Post Thanks / Like
    vem,

Malta is that country wher the hosanna song from VTV was shot

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha

GMV's movies have taught me several things, although on the surface the dialogues may seem to have been foisted.

A case in point: Jyothika in Vettayadu Vilayadu goes to the US on H1B, leaving her new born in Chennai with her parents and after taking a bitter divorce from her sadistic husband. Good.
    But, all of a sudden she recalls an incident in House of Sand and Fog movie, in which Ben Kingsley commits suicide by tying his face inside a plastic cover. She mentions this dialogue when our Inspector Raghavan overhears the muffled sound from her hotel room and breaks down the door. She profusely thanks him and mentions that she wanted to attempt suicide as depicted in the movie.

All said, I wonder who paid the door bill, and I also was happy that she didn't press charges on Raghavan since it is invasion of privacy in the US to break down others' doors

Even a modicum of logic was missing in that movie

Next Nadunisi Naygal: What's he trying to say ? Utter crass.

And now this

Senior Member Regular Hubber Vkrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vem View Post
    Watched NEPV. Couldn't stand the movie. No story at all. Came to know a few new things: One of them is that there's a country called Malta--No idea why the heroine went there...

Well. Under the pretense of producing an entertainer, such movies give youngsters an illusion that they can keep fighting and joining with their lovers without worrying about their future. Jeeva joins Samantha after the reception-- what happens to the girl whom he ditched ? If she commits suicide, who's responsible ?

I hope the college goers take such movies just for entertainment.
    Anbare,

You don't read newspaper? There's lot more worse things happening that cannot be portrayed even in films.

Ok, you didn't like the film and it was not believable. Cool. But blaming societal problems on films is short sighted. These problems have existed since the time immemorial. We humans from all parts of the world have to come up with different moral codes, religion, tribal gods to scare people long before even a proper stage play was put together. People were better in the past is a fantasy and rewriting history.

Not coming down hard on you just putting things in perspective.

PS: Pls put SPOILERS, if you gonna reveal the ending. Others may be still watching film, it is a basic courtesy. (I have not seen the film yet)
    Last edited by senthilv.com; 27th December 2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Typo
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ashivanji View Post
    Very good writeup ! Bass poruthavaraikkum IR real Boss dhAn .

Post Thanks / Like
    http://pitchaipathiram.blogspot.in/2.../ego-trip.html

For a change a favorable review of the movie which is not so favorable about the music!
    Last edited by ashivanji; 27th December 2012 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4239818.ece

He’s now working on Balu Mahendra’s Thalaimuraigal , Prakash Raj’s Un Samaiyal Araiyil , a remake of the Malayalam hit Salt and Pepper, and Gunasekhar’s Tamil-Telugu historical starring Anushka, Rani Rudhrama Devi .

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=33409

Wow. I also attended the function and was fortunate enough to see the GOD in close proximity. Am happy for these youngsters who were blessed by HIS presence!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being an eternal optimist, I've hopes for BM's movie, although his movies have been most disappointing recently. My 2 cents only and not to offend any of BM's fans

1. Julie Ganapathy: BM copied Misery to the scene, and although IR had shined in the BGM part, his songs didn't become as big a hit as his previous ones with BM. Even Jesudoss sounded jaded in the Minmini paarvaaigal song, and I was furious when I saw the picturization for that song---awful at best.
    A low budget movie and BM missed the mark sadly. I wish he'd spent a little bit more and suited it to the Indian taste, rather than imitating the original one.

2. Adhu Oru Kana Kalam: IR's songs were good, although not extraordinary. I'm glad IR didn't produce extraordinary songs since the movie was just real crass--everyone falls in love, and there's no mistake in it. But, how can a cop let a convict elope with a girl since he felt that the person couldn't commit another crime... In any event, another low budget one.

Times have changed, and hence I hope the directors also change themselves to the changing needs of the public. I hope BM spends enough money on the songs to give a flavor to the songs from IR.

IMHO