Page 318 of 401 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Enjoy!! http://www.tamilpaper.net/?p=7010 Who is that பெயரிலி?!?
    I wrote a few lines of feedback but then I discarded it. I dont think he is seriously into the music. It was probably just a youthful, time-killing activity and rAja's music differentiated him from the pre-rAja music listening older generation. No point in explaining the nuances of rAja's music to someone who says, thenRal vanthu theendum pOthu was sukku kashayam God save his music soul..I feel very sorry for him. It is like being blind even when you have a good pair of eyes..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was watching super singer junior Live!!!??? on Vijay tv. As ARR was the chief guest the contestants sung only his hits I think.After the contestants completed their performances singers from the earlier super singer contest were singing for sometime. Did anyone notice the response "Unnavida intha ulahathule.." got from the audience as soon as the first lines were sung.
    Hahahahaha.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NormalMan View Post
    ... told the editor Lenin to edit several unnecessary scenes. This gave life to the movie, along with the theme music Thenpandi seemayilae. Had it not been for Ilayaraja and Lenin, the movie would have flopped.

Not sure about the validity of the producer's statements. But all I can say about the highlighted text above is - "ஆணித்தரமான உண்மை". The theme is still the face to the movie. I'm a big fan of Kamal; But sorry, I can't give this to him. IR is the real hero of this movie. IR, Kamal, PC, Balakumaran, Janakaraj and Mani - in that order.

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/magazin...?homepage=true

When I read Kamal's version last week in THE HINDU, I felt pity for Mani Ratnam and Kamal.

But after reading Mukta's version, I feel this one is more believable than Kamal's. Just for the reason that it perfectly coincides with the popular complaints from producers on Kamal.
    We still remember how Thanu apparently cried after Alavandhan.
    And Rs.17,50,000 salary before 25 years !!! To imagine Rajni would have touched double of this that time...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan View Post
    When I read Kamal's version last week in THE HINDU, I felt pity for Mani Ratnam and Kamal.

But after reading Mukta's version, I feel this one is more believable than Kamal's. Just for the reason that it perfectly coincides with the popular complaints from producers on Kamal.
    We still remember how Thanu apparently cried after Alavandhan.
    And Rs.17,50,000 salary before 25 years !!! To imagine Rajni would have touched double of this that time...

raja_fan - naan Kamalukku vakkaalathhu vaangarathaa ninaikka venaam.

but, the same Kamal every producer seems to be complaining abt:

1. came to the rescue of Mahendran by helping him financially to complete the 'mullum malarum' shoot ! and that film happens to be one of the landmark films of 'you-know-who'!

2.has acted either without salary or very very meagre salary for 'Kalaignan' (Sivaji productions) as well as 'Singaravelan' (Paavalar Creations - IR's own production house)

why would a man - blamed for being 'selfish' and insensitive to others needs - do the above ??

and Dhanu has now done an andhar balti in a recent interview praising Kamal ! oru nilaiyyaaana karuthhu irukkanumaa vendaamaa ? 'yenakkum kamalukkum karuthhu verubaadu undu' appadeeennu strong aa ninnaaa, at least Dhanu oru kolgaya kadai pidippavarnu sollalaam - aanaa, samayam, sandharppam yethha madhiri, ippadi ujaala aavuradhu - sounds comical to me!

and as a HCIRF, I know the respect IR and Kamal have for each other ! this one interview need not be misinterpreted as something anti-IR - besides this BRangan has already irritated us by condescendingly putting down IR when he interviewed GVM !
    Last edited by irir123; 29th October 2012 at 07:45 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    Devi Sri Prasad (DSP) on cloud nine after IR called him on stage to sing along with him during Marandhen Manithen audio release:

http://www.galatta.com/telugu/news/d...ble-day/64171/

thanks,

Krishnan

Freiburg, Fribourg, Switzerland, Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like
    how is maranthen mannithen ? any reviews ?

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    how is maranthen mannithen ? any reviews ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vMdnrbwhXgM

பாடல்கள் இன்னும் என் மனதில் பதியவில்லை. மேலும் சில முறை கேட்க வேண்டும் என்று நினைக்கிறன். ஆனால் லக்ஷ்மி மஞ்சுவிற்கு மிகவும் திருப்தி போலும். ராஜா சாருக்கு இன்னும் சம்பளம் தரவில்லையாம்.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    After the high of NEPV, Maranthen Mannithen is a damp squib for me. With IRs decades-old association and friendship with the Manchu family, I expected the score to be great, if not a classic. Also, going by the movie clips released recently, it was clear that the aesthetics of the initial posters were a result of a Photoshop job. It looks like any other high-octane village-based masala film with a "Thevar Magan -type" flood scene being the highlight.

Regardless, if the movie turns out to be a big hit, it would be great for IR. However IMO, score-wise it's uninspiring!

Post Thanks / Like
    அண்ணன் ஹரிஹரன் அவர்கள் வழக்கம் போல ராகத்தை தப்பாக பாடி சொதப்பி விடுவதில் மன்னராக இருந்தாலும், ராஜா சாரே பெரிது படுத்தாமல் அருகில் நிற்பதால் நாமும் கண்டுகொள்ளாமல் விட்டு விடலாம்.

காதில் ஒரு காதல் கதை "சொன்னால்" என்ன? வீடியோ வரும் 0:26 மற்றும் 0:33 வினாடியில் கேட்டு பாருங்கள் தெரியும். அந்த நேரத்தில் நொந்து போய் அருண்மொழி அவரை பரிதாபமாக பார்பதாகவும் வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம் மேடையிலாவது சரியாக பாடுவாரா?

ஆனால், அடுத்து வரும் "அத்தை மகளோ மாமன் மகளோ" என்று ஆரம்பித்தவுடன், பிரவாகம் எடுத்து பின்னால் வரும் வயலின்கள் (0:37 - 0:49 வினாடிகள் ) மனதை பிசைகின்றன.. படம் வந்து சற்றே 28 வருடங்கள் வேகமாக ஓடி விட்டது. இதெல்லாம் தெரிந்து தான் இந்த மனிதர் போட்டாரா இல்லை இவருக்கே தெரியாமல் இதெல்லாம் வந்து கொட்டியதா? யாரோ சொன்னது போல், யானைக்கு தன் பலம் தெரியுமா என்று தெரியவில்லை.

other canda concert clips: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...uploaded&uni=3
    Last edited by rajaramsgi; 30th October 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ரேவதியின் சோலோ பேத்தொஸ் பாடலை டூயட் பாடலாக மாற்றி விட்டார் போலும். இதுவும் நன்றாகவே இருக்கிறது. விபரம் தெரிந்தவர்களுக்கு ஒரு கேள்வி. 1:03 வினாடியில் ஸ்வேதாவிற்கு இருபுறமும் வரும் இரு ஆண் பாடகர்கள் யார்? கோரஸ் மட்டும் பாடுபவர்கள் போல் தெரியவில்லை. பாடல் சொல்லி கொடுப்பவர்களா? ராஜா சார் சீனில் இருக்கும் போதே இவர்கள இருவரும் அதிக உரிமையுடன் வளைய வருகிறார்களே? அவருடைய கச்சேரிகளிலும் ரிகார்டிங்கிலும் இவர்களை அடிகடி காண்பதால், யார் இவர்கள் என்று கேட்டேன். சுந்தர்ராஜன் இல்லாத குறையை போக்குபவர்களாக இருக்குமோ?

Last edited by rajaramsgi; 30th October 2012 at 08:31 PM.