Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: A.R.Rahman l Mani Rathnam l KADAL

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    then it doesn make any sense... does he have any explanation?
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. nothing. this is what his site says

This pallanguli* path, I understand wrong,
    But with faith in you, I walk along.
    Then a raw country fellow,
    Now like a lamb, you, I follow.

*pallanguli - a Tamil board game.
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    kadal twitter world -arryg

Trisha krishnan ‏@trishtrashers
    Nenjukulle-Kadal-A.R.R-Mani Rathnam...Sigh..sigh..sigh...Do not misss d unplugged version..Lovestruck !!!

Trisha krishnan ‏@trishtrashers
    Elay keecha vandhachuuuu...Mr.RAHMAN...Killing me softly with ur song i tell uuuuuu....

Sunidhi Chauhan ‏@SunidhiChauhan5
    "@tamilvels: #Nenjukulle from #Kadal repeat mode #Vairamuthu Excellent lyrics"I love this song too

G.V.Prakash Kumar ‏@gvprakash
    Nenjukulle umma mudinjirukken ... @arrahman and @vairamuthu at their best ... What a brilliant writing ... Poetry and comp at its best ♥ ..

Tipu ‏@tipusinger
    @madhankarky hi bro jus heard keechan sng its mind blowing ...sure shot of the year....u rock as always....congrats!!!

vijay ebenezer ‏@vijayebenezer
    Nenjukulle song by Rehman sir running on loop....what a composition! No doubt he's a legend👍

Siddharth ‏@Actor_Siddharth
    `Kadal' is a successful A.R.Rahman & Mani Ratnam experiment…varied global genres. Rooted Tamil verse. Magic. A gift. Call it what you will..

Priya Anand ‏@PriyaWajAnand
    I have the Fondest Memories of Listening to the Audio of 'Kadal' Iiishh... Wish I had a Time Machine!

dhanush ‏@dhanushkraja
    Trippin on kadal songs.trippin is the right word.when I listen 2 d songs I feel like im in d world of avatar. Can feel all d colours.

Sivakarthikeyan ‏@Siva_Kartikeyan
    @madhankarky sir.. In love wit adiye song) kadal songs amazing sir )

Neeti Mohan ‏@neetimohan18
    In love with the album #kadal Sir @arrahman you bring so much joy in our lives with your music God bless you!

Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
    #Kadal - AR Rahman -Mani Ratnam combo rocks big time. It is the best album from Rahman in years .Elay Keechan & Nenjukkulle my favourites.

=====

Abhay Jodhpurkar ‏@AbhayJodhpurkar

Finally!!! The much awaited and my Love is here... Thanx to Rahman Sir & Mani Sir for giving me this... http://fb.me/15gcXOk8x

Haricharan Sesh ‏@HaricharanSingr
    @raaj_g thanks a ton, i was doing backing vocals witn arr sir even before unakena. This is overwhelming

Haricharan Sesh ‏@HaricharanSingr
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy A longstanding dream comes true, Thank you god. Top of the world, thanks so much @arrahman sir for the opportunity.

Vijay Yesudas ‏@IAMVIJAYYESUDAS
    Amazed & greatful for the kind of response i'm getting from all music lovers and @arrahman fans and @arrahman sir for giving me such a song

Vijay Yesudas ‏@IAMVIJAYYESUDAS
    @arrgallery @vairamuthu A true Honor to have sung such a beautiful composition with such great lyrics ... Truly Blessed Unforgettable

Aaryan Dinesh ‏@AaryanDineshK
    Thank you @arrahman Sir for giving me the biggest opportunity in my life. This is seriously a Dream for a long time! Thank you Sir!

Aaryan Dinesh ‏@AaryanDineshK
    Was great working on the song Mahudi Madudi along side @Chinmayi and @TanviSha for @arrahman Sir. Can't stop tweeting about it!

Shakthisree Gopalan ‏@ShakthisreeG
    Thank you @arrahman for giving me this opportunity. This song is a dream come true for me! #Kadal #MTVUnplugged #Nenjukulley

Srinivas Doraiswamy
    With every collaboration with Maniratnam, ARR goes up one more level.. Kadal is a path breaking album.. Adiye,what a song,adiye!!!!! What a wacky rendition from Sid Sriram.. And the harmonies.... Has anyone heard anything in India like this before?? Not likely.. The best part is that it is not technical,cerebral and it is straight from the heart.. Simple and goes straight to the heart.. Like RD Burman....

