View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 208 of 247 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    Only one complaint from me about this song is, the very slow starting. Sometime i could enjoy but sometimes not.
    It cannot get better than this for a louuu song. Cannoooooooooo
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    irir, I couldn't locate a website for Sony India South. Only Social media(tw/fb/yt) Shouldn't they put a website which is linked with the main Sony Music Global's website?!? And list the albums they release in South?!? What kind of prefessionalism is this?!?
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SKV - unprofessionalism is the hallmark of developing countries like India and China - we dont do anything in a streamlined/refined smooth manner - its not surprising therefore that many western companies are afraid/hesitant to do business here - the situation gets worser when it comes to the Indian film industry!

neither IR nor Kamal Hassan have their respective websites! the same logic is perhaps being followed by Sony Music South, which, by all means is a franchisee outlet/chain, run very similar to how Kamat and Saravana Bhavan hotels are run! the brand name is the same, but run by different managers independently! so its not surprising that the CD cover/inlay sheets are incorrectly put in Tamil for a Telugu release and vice-versa!

if you ask me, the entire blame should go to all of us - because we do NOT demand quality

1. we download movies/MP3s illegally

2. we host/upload media files illegally

3. we waste time, money, energy on putting up huge cutouts, and squabbling with fans of other celebrities, when the same time can be spent constructively educating ourselves on professional standards!

4. we simply dont respect/value copyright laws - reiterate that, read my posting abt how my musician friend couple insisted they buy the original ITUNES album of NEPV !!

5. oru sarakku party vechhaa, namma makkal kottamaa thirandu varuvanga - adhuvum OC sarakku! sondha kaasa pottu music kekkanumnu varumbodhu mattum namakku valikkum!

in this regard, am very happy to learn that Thiraipaadal.com is either going away, or to be banned - i heard it from someone

appadiyey aagattum - similarly, i would want to see illegalities banned in every other manner - that way we can ensure quality in the near future

there is nothing called a free lunch !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    irir123,
    Very good, I understand your concerns. It is a big slip by a company like Sony. They could have done it, no two thoughts about it. If they are doing sincerely for other soundtracks, they could have done for this too. But I could not understand how this is linked to people (consumers) mentality. Again, we cannot put the blame entirely on people and also cannot generalize US trend based on couple of people. I know so many here, who never bought any music/movies, all torrents download only. I cannot generalize all US people are like this, definitely they have better sense in this aspect. Just because we cannot showcase Maestro's credibility/capability to our neighbours, we cannot blame every one, my humble opinion.

On point #5, I strongly condemn and disagree, we don't have any right to say this, and I don't see this trait only in India.

More importantly, this is one South Indian film marketed, promoted only to our audience, not even up North. And we are explaining something to a person in US, who never care ever to listen to other music unless we tell them. They don't have any interest (except very few who practice music, not the average listener, reviewers) and don't go all the way to listen to any music outside their country. If we take in India, everyone (the person having least music interest) has much better music sense than anyone else in the world, not just the music within India, but open to listen to any music with open hands and heart. Most of our albums are meant for our audience, rather than world market and world audience. Yes I know this is a special album, but somehow Sony treated this as another album, not even cared to take a note of how it was composed, very shame on them.
    Last edited by V_S; 14th September 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I appreciate your humongous effort in taking Maestro to the world, to be honest I expected the same not from a fan, from a person who worked closely with Maestro and who knows Maestro's working style and who have enjoyed his compositions when playing/conducting, which include those famous Lazlo kovacs, Attila, John Scott and so on. We keep praising them as they all have worked with Maestro. Maestro has worked with some biggest names, which other Indian composers have never worked. Do they not know what Maestro is capable of? What do they do? Do they really care? Did they take him to the next level? This is my biggest question. This is the reason for my previous post about the mentality of westeners in listening/promoting our music which has huge potential (I am not even talking to promote every one of them). I tend to think this way as it seems to me that, you pay money I will play for you and go back. When you ask me to come again, I will come.
    Last edited by V_S; 14th September 2012 at 11:51 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IRIR,

You are calling for the banning of thiraipaadal. Well why do you even post youtube links then? I have seen you post the YT links of songs from abhinandana for one. Was that video uploaded by the producers of that film? Or did you pay to watch it? That is no different from listening to songs from thiraipaadal or downloding mp3s. I really don't know when will you stop accusing *Indians* when you are no better.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    3. we waste time, money, energy on putting up huge cutouts, and squabbling with fans of other celebrities, when the same time can be spent constructively educating ourselves on professional standards!
    Can you stop this nonsense already? What has this got to do with anything??? And how is it an India only thing?
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It comes off as news to me that piracy doesn't exist outside India/Indians.
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    IRIR,

You are calling for the banning of thiraipaadal. Well why do you even post youtube links then? I have seen you post the YT links of songs from abhinandana for one. Was that video uploaded by the producers of that film? Or did you pay to watch it? That is no different from listening to songs from thiraipaadal or downloding mp3s. I really don't know when will you stop accusing *Indians* when you are no better.
    valid point Nerd - its my mistake and i take back that statement - its all out of a moment of frustration
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Can you stop this nonsense already? What has this got to do with anything??? And how is it an India only thing?
    Yeah, try going to any damn apple store on Sep 21 when the iPhone 5 comes out. You ll see loads of people queuein' up to grab the phone. And you should listen to the noise when they finally open the door to the stores. And in US you ll see so many people supporting college sports for God's sakes. Sporting gear, body painting what not?!
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    It comes off as news to me that piracy doesn't exist outside India/Indians.
    Exactly. Try searching for torrents of new English/European music/movies too.