View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 236 of 247 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thumburu View Post
    Esp in "kaatrai konjam", the oboe, strings all seem to be vying with Karthik and finally emerge triumphant ha ha...
    I listen to the song in my mind as 'karoke', filtering out the male voice...it's so lovable that way!

I can't wait to get the karoke version released!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Find myself looping (one of my least favorites earlier) peNgaL enRaal more often than the others these days, mentally removing Yuvar's voice of course. Regret that I excluded it while voting in this thread.

What a wildly imaginative song, coming from a 70 year old. I don't know if I will be able to do normal day to day stuff when I am 70 but look at him, coming up with such creative landmark albums, writing each note at this age. Wonder what else is left in store.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Rum" on loop in the car!

True to the tag, it has the kudhirai effect and I tend to turn into very aggressive driver Car-ai motor bike mAthiri Ottittu irukkEn

Easily miles ahead of others in the album - absolutely no blemish (except that the length is too short) and I continue to wonder how Gautam will picturize this new millennium's 'azhagu malarAda'!

The drummer really excelled in this number and is in tough competition with the strings players & Sunithi for the top spot! adhilum andha hi-hat vachchu viLaiyAdal in the interlude - wow!

This song is a real challenge by IR to all the current composers in India - enga, mAtch paNNunga pAppOm! (And, the song is in pure IR-genre!)
    Last edited by app_engine; 27th September 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, this number is a "true-continuation" of the original ninaivellAm nithyA songs, IMHO. The interlude can easily fit into a third interlude to the original 'nee thAnE en pon vasantham' song (or 'pani vizhum malarvanam')! And the song's innovation levels are in that range as well. Plus, it gives me a personal "high" feeling in the same way I got when NN came out during college days!

It feels like IR got the adrenaline levels of 1980 or something like that!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suggestion to irir123 - a copy of the CD with a tip to listen to muthal murai, saRRu munbu should reach the hands of Sarah Brighthman or her agents. I can help in mailing it out etc but need your help in the template/contacts etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Per the link posted by senthilv.com in the titbits thread, the french bakery special cake for IR will feature pic from NEPV as well

This ~1000 kg ~1000 photo cake (with the proceeds @ Rs 1500/kg going to charity) must have got triggered from the recently rekindled IR-mania, largely due to the NEPV album / launch concert...

Post Thanks / Like
    appA < $20K car
    paiyan > $60K car

idhukkuppEr thAn "munnERRam":

Post Thanks / Like
    Jiva'vukku nEram :
    (somebody did a mugamoodi youtube with kARRaikkonjam niRkachchonnEn)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thumburu,

LOL at the description. I do the same.

app,

Yes, 'mudhal murai' is just out of the world in every sense of the word. Each instrument in it vying with the voice for the top spot. What energy levels the song has. Have to sing the song along completely even when I drive hitting the steering wheel when 'mazhaiya veyila' starts.

Nerd,

True. Pengal endral is an excellent song with some superb twists in the tune, which is very logical according to me. I wrote about it in my blog earlier.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Find myself looping (one of my least favorites earlier) peNgaL enRaal more often than the others these days, mentally removing Yuvar's voice of course.
    My thoughts exactly! I still wonder why the choice of Yuvan there (upon repeated listenings, i feel he is not a perfect choice) when Raaja already roped in Suraj Jagan - who is extremely popular for rock songs - for pudikele maamu! I hear NEPV everyday but i still cannot get over this sore thumb called Yuvan in this album - be it saindhu or this song. Infact, I have compiled a cd for car that has all songs of NEPV with saindhu saindhu replaced by telugu version. Unfortunately, pengal endraal in telugu has yuvan only