@Chinmayi
    The lines I speak "Unakku teriyuma ..Naa magudi da, nee paambu' in Magudi Magudi were written by Mani Sir. So now I too can say with alpa santhosham that I spoke Mani sir's lines

Thulasi Nair (T!nK$) ‏@ThulasiN
    @karthickbabu1 Adiye is the best visual song in the entire movie the most hardwork was put into mking that song breathtaking as it is
    Rinku Gupta ‏@RinkuGupta2012

@ThulasiN whats ur fav song in kadal..and why?? Thulasi Nair (T!nK$) ‏@ThulasiN
    @RinkuGupta2012 moongil thotaam becuz itss very melodies ,soothing and the lyrics is very admirable and adiye totally new and awesum

=======

Rameez Rahman ‏@rameezrahman

ARR composed the tune, added voice and arrangements, soaked it in honey till it dripped of it, and then put it in a cd. #Nenjukkulle #Kadal

Neeraj Ghaywan ‏@ghaywan

Piya Haaji Ali tempted me to turn to Islam. Ik Onkar to Sikhism. Anbin Vassale(Kadal) to Christianity. @arrahman is the messenger of god.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Review: A R Rahman delivers with Kadal soundtrack

Pavithra Srinivasan feels the music of Tamil film Kadal offers a truly beautiful listening experience.

One of this year's most highly anticipated music albums is finally here, advanced by a couple of days due to phenomenal public demand.

This is unsurprising, as Madras Talkies' Kadal, brings back the much-revered combination of director Mani Ratnam and composer A R Rahman [ Images ], not to mention the lyricist duo, Vairamuthu and Karky.

With Gautam and Thulasi joining hands for the first time on the big screen, the movie is eagerly anticipated.

A listen to the songs:

A newborn's plaintive cry begins Chithirai Nila, a pleasant song with the vocals gaining more importance. Rendered by Vijay Yesudas, it is a sort of conversation with an infant, a promise of life to come.

The lyrics are invigorating and are its true charm, for this is a rather familiar number, and seems to be a template A R Rahman has used often. It reminds you of his earlier compositions.

In many ways, Adiye takes you by surprise with the audacity with which it shifts genres. Sid Sriram transplants the Tamil lyrics brilliantly into what seems almost a Blues setting. It's a fantastic number that transcends the usual.

The instrumental arrangement, not to mention Sid Sriram's voice, reverberating with emotion, and the jazz vocals by Maria Roe Vincent add depth. A genuine classic.

Gentle guitar strings (courtesy George Doering and Keba Jeremiah) combine anguish and happiness in Moongil Thottam, rendered by Abhay Jodhpurkar and Harini.

Sekar's cello adds beauty to the sweeping melody as well. The lyrics, again, form the biggest attraction here, though they stumble a little trying to fit into the distinctly western milieu. It should be interesting to see how this number is picturised.

Eley Keechan begins with much enthusiasm, and once again, George Doering's peppy guitar strings blend with A R Rahman's voice. The country-western air is a nice departure from the mandatory kuthu pattu tracks and surprises with how well Tamil lyrics adapt to an alien setting. A very pleasant listen.

Keba Jeremiah's guitar strings provide a soothing prelude to Shakthishree Gopalan's rendition of Nenjukkulle Vairamuthu's lyrics, drenched in local flavour, though the slightly western twang makes it slightly difficult to get into the mood of the number.

However, that's just the beginning; the instrumental arrangement, and the charanam elevate this number from just another composition ably assisted by Naveen Iyer's flute. A truly fascinating number.

Haricharan's fluid voice which begins Anbin Vaasale fairly throbs with emotion as church bells toll, and a chorus raises its voice with divine fervour, rendered by Chennai Chorale. There's an almost otherworldly lilt to the words that makes it more than just another devotional number. The gentle way it finishes adds to its charm.

If anything, it's Magudi, rendered by Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam, Chinmayi and Tanvi Shah that seems rather tailor-made, meant to fit in with the formula for a fast-paced number. Except for Chinmayi's rather haunting words, there's nothing new here.

It's been said that A R Rahman always delivers his very best for Mani Ratnam. It looks like it with Kadal, where the composer experiments and runs riot with different styles with some success.

It now remains to be seen just how the veteran film-maker picturises these intriguing numbers, and more importantly, how he will fit them into a uniquely Tamil setting.

With Adiye and Nenjukkulle, Moongil Thottam and Anbin Vaasale, Kadal offers a truly beautiful listening experience. Go for it.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/...l/20121217.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    rockstar,dehli 6 kedacha responce vida athigama kedachirukku intha kadal album!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moongil Thottam - Song Lyrics and Translation

This song is a prayer, I've printed the above picture and put it on my wall so that I see it all the time. Rahman Ji has truly outdone himself, I thought it would be a difficult task for him to overcome "Mel Isaiyae" but I now stand corrected. I love this composition and sir, I have no worlds to express my gratitude... All I can do is admire and worship you. I must have done some good deeds in my life to hear such a song like this and sir, you must have noticed this and therefore have acknowledged this with the composition of "Moongil Thottam". I am so emotionally overwhelmed right now and I am more than happy to stay in this zone for ever!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flipkart has shipped my CD. Can't wait!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    then it doesn make any sense... does he have any explanation?
    Why doesn't it make sense? It is a metaphor that the path is not a smooth surface. The equipment used for pallangkuzhi game is with holes and not smooth. This is a very straight forward metaphor. I dont understand the confusion.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast