகர்களுக்கு கொண்டு செல்லணும்.

நிறைய எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன் உங்களிடமிருந்து.

வாழ்த்துக்கள்! நிறைய ரசிகர்கள் கண்டு மகிழட்டும்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 26th October 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Senthil V

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Senthil.. please do more. The conducting provides visual cues. I follow the singers hands in indian music.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kiru, San_K, Venkkiram, Rajkumar. Encouragement helps.

I used to do this "conducting" in bits and pieces in late 1990's with friends in the name of "night study" (But actually listening to Raja songs) They used to make fun of me Didn't know it could be useful one day. You guys feedback on the previous video (Part1) helped me to try this out.

Next video might be Kaatrai Konjam.

Venkkiram,

IMO, it is better to approach Raja's songs without technical ideas, Raga, Thala, storytelling etc... If you directly perceive or feel the song, you will get more than from parsing it. Once you have felt it, then you could break it down. Because I believe, Raja himself "feels" the song/mood first and once he realizes the music, he sees the patterns in his own creation, he explores more and makes it consistent.

PS: Your Tamil writing is lovely to read.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by senthilv.com View Post

IMO, it is better to approach Raja's songs without technical ideas, Raga, Thala, storytelling etc...
    Well, I would put it as - raagam/thaalam is just one(two) aspects of the song.. the raagam for the mood, the thaalam accentuating it. But more than that there is actually story-telling happening in the instrumental parts as well (not just the lyrics) as you have demonstrated (and V_S earlier for SriRamaJayam). A listener has to listen to all the sounds in IR's song. Otherwise, he/she is not getting their money's worth. When others might add instrumental just to accentuate the feel or just 'decorate' it. IR gets the story and writes the score. This is the only way he can do things fast and with variety, otherwise he will be forced to do things by 'trial and error'. (Music by Design vs Music By Ear).
    This is one of the reasons that I think IR's songs do not lend itself well for 'improvisation' all the notes are interrelated. No way, just by improvising the vocal parts you can keep the song 'intact'. Yesterday, Hariharan totally killed one of the few TV viewing pleasures, I indulge in - watching Super Singer Junior. I just dont like that guy
    Last edited by kiru; 26th October 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    This is one of the reasons that I think IR's songs do not lend itself well for 'improvisation' all the notes are interrelated. No way, just by improvising the vocal parts you can keep the song 'intact'.
    Well put. Raja's compositions are like walking on knife. If you try to mess with it, you will look very silly! Even though he has moved lot closer to WCM with his recent scores, the best way to listen to his score is still to follow the melody lines and let the orchestral elements work their way into you. And the melody lines are so intertwined with orchestral backing and ornamentation, that if you improve the melody or try a different sangathi the orchestral elements can go haywire. So, if you improvise a part you have to improvise the whole score!! If you don't, ppl run into the problem you just mentioned.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by senthilv.com View Post
    Well put. Raja's compositions are like walking on knife. If you try to mess with it, you will look very silly! Even though he has moved lot closer to WCM with his recent scores, the best way to listen to his score is still to follow the melody lines and let the orchestral elements work their way into you. And the melody lines are so intertwined with orchestral backing and ornamentation, that if you improve the melody or try a different sangathi the orchestral elements can go haywire. So, if you improvise a part you have to improvise the whole score!! If you don't, ppl run into the problem you just mentioned.
    Recently, some thengai mudi band was improvising some raja songs on Super singer, could not stand it.

Post Thanks / Like