Page 253 of 332 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3318

Thread: Ilayathalapathy Vijay & A.R Muragadoss' Thuppakki

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Thuppakki a couple of days ago in Singapore, Golden Mile. Cinema was half full even at 12.30pm on a weekday. The film was technically brilliant and so were the cast, especially Vijay. His screen presence was phenomenal. When ARM said in an interview he had extracted the best out of Vijay, I was sceptical but his movie has proven it. Vijay owned the role of Jagadish. The story itself is simple enough but it's the execution where this film really shines.

Kajal was OK, she was more like a heroine cum comedian and her role wasn't meaty enough unlike the roles in Ghajini and 7aam arivu. Nevertheless, she had done pretty well in comedy and song sequences. Sathyan and Jayaram also provide comic relief and they are adequate. Vidyut as the villian was excellent. His quiet, subtle performance was terrifying.

Santosh Sivan was brilliant through out, be it in a dhoby ghat or in a club. However, I felt that due to the script, he wasn't really given an opportunity to shine... unlike Raavanan. Sreekar Prasad did a fine job in the editing department. Though the length was quite long at 2hr 45mins, there wasn't a dull moment though the Vennilave song was put in abruptly and slowed down the movie a little. Last but not least, ARM. This man had an idea of a script, wrote it, made a screenplay and directed it to perfection, despite tiny flaws. Hats off to ARM. Special mention should be said about how he crafted Vijay's look in the film. Pure class with subtle mass.

Now to the negatives... The weakest link in the movie is HJ. The BGM is honestly fantastic but that's about it. Song are OK and were picturised quite nicely, especially Antartica and Google Google. The film also got a bit over the top in the climax, with a Ghilli-like sequence but it was bearable.

Overally, it's one great film. Easily both Vijay's and ARM's best to date. Going for my 2nd show tomorrow and dragging a Vijay-hater along with me. My favourite scenes in the movie would be the pre-interval sequence and Vijay's entry during the rescue mission. Goosebumps. And I am already seeing fans requesting ARM for a Thuppakki 2 in Twitter. I don't see why not but only if ARM and Santosh Sivan are part of it. HJ is expendable.

On a side note, I can see why Vijay requested for a different script from GVM. Yohan would be too similar to Thuppakki, only perhaps more James Bondish and less Sherlock Holmish. Waiting eagerly for Vijay-Vijay combination now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    விஜய் இனி துப்பறியும் கதைகளிலேயே நடிக்கலாம். பாத்திரங்களுக்கு உரிய பொது குணாதியங்களை மாற்றாமல் இராணுவ வீரராகவோ, காவலராகவோ.. இயக்குனர்கள் வெவ்வேறாக இருப்பினும் பார்ட் 1, பார்ட் 2 என தொடர்ந்து நடிக்கணும். ஹாலிவுட் படங்கள் போல தமிழ்ப் படங்களிலும் பாத்திரப் படைப்பு பெரிய அளவில் பேசப்படனும் . விஜய்க்கு இயல்பாகவே ஸ்டைல் கலந்த ஆக்ஷன் வருவதால் கூடுதல் சிறப்பு.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Priyamani: Just came out after watching thupakki....for the first time in a Tamil cinema off late a very well sketched movie...hats off to murugadoss sir for planning the plot well...well executed...take a bow Santosh Sivan...extraordinary cinematography...Vijay has done a neat job...Definitely a new trend in Tamil cinema...
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 16th November 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    BreakingViews@BreakingViews4u
    Thuppakki Released in Qatar & Kuwait - Kuwait & Doha reported that all shows for today are sold out, booking started 4 tmrw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IT seems few scenes will be cut from the movie from tomorrow . Velayuthathulayum thaana muslim theevarathi kaamikapattathu appo yean yaarum varala. Cha olunga padatha oda vidamaatainga pola .

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    Crow's itseems is not true for Tamil Nadu.

Billa 2 gross in Tamil Nadu on Day 1 - 10.87 Crores

https://twitter.com/sri50/status/224164885746032640
    vanthutaruppa aala kanumnu pathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay Yesudas @IAMVIJAYYESUDAS
    'Thupaaki' - Surely one of the best and neatest entertaining films I Have seen in a long timeee... CONGRATS VIJAY ANNA.. Superb action & Congrats @ARMurugadoss SIR - SUPER SMART FILM SIR!! Summa sollale' Watched it with friends, and everyone loved it. Kalakkeetenga!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santosh Sivan was brilliant through out, be it in a dhoby ghat or in a club. However, I felt that due to the script, he wasn't really given an opportunity to shine...
    +1...
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Tupaki Reviews - Telugu Critics give thumbs up

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1579/t...give-thumbs-up

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Though the Kajal chapter was needless, I thought she had done a pretty neat job. I liked her reactions while she confronts Jayaram with Vijay in the former's house. To be fair, ARM couldn't have written that role with more details. It would've reduced the pace of the movie.

Vidyut was menacing. Credit to ARM for writing a role who is as brainy as the hero and outsmarts him in the cat and mouse game. Not many times does an antagonist gets such a meaty role. Two things I noted. His name was not at all revealed through out (Or was it?) and he meets the hero only in the climax. The movie was all about that meeting.

I liked the songs before its release. But I thought they were poorly picturised. Only Alaika Laika looked good on screen. It looked as if they had shot the other songs just for the sake of it. However, Harris made amends with his BGM. A pulsating score which complimented the jet speed screenplay. Last time I liked HJ's BGM was in PKMC.

Santhosh's camera work was commendable but it was nowhere near his earlier works with Mani. Also, the ARRI Alexa's greatness, which I witnessed last week in Skyfall, was missing. May be ARM's rather quick working style played its part. But still the cinematography stands tall. Especially, the scenes in the busy streets of Dharavi.

And one important man I would like to appreciate is Kecha. I didn't know anything about him before watching this movie. On googling, I found out that he was the stunt co ordinator of Billa 2 and Vishwaroopam. The actions blocks were nothing short of great and this should be the best for Vijay. No ropes used. No flying around. But the intensity was amazing.

I had reduced my expectations on this movie after ARM's last work. And ironically, he gave similar statements before the release. Vijay's best work, gripping screenplay, blah blah. And as Kumudham article pointed out, nothing had gone right from the start for Thuppakki. The GFC SAC dispute, the ARM -SAC dispute, title dispute, the postponement issues and many. And my hopes were getting reduced with each blocks. But at last it is here - The year's blockbuster, proving that there is always dawn after the dark